Modpacks » Epic Studios' Macedonian Phalangite *VERSION 2.1*

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Epic Studios' Macedonian Phalangite *VERSION 2.1*

Author File Description
Old_King_CoalII
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
Now use the phalanx in battle as never before! With brand new animations, textures helmets and weapons the phalanx really does come to life!

The two most effective armies in the ancient world were the Roman army, and the Macedonian army under Alexander the Great. The Macedonian Army was based on the phalanx, where a box of men eight men deep stood with long spears and shields against the foe. Well disciplined formations are extremely hard to break, and there are few instances in history where the phalanx was actually broken.

On the field the Pezhetairoi are excellent at combating cavalry, and adept at conquering infantry. Though don't put them in range of enemy archers! Available in age 3 to all gods of the Greek civilization as the walking pezhetairoi, you can transform it into a melee pezhetairoi when the enemy is close by!

The melee pezhetairoi is now able to move at a reasonable speed, in addition it is highly resistand to melee attacks, though it will be crushed under the arrows of the enemy. The walking pezhetairoi is now able to attack, though if it is combating anything but cavalry it has very little effect, it's two main advantages are that it it highly resistant to archer fire and it can move large distances at speed, it cannot however stand up to melee attacks.

Updates:

Dec 17/08- Shield bug in walking phalangites fixed
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Nick The Hun
(id: Nick_The_Hunn)
one word: Awesome
Old_King_CoalII
File Author
could we get a reviiew please?
tarion_31 looking cool im gonna try it out
btw wait for more downloads someday you will get a rating ;)
Fool Barbarian Cool
Alison
(id: Alyssea)
Rating
Rating: 4

The model's are really pretty, and so are the textures, and the icon The active animation seems to be running on the ground, the legs moving to fast for it.

Also, I'm not sure if it's my computer or not, but the name's arn't appearing, nor are any data in the history panel, except the explanation at the bottom.

Additional Comments:

You did well, but it could have used slightly more planning.
Old_King_CoalII
File Author
odd, when I used this mod all the names and history files worked perfectly. I thunk the problem is a few mistakes that were made in the install process, the names being gone must mean that Xpacklanguage is either missing or not the correct file. The history thing, I am pretty sure that it is all ok, just double-check that you installed it correctly.
ipwnedzeus
Rating
Rating: 5
Now that it isn't horribly slow when in combat mode this is a much better. Changing it between walking and melee isn't really a problem anymore. Don't see any problems with it now. The history is interesting too.

Additional Comments:
It's fun to play as Posiedon(spelling?) and combine these with the Hetairoi:)

P.S.
If anyone is confused I had an old review here before but changed it after 2.0 came out.

[Edited on 12/06/08 @ 10:24 PM]

Old_King_CoalII
File Author
Ya, I can understand why you dislike having to change it from melee and back, I think i will change that in version 2.0, though I hope you know that because the phalanx is very powerful we had to balace it somehow and the change thing was one of our best ideas.

Updated file see description

[Edited on 12/06/08 @ 08:27 AM]

Zaphragor
(id: Coca_Cola93)
Nice mod thought.

But the marching guys got two shields. One is in the position like the fighting guys and one is like the normal hoplites.
Old_King_CoalII
File Author
the shields aren't doubled for me.......
I don't know why they are for you
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,569