Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multiplayer Scenarios » River Run Advanced!

Download File Post Review Post Comment

River Run Advanced!

Author File Description
Die_Mortal
File Details
# of Players: 5 Players 4vs1 All Kronos
Version: AoM: The Titans
The original River Run was just a simple hide and seek/ escape with no real effort put in to make it great. While no one had really done that before, it wasn't really much to talk about.

Unlike the original however, River Run Advanced has the makings of a great game. The map is almost the same, but altered slightly to stop one strategy that made the runners nearly invinceable. (It's still possible, but a lot harder to do successfully now.) And aside from technical fixes, there is an added speed boost for the runners, in case you get in a tight spot. But to counter-act it, the hunter will get slightly faster than you over time.

Overall, an expanded version of the same. Still, the game is a million times better with just these changes.

Thanks for playing!
-Die_Mortal
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 3
Well, this run is very difficult for the attacker. I would reccomend giving him more los. The cliff layout was done well, and there were areas where the runner could be trapped, which was good. I like the tower idea and the godpowers for the attackers were also good. I want to see more eyecany, perhaps on the cliffs. This should be exciting so there needs to be dramatic music. It's slightly boring after a while. Nice visual effects are also reccomended. I like how you made the attacker get faster over time, otherwise it would be almost impossible for him to win.

Balance: 3
This is hard for the attacker. I didn't like how when a player died/resigned/quit, their towers were still there. I suggest destroying the towers when the player (runner) dies just to give the attacker a slightly bigger edge, because it is hard for the attacker as it is. I also want to see more extravagant godpowers. More visual, widespread, interesting ones that will keep the runners moving. Also perhaps the attacker could get two ships at a certain time?

Creativity: 4
Interesting idea. I like the idea of making a run on water. I've never seen this before. I also liked how you made areas where the runners could get caught in to allow some leverage for the attacker. I just want to see some more eyecandy. I want to see more of you in this.

Map Design: 3
Pretty bland. I just feel like im right-clicking around trying to escape and not much in a game. This needs some realism. I reccomend lowering or highering the cliffs, mixing different terrain, putting stuff in the water like fish and other things, and maybe change the lightning to night to add a more spooky feeling.

Story/Instructions: 4
The intro cinematic was clear and straight-forward, not too long. All the notifications in-game you kept pretty simple. The idea of a ship eating monster was cool too. You could add a backround story to make the game more interesting.

Additional Comments: This is okay it just needs some pizzazz.

[Edited on 02/28/17 @ 08:28 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0