Descent into the Underworld

Author File Description
perpetual_n00b
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
DESCENT INTO THE UNDERWORLD

Synopsis
King Eurytheus has tasked Heracles with 12 labours. For the 12th labour Heracles must descend into the Underworld and capture Cerberus, a creature against whom Heracles' weapons are useless.

Take control of the hero Heracles and journey to Eleusis to learn the secrets of the Eleusian Mysteries which will allow you to enter the Underworld safely.

Once in the Underworld seek out and capture Cerberus. Along the way you will encounter Charon the ferryman of the river Styx, the hero Theseus who has been imprisoned in the Underworld and the goddess Persephone wife of Hades and daughter of Demeter.

Requirements
This scenario requires Age of Mythology: The Titans expansion

Game Features
- 30+mins of RPG-style gameplay.
- Random aspects. Who stole the relic? What does the amulet do? Etc.
- Choose the order in which you complete some objectives.
- The opportunity to collect gold and buy potions and weapons amongst other things
- 400 x 400 map
- 4 difficulty levels

Development History
This scenario was originally intended to be part of a campaign based on the 12 Labours of Heracles (yes, I know, very original) and is centered around the 12th labour. This is my first completed scenario since I started playing around with scenario design a couple of months back although I do have a number of other scenarios near completion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Beauchamp Ill review when I get the chance, looks good. ;)

Edit:there seems to be a problem, everytime I get the relic from the blacksmith the game crashes.You might want to check that out.

[Edited on 07/04/09 @ 10:43 PM]

Pheonix_Fire 2nd Download :)
perpetual_n00b
File Author
Damn, I was hoping for a bug free release.

Beauchamp, at what point exactly is the game crashing? Is it when the Blacksmith gives up the relic and you pick it up? Or at some other point in the exchange? Have you spoken to any other character about the Relic at that time? When you pick up the relic it should do a camera track to the Shrine you have to take it to. Does this happen with the other relics?

I haven't experienced any crashing myself - I just quickly play tested again then after reading your comment (had to play twice, first time around the Blacksmith didn't have it, someone else did).

If anyone else is experiencing the same problem please let me know so that I can fix it.

I look forward to your review.

Valuax
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
The Playabillity is a five, because there was very long gameplay there was about thiry minutes of gameplay and the scenario was very well made and i really enjoyed playing it also the gameplay was there unique because there was quests and one of the quests is where you had to go to four temples in order to enter the underworld the temples were Air,Fire,Earth and Water and they all had there own Priests and unique feature about them. I really liked that. Also it is very unique because there was relics and you could pick them up and then you recieves something like gold or a item and that was a brilliant idea and there was also a feature where if you selected a villager or whatnot you could buy food,potions or ever a drink! So the Playabillity is a five!

Balance: 5
The Balance is also a five, because it was a very Balanced scenario such as there was all cinimatic and all quests there was a bit of both and i liked that idea also there was like just two snakes vs Hercles and then you just win the game there was quite alot of myth unit such as there was the Medusa The Cyclops and also the Hade Shades; The Hades Shades were not attackble and they were renamed lost souls and there was a quest to find five or six lost souls for Persophone. Also is was a very very balanced scenario because for the Cerberus part you didnt just place a Titan unit and just placed him there you created a unique sytem where if you stand near the Statues Of Hades there transform into Zeus Statues and do the God Power Bolt, And that made it very awesome and unique.

Creativity: 5
The Creativity is also a big five, because it was very creative you used one of the most populer greek myths and transformed it into a fantastic greek myth. Also the scenario was very very unique and creative because you created lots of new sytems for this particuler scenario and you put alot of effort into this and i think you tried very very hard and also you were very creative in the eyecandy and the map because you put so much detail in a small spot that it became a gigantic spot if you know what im saying, You put alot of detail and this scenario is very very intrecate.
So that why the Creativity is a five again.

Map Design: 5
The Map Deisgn is another five, because the eyecandy is so perfect and intrecate that it fits in perfectly in the scenario and also the eyecandy of the grass and the water and even the temples was brilliant such as you used Fountins around the temples and that idea was great. Your abillity for mixing terrians is very very good because you know how to mix grass with other grass and you blended the object "Grass" with the terrian Grass very well and that what makes the eyecandy so good.
I really liked the eyecandy of the mini city or town even because you mixed Greek Road with City Tile and that idea was pretty good i have a tip for you in making town and cities you should use grass and greek road because that makes it look very nice and better than City Tile.So that why the Map Design is a five!

Story/Instructions: 5
The Story and Instructions is another five, because the storyline was very accurate to the greek legend/myth Heracles although you didnt used all of the task he done. Also the storyline was very unique because of the temple feature that was a brillaint feature probaly no other scenario used this temple feature and that boosted the storyline up to a five. Also the storyline was very good because you get to enter two worlds such as Ancient Greece and The Underworld also known as Hades. The instruction was probaly the best instructions i have ever seen because you put alot of objectives not just one persific one and the hints was very very well wrriten (or typed) because i got stuck on a few task and all i had to do is look at the hints on the objective screen. Such as i got stuck on the Sarcred Earth one where you had to get six diggers i didnt know where the last two were so i looked at the hints and it said all the diggers names i knew where the Grave is so i just went there and then the Grave Diggers came and digged it up. So it is a five.

Additional Comments: This Scenario is worth downloading i hope we can design scenarios together one day and this scenario has alot of intrecate (detail) so if you are reading this download asap!

French Version:
Jouabilité: 5
Le Playabillity est un de cinq ans, car il était très long, il était sur le gameplay Thiry minutes de gameplay et le scénario est très bien fait et j'ai vraiment apprécié la lecture mais aussi le gameplay était unique parce qu'il y avait des quêtes et l'une des quêtes est l'endroit où vous a dû aller à quatre temples pour entrer dans le souterrain les temples ont été Air, le Feu, la Terre et de l'eau et ils ont tous leurs propres prêtres et des caractéristiques uniques à leur sujet. J'ai vraiment aimé ça. Aussi, il est très unique parce qu'il y avait des reliques, et on a pu aller les chercher et vous reçoit quelque chose comme de l'or ou un point et que c'était une idée géniale et il y avait aussi une fonction où, si vous avez sélectionné un villageois ou quoi encore, vous pouvez acheter de la nourriture, potions ou jamais boire un verre! Ainsi, le Playabillity est une période de cinq!

Bilan: 5
L'équilibre est aussi une période de cinq, car il est très équilibré tel scénario car il y avait tous et toutes les quêtes cinimatic il ya un peu des deux et j'ai aimé cette idée, il y avait aussi, comme deux serpents vs Hercles et puis que vous venez de gagner le match il y avait beaucoup de mythes tels que l'unité, il y avait le Medusa Le Cyclope et le Hade Shades, The Shades Hadès ne sont pas attackble et ils ont été rebaptisés âmes perdues et il y avait une quête pour trouver cinq ou six âmes perdues pour Persophone. Aussi, il a été très très équilibré parce que le scénario de la part de Cerberus didnt vous suffit de placer une unité de Titan et juste placé là que vous avez créé un système où si vous vous tenez près de l'Statues de l'Hadès, il se transforment en statues de Zeus et de faire de Dieu Power Bolt , Et que, il est très impressionnant et unique.

Créativité: 5
La créativité est aussi un grand de cinq ans, parce qu'il a été très créative que vous avez utilisé l'un des plus populaires mythes grecs et la transforme en une fantastique mythe grec. En outre, le scénario a été très créative et très unique parce que vous avez créé beaucoup de nouveaux systèmes particuler pour ce scénario et vous avez mis beaucoup d'efforts sur cette question et je pense que vous avez essayé très très difficile et vous avez été très créatifs dans la eyecandy et de la carte, car vous mettre autant de détails dans une petite place qui est devenu une gigantesque place si vous savez ce que dans le dire, Vous mettez beaucoup de détails et de ce scénario est très très intrecate.
Alors que la raison pour laquelle la créativité est une période de cinq fois.

Map Design: 5
La Carte Deisgn est un autre de cinq, parce que la eyecandy est si parfait et intrecate qu'il s'inscrit parfaitement dans le scénario et le eyecandy de l'herbe et l'eau et même des temples était brillant, tels que vous avez utilisé Fountins autour de l'idée que les temples et les was great. Votre abillity pour mélanger terrians est très très bien parce que vous savez comment le mélange d'herbe avec d'autres graminées et vous mélanger l'objet "Grass" avec le terrian Grass très bien et que ce qui fait la eyecandy très bon.
J'ai bien aimé les eyecandy de la mini-ville ou de ville, même parce que vous avez mélangé avec la ville grecque Road Tile et cette idée est très bonne j'ai un bon tuyau pour vous rendre dans la ville et les villes, vous devez utiliser l'herbe et la route grec, parce que il est très agréable et mieux que la ville Tile.So-ce pour cela que le plan de conception est une période de cinq!

Story / Instructions: 5
L'histoire et instructions est une autre de cinq, parce que le scénario était très précis à la légende grecque / mythe Heracles didnt utilisé même si vous êtes tous de la tâche, il fait. Aussi l'histoire est très unique parce que le temple de la fonction qui a été une caractéristique brillaint probablement pas d'autre scénario utilisé cette fonction et que le temple de l'histoire grâce à un cinq. En outre, le scénario est très bon parce que vous avez à entrer dans deux mondes, tels que la Grèce antique et le Underworld également connu sous le nom de l'Hadès. L'instruction a été probablement le meilleur des instructions que j'ai jamais vu parce que vous avez mis beaucoup d'objectifs non pas un seul persific et les indices a été très très bien wrriten (ou dactylographiés), parce que je me suis coincé sur un petit nombre de tâches et tous les a i à faire est de regarder Conseils à l'écran de l'objectif. Tels que je me suis collé sur la Terre Sarcred où vous avez dû recevoir six pelles i didnt savoir où les deux derniers ont été si je regardais les conseils et il a déclaré que tous les noms des mineurs i savait où la Grave est juste allé i et alors la Grave Diggers s'est creusé et le composent. Il s'agit donc d'un cinq.

Commentaires: Ce scénario est intéressant de télécharger, je l'espère, nous pourrons concevoir des scénarios ensemble un jour et ce scénario a beaucoup de intrecate (détail), donc si vous lisez ce download asap!

Spanish Version:
Jugabilidad: 5
El Playabillity es un cinco, porque no había mucho tiempo de juego se acerca Thiry minutos de juego y el escenario fue muy bien hecho y me gustaba también jugar el juego fue único porque allí hubo misiones y una de las misiones es el lugar donde se tenía que ir a cuatro templos a fin de entrar en el submundo de los templos eran de aire, fuego, tierra y agua y todos los sacerdotes tenían su propio y singular característica de ellos. En realidad, me gustó eso. También es muy singular porque había reliquias y puede recogerlos y entonces usted recibe algo como el oro o un tema y que fue una brillante idea y también hubo una característica que si ha seleccionado un aldeano o cosas que usted puede comprar alimentos, pociones o nunca, una bebida! Por lo tanto, el Playabillity es un cinco!

Saldo: 5
El equilibrio es también un cinco, porque era un escenario muy equilibrado, como se cinimatic todos y todas las misiones hubo un poco de ambas cosas y me gustaba esa idea, como también hubo sólo dos serpientes vs Hercles y, a continuación, que acaba de ganar el juego hubo mucho de mito de la unidad como se la Medusa El cíclope y la Hade Tonos, Tonos El Hades no attackble y se rebautizó almas perdidas y hay una búsqueda para encontrar a cinco o seis almas perdidas para Persophone. También es un escenario muy, muy equilibrado, ya que por parte de Cerberus didnt sólo una unidad de Titan y sólo lo puso allí que ha creado un único sistema se que si están cerca de las estatuas de Hades allí se transforman en estatuas de Zeus y que el Dios de alimentación de pernos , Y que ha hecho muy asombroso y único.

Creatividad: 5
La creatividad es también un gran cinco, porque era muy creativo que ha utilizado uno de los mitos más populer griego y lo transformó en un mito griego fantástico. También el escenario es muy singular y muy creativa, porque ha creado muchos nuevos Sytems particuler para este escenario y que puso mucho esfuerzo en esto y creo que ha intentado muy duro y que también fueron muy creativas en el eyecandy y el mapa, ya que puesto tanto detalle en un pequeño terreno que se convirtió en un gigantesco terreno si saben a lo que im diciendo: Usted pone una gran cantidad de detalle y este escenario es muy, muy intrecate.
Así que por qué la creatividad es un cinco de nuevo.

Mapa del diseño: 5
El Mapa es Deisgn otros cinco, porque el eyecandy es tan perfecto y intrecate que encaja perfectamente en el escenario y también el eyecandy de la hierba y el agua e incluso los templos era brillante como el que utilizó Fountins alrededor de los templos y la idea fue genial. Su abillity para mezclar terrians es muy muy bueno porque sabe cómo mezclar con otras hierbas de césped y mezclado el objeto "Pasto", con la hierba terrian muy bien y que lo que hace que el eyecandy tan bueno.
Realmente me gustó el eyecandy de la mini ciudad o pueblo, ya que incluso mezclado con el griego Carretera Ciudad Azulejos y esa idea era muy buena tengo un consejo para usted en la toma de la ciudad y las ciudades se debe usar el césped y griego, porque la carretera que lo hace muy bueno y mejor que la Ciudad de Tile.So que por qué el diseño es un mapa de cinco!

Historia / Instrucciones: 5
Instrucciones de la historia y es otra de cinco, porque la historia es muy fiel a la leyenda Griego / mito de Heracles aunque didnt utilizarse todos los de la tarea que hacer. También la historia es muy singular debido a la característica de que el templo fue una característica brillaint probablemente ningún otro escenario de uso de esta característica templo y que impulsó la historia hasta un cinco. La historia también fue muy bueno, porque puedes entrar en dos mundos, como la antigua Grecia y el también conocido como Underworld Hades. La instrucción fue probablemente el más instrucciones que he visto nunca, ya que poner un montón de objetivos no sólo un persific uno y los consejos era muy muy bien wrriten (o escrito), ya que tengo pegada en un número reducido de tareas y todo lo que tenía que hacer es mirar en los consejos sobre el objetivo pantalla. Como la tengo pegada en la Tierra una Sarcred donde tenía que conseguir seis mineros i didnt saber dónde fueron los dos últimos así que busqué en los consejos y dijo que todos los nombres de los mineros que sabía que la tumba es tan i justo y fue allí entonces la tumba excavada y excavadoras llegaron ella. Por lo tanto, es un cinco.

Comentarios adicionales: Este escenario es un valor de descarga Espero que podamos diseñar escenarios juntos un día y esta situación tiene mucho de intrecate (detalle), así que si usted está leyendo esta descarga lo antes posible!

[Edited on 07/05/09 @ 06:56 AM]

Valuax And there isnt any bugs...
perpetual_n00b
File Author
Wow, thanks for the review Valuax. I was hoping to get above 4, but 5/5 is amazing.

I appreciate all the effort you put into the review and all the comments you made.

I'm glad you liked the scenario. I'll have to finish off the scenarios I had started for the other Labours of Heracles.
chimeracranim looks good, i cant believe there are only 10 downloads so far if it has a 5* rating!
i was going to try a "Heracles' Labours" style campaign but then it took too long and I stopped playing, so I will definately check this out.
Valuax Uhm can you please design scenario's with me anway one can help i got a idea of a young boy and he lives in a small village and his name is Valuax (I like the name:)

Btw when you enter the underworld and your fighting cerberus you should play scary music :)

[Edited on 07/05/09 @ 09:47 AM]

Bartholomeus I don't know whats happening.
When I tried to move the oldman's berry basket, my computer stopped working. any idea?

I tried this three times, and my computer has to restart three times too.
Valuax Maybe if you didnt rush it might not have lag and it didnt for me so.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.3
Balance4.4