New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Lost Worlds: Eden

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Lost Worlds: Eden

Author File Description
Old Bachus
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
In my debut eyecandy map I will take you the Lost Continent of Eden. I'll show you the fabled Garden, the Land of Nod, city of Enosh; and you can eyewitness the Fall of Man and see how it was when the Earth was young. This map is purely visual with minimal use of triggers.

Features:

Orignal eyecandy

Scenery borrowed from Genesis and my imagination

Lots of surprises

Please review and give constructive critcism. If you find any bugs do tell. I hope you enjoy it :).
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
mr epic fail Okay I saw some nice eyecandy but when I started the scenario it started as player
Gaia so I went to the editor and play tested it as player one then I had two Caladria (flying medics) then I lost I mean what the **** is up with that? Please fix this or tell me what to do!
Old Bachus
File Author
That's wierd. It was supposed to play as Player 1, which I had as Oranos and that was who the Caladria belong to. You're supposed to control them and explore the map with them. I'll check the problem and fix it when I have time.
Old Bachus
File Author
I wish more people would talk. I need to make a thread for this in SD. That should get more attention
DragonBlood11
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 1
(Insert Playability analysis here)
What playability? There was no game. The entire idea of the map is to explore the map. While this seems a little unfair, I gave you a one because of the lack of immersion. You could make it so that all those units have names and such, and given background of who they are, what their daily lives are like. I understand that this probably belongs in the story section so I will stop rambling. But there should be more of an objective rather then just a map.

Balance: 1
(Insert Balance analysis here)Well as I was exploring the map, my Caladria was chaosed by a Lampades. A few minutes later my other Caladria was chaosed. In addition I am sure many of the other units scattered throughout the map could have killed my caladrias no problem. Its obvious that you have to steer clear of these units, which destroys the value of the map in general.

Creativity: 3
(Insert Creativity analysis here) I gave you some points here. The background story is nice and I like the biblical inspiration. The objective, had it not been poorly executed, is very innovative as well. The landscapes are creative too. There is not really much more to say here so I will just leave it at that.

Map Design: 4
(Insert Map Design analysis here) This is what you were going for and I would like to think you succeeded to some extent. The eyecandy was very creative, definately better then any eyecandy I could produce. I especcially liked the Tree of Knowlegde/Life(I don't know which because he forgot to set a unit for the Change Name trigger) and the purple village to the right side of the map. But sometimes the areas seemed empty and like much more could have been done with them. I would actually say it is closer to a 3 but I feel I have already damaged your score enough.

Story/Instructions: 2
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here) While their was a background story I would like to think much more could have been done. For example in many of the villages there were people. But these people did not have names or anything. I wanted to know more about these people and who they are, and where did they come from, what do they do, what is there life like, etc. I feel that if you had answered atleast one of these questions I would have added so much to the game. Sadly you didn't and the game is just left with this.

Additional Comments: It seems pretty obvious that you don't have a knowledge of triggers, and if you do it is not apparent. Either you should learn triggers or join a design studio and do strictly eyecandy. Also the map feels somewhat rushed and the lack of creativity past the eyecandy is also obvious.

Also to anyone else open the scenario up in AoM Editor and turn victory conditions off, then playtest it as player one.
Old Bachus
File Author
The only purpose 2006's AoMH Community Eyecandy Map was to be looked at with no objectives or anything. Ever see it? It's just amazing. I gave many of the units names. The trigger was set active and run immmediatly. You must not have clicked on any units that were given changes.

Edit: I would have made a cinematic explaining everything, but I can't make cinematics to save my life. Eventualy I'll update it and add lots of stuff.

[Edited on 01/26/09 @ 11:02 PM]

DragonBlood11 I see four change name triggers in the entire scenario. And yes I am looking at it right now.
Old Bachus
File Author
Drat. Made a mistake somewhere that undid them. I apreciate the constructive critiscism, I learned a lot, but I'm afraid now people will see the low rating and think it's a piece of crap and not DL :(. Becuase this was my very first file and it's an eyecandy map I once I got the mapping done I pretty much submitted it without patching things up. Oh well, I won't be making those mistakes again.
StrategicJoeL Genesis is cool!
Revelation is cool!
The whole Bible is cool!
I don't have this game, so I cant comment on your work, sorry man.
Connor mcan Not really related to subject , but the Roman god of wine is Bacchus, not Bachus.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity3.0