New Files

Utility Programs » LB's Trigger Pack 01*

Download File Post Review Post Comment

LB's Trigger Pack 01*

Author File Description
Green_Turtle ******LB's Trigger Pack 01******
*by LB/LB_Defender/Green_Turtle*
*****Release Date 3-28-2009*****

This small pack of triggers contains some few but handy trigger effects including:
-QV Counter: Add Timer
-QV Percent Complete
-QV Percent Damaged
-QV Set X,Y,Z
-QV Teleport Units to QV X,Y,Z

As you can see thay are all related to Quest Variables.
To insert a QV into a chat or other place use this code: Some text="+trQuestVarGet("QV Name HERE")+". Some more text.
To insert a QV into a chat or other place with no decimals: Some text="+(1*trQuestVarGet("QV Name HERE"))+". Some more text.

Each effect has "(LB)" at the end so as to separate it from similar effects.

Here is a description of each one:

-"QV Counter: Add Timer"
The uses a QV for the start and end time parameters of the "Counter: Add Timer" so you can have random or pre-detirmined times on a counter.

-"QV Percent Complete"
Stores the percent complete an object is into a QV for using the QV in visual displays on screen.

-"QV Percent Damaged"
Stores the percent damaged an object is into a QV for using the QV in visual displays on screen.

-"QV Set X,Y,Z"
Pick an object and then 3 QVs to store it's X,Y,Z vector values into, this is very handy for getting the exact position and height of an object.

-"QV Teleport Units to QV X,Y,Z"
Pick an object/objects to teleport to the QVs X,Y,Z values, this can be used to make objects slide sideways, or event allow movement up and down in height!

-"QV Unit Heading"*
Pick an object and type in the name of the QV you want to use as the heading for the unit. This works for buildings so you can now make them rotate!

Note: Some techniques have been borrowed from other people's triggers but I made the triggers myself and as far as I know nobody else has posted any that do these things.

HOW TO INSTALL:
-Place the "z_LB-Pack.xml" file into your "Program Files\Age of Mythology\trigger2\" folder.
-Place this read-m file anywhere you want that you can look at for reference.
-Place the "Vector Testing.scx" example scenario file in your "My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Scenario\" folder.

Start up AOM and the triggers should be there, and for how to use th QV X,Y,Z vector effects see the "Vector Testing.scx" example scenario.

-Thanks for Downloading, LB.

*Updated since 3-30-2009. [Also fixed the weird text thing]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Nice pack. Some of the stuff has been done but still, some good triggers there.
Just so you know,
"+(1*trQuestVarGet("QV Name"))+"
Can also be typed like this:
"+1*trQuestVarGet("QV Name")+"
Green_Turtle
File Author
Yeah but when I tried that it didn't work right and so I used the parenthisis because I think it was muiltiplying the QV by "+1 instead of just 1, it would break my triggers.

And thanks, now I'm working on on-game yaw unit left and right, and also find distance and direction between two units to a QV, AND I just made a chat contains that works online with no OOS or same player teams.
invent00r I'm pretty sure "Teleport Units To QV Vector" already exists in the Trigger Loader.. And your trigger doesn't need all that messy context and QV wierd management. All tr functions operate at their own player context.

Finally, don't tag your triggers with (LB). If I did so I'd have over 100 triggers with my tag with it. Is there any point in doing that?
Green_Turtle
File Author
Two reasons, it makes them easier to find, and if somone made a trigger with the same name it would replace it if they didn't have different names, and alot of people don't know how to go into the xml file and change the name. And yes the teleport to QV vector does exist in your TL, but you have to use your activate trigger loader to use it, and you can use the QV XYZ thing with all the QV functions, it's just a bit easier.

[Edited on 04/12/09 @ 06:59 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:193
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:36.92 KB