Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » The Lost Ruins of Mesoamerica: I (FINAL UPDATE)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Lost Ruins of Mesoamerica: I (FINAL UPDATE)

Author File Description
pharoh_elite
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans

CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE PROJECT SHOWCASE

After reading an article in The Times newspaper, renowned archaeologist Duchess Carolina Rowancroft of Berkshire has donned her expedition gear and jumped on the next flight to Bolivia. Little did she know she would find more than just Incan treasure there...

UPDATE - VERSION 1.1

• Tutorial Added

• New Sounds Added

• New Gameplay Aspects Added

• Jumping Fixed

• Eyecandy Improved

• Reveal Map Error Fixed.

• Errors Fixed
  • Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
    AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    Yeebaagooon
    Staff
    Oh I've been waiting so long for this :D.
    aZeusdude2 Nice! I'll check it out.
    Yeebaagooon
    Staff
    Umm, you forgot to put the scenario in.
    Zaphragor
    (id: Coca_Cola93)
    I got the same problem. But then I put a .scx behind it and it works.
    pharoh_elite
    File Author
    school-boy error! Sorry guys, it's fixed now.

||| THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THE REVIEWS BELOW |||

[Edited on 01/20/09 @ 06:43 PM]

aZeusdude2
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability3.0
    Balance5.0
    Creativity5.0
    Map Design5.0
    Story/Instructions5.0
    Much better! When I looked at the updated version I looked around at the dull areas and *poof* you fixed the plain areas and the eyecandy improved. Here's my new review.

Playability: 3
    (Insert Playability analysis here)
    Ok, Anno. I brought it up by one due to the fact that still I had problems with the jump. I don't know if it's me or if its something else. Much better in the updated version. In the upcoming ones, post a small hint to where the actions should be besides the obviousnes of the object in which you have to do the certain action. It improved, but still 3.

Balance: 5
    (Insert Balance analysis here)
    Ok, so once again, no fighting. And once again again I'll judge it on the cinematics. No into cinematics, unlike the first one (Don't know why). The cinematics with her bowing I brought up since the bowing problem could be hard and it doesn't really matter.

Creativity: 5
    (Insert Creativity analysis here)
    *Creative, although the creativity was not exacly experienced correctly.* I kept this part of my review since you didn't get what I said by experienced correctly. What I meant was that the jumping problem and all the other things I mentioned that made the playability kinda low, so you were creative in making all the ideas, and in the update they were better. So 5 for creativity.

Map Design: 5
    (Insert Map Design analysis here)
    Ok, better. Much better I saw that you made rocks in dull areas and I apoligize for the stairs. I didn't know they could be in a good condition like that. I guess you know more than me, and you do.

Story/Instructions: 5
    (Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)
    Due to the tutuorial it helped with the instructions. Good, so you get 5.

Additional Comments: Better. Sorry for my previous review if that offended you. I just played a lot of maps by the Vandhaal and Oscar and I just expect kinda everything to be ok and working and the eyecandy to be just great. Hope this review made you happier, Anno. Can't wait till chapter 2. (Btw, sorry but I still do not like the waves.)

[Edited on 01/20/09 @ 08:21 PM]

Banoffee I will also post a reveiw, I think this deserves a higher mark.
    aZeusdude2 I kinda have higher standards.
    mr epic fail
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability4.0
    Balance5.0
    Creativity5.0
    Map Design5.0
    Story/Instructions4.0
    Playability: 4
    Okay Now it has been majorly updated! It is really awesome Okay I loved the scenario. You didn't get a five here because there where some really annoying fiddly bits where you got stuck and I just couldn't get out so I had to load the autosave.

Balance: 5
    Okay sorry about before I am new. Okay great balance all the cinematics where perfect, the tutorial was great, but that voice is so annoying. :) I did get stuck a few times but thanks to that autosave feature that didn't matter at all

Creativity: 5
    Okay it was an awesome map really creative (btw what was the use of that boar :))
    the building where used perfectly. Also I have never seen a map like this one before (topic and the commands/explosives :D).

Map Design: 5
    Okay awesome eyecandy the building where great I loved the stairs I think azeusdude was wrong the waterfall was awesome. The only error was of course maybe a rock in the middle of the path which got you stuck or some ruins. But now I see that it must have been really difficult.

Story/Instructions: 4
    Okay the tutorial was great but again that voice. I liked at the end where it told you your score (I got 100% hooray). Though it took me about 5 minutes, its still a scenario right?
    you got a 4 because the riddle with the statue was a bit complicated I didn't really get it (also why was the statue an enemy Caroline destroyed it) at first then I saw the relic and I tried putting it down which didn't work so I pressed action and wallah. Great scenario!

Additional Comments:
    Sorry about my review before I am new and my sister gave me some tips... I can't wait for chapter 2, you are making a chapter two right?

[Edited on 01/20/09 @ 06:31 PM]

pharoh_elite
    File Author
    [b]FILE UPDATED | VERSION 1.1[/b]

@ Azeusdude & Mr Epic Fail:

Thanks for the reviews. I have left a response on the files showcase:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=27397&st=recent&f=13,27397,0,10

I would appreciate you reading it and then updating your reviews in response to the new version.

@ Banoffee: If you can download the new version and post a review I would greatly appreciate it.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability3.7
    Balance5.0