Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Chat Contains No OOS Online Triggers!

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Chat Contains No OOS Online Triggers!

Author File Description
Green_Turtle These two triggers work like nottud's conditionla effects and invent00r's for player stuff, combined just right to allow the semi-use of chat contains online, with having to have all human players on the same team. This will OOS if you use things like change unit type, Set QV/Modify QV/ect, because this is for specific player. But you CAN use things like overlay text, send chat, message, set lighting, ect, anything that doesn't have to match/ anything that doesn't affect the gameplay from one player to another.

INSTALL:
Place the "z_Chat_Contains_No_OOS.xml" file in your "trigger2" folder in "Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\trigger2\" or wherever you installed AOM to.

USE:
Use the Chat Contains Detect effect, then insert the effects you want, then use Chat Contains Detect END, must be in a looping trigger or it will only try to detect it once!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Green_Turtle
File Author
Also, please comment so I can help you understand this and so I can improve on it.
xEXOLARx would it oos if you use it to fire event a trigger that canges a unit type?

trigger1 active low priotity
for player setup
chat contains start lb
fire event trigger2
chat contains end lb

trigger 2
change unit type

oh yeah why u add this in the trigger?

If you see this, I got this idea from invent00r's if player and nottud's conditional effects. @invent00r: if you are reading this then just so you know I know that you are much better than I will ever be.

[Edited on 05/26/09 @ 09:23 PM]

Green_Turtle
File Author
A) It would cause OOS, because it would fire that trigger for only that player and not the others. You [i]might[/i] be able to make the player in question send a chat to all the others and himself and that could work, but it'd not be a very nice effect.

B) Look in some of invent00r's other old trigger sets and you will see he uses a rule with a pretty funny name. :P

[Edited on 12/24/09 @ 10:49 PM]

DeviousDragon99 I dont think the condition chat contains causes OOS if its on low priority.
Green_Turtle
File Author
Actually no it causes OOS if not all human players see the message.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:144
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:941.00 Bytes
Added:04/06/09