New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Northern Waterfront

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Northern Waterfront

Author File Description
Ivaylo
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
This is my first ever scenario for AOM. You are Oranos and start with 2 Citizens, with which you have to build a Town Center. Your task then is to defeat the bandits (Loki). After they've been dealth with you have to build 16 Biremes to win. Fully working objectives are included. The map consists of one large island on which both players are on. They are separated by a forest, which is the only wood source on the map, except the few trees on the surrounding islands. The starting island's food and gold will quickly deplete and the players will need to move their hunting and mining operations on the small islands nearby. There is also plenty of fishing spots and relics to collect.
---------------------
IMPORTANT: The scenario currentry uses the Admiral AI for Titans. The scenario's AI isn't fully working, because it refuses (for some reason) to use transport ships for moving villagers to another island. The AI also doesn't make any battle ships.
---------------------
This is the forum topic about it: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,27370,0,10
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Python_Owner987
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 3
The Playabillity is a 3 because the AI (Artificial Intelligence) Doesnt Work and they just have a town center and 3 dwarfs and a ox cart. Normally bandits are like spearman and they have a few bases. Btw you can change the AI to the first one there is. That makes it like a Random Map.

Balance: 3
The Balance is a 3 because there wasnt much balance there was 3 dwafrs and a town center and a ox cart. Basicly all you had is 2 villager and a tent and a ship. Then you build a town center and when you get to the secend god you could probly beat him so its a 3.

Creativity: 5
The Creativity is a 5 because you created it very well it has beutiful eyecandy, although...
There is very small island with "Gold Mines". Why did you do that?. I like the way you picked Oranos vs Loki because thats very creative! A foreginer coming to a unknown land...

Map Design: 5
The Map Design aka "Eyecandy" is a 5 because the water was well set out the terrian was brilliant and you put water decorations,different type fishes and you set the town centers in a good spot but you need alot bigger map like a 700x700 maybe you cant see it but if you install "Nottuds Editor" you can zoom up and down further. Nice Idea!!!!!!
Story/Instructions: 3
The instructions are a 3 because they are very poor and there is only two objectives however i like the idea of putting a sound when the message comes up " Build A Town Center". And i have a good idea for you: You could put the writing in "Italics". To do this go to Openoffice.org and download it. Its free then open Document and change the writing to Italic.
Btw the Storyline was superb! i like the way where you have to kill bandits you should of main a jail with like dwarfs in and if you rescue them you get them and they mine gold for you.

Additional Comments: I really enjoyed the map but one problem the AI doesnt work in the future use the AI "aomdefaultai.xs."
Python_Owner987 Do you still play "Age of Mythology". If you do i can help you design maps/scenarios.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0