Handicapped: No
Shared Resources: No
Shared Population: No
Cheats Allowed: No
AoM Version: AoM
Total Game Time: 25 min
Player 1's Name: HailToTheOboe
Player 2's Name: Titan AI
Someone was asking on the forums if it was possible to beat a Titan AI. Yes it is, and it's not particularly difficult compared to good online opponents.

There's really nothing special about this game.
I wouldn't say that I played brilliantly either.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Aflay Titan AI may be unfair, but the way that the computer play's isn't very smart. online, norse players will build front bases and literaly haunt your base with watchtowers, they will build 2 seperate army's, they will NOT attack more than 1 section of the map, and they definantly aren't very good at keeping up with a good player's income no matter how fast the computer can go. inevitably, if you are a really good player, or if your Oboe, you will find a way to kill the computer. beating a 1650+, there is a challange!
HailToTheOboe
File Author
As I said, beating a Titan is nothing special, I was just posting this game response to a post in the forum where someone asked about it.

As for beating a 1650... go on ESO and look up my rate, Aflay.
invent00r Telling Oboe beating a 1650 is a challenge is like telling a monkey eating a banana is a challenge! :o.
chimeracranim i cant play online :( and i think its to do with the gold version (aom+aomtt)
it says after i create an account that the servers are down, try again later or something like that. is it possible for me to play online at all?
Aflay well telling me that 1650 is hardly a challange to oboe tells me that maybe, just maybe, it destroys the purpose to pit him vs a titan computer. idk, if you were going to show the guy on the forumns, good job I guess, but it doesn't impress me. not at the level you are at.
Gods_Assassin The AI titan on Aggressive rusher has a bug, it builds an army and attacks and after that, it does really poor for a titan, try playing AI titan on Balanced then post the replay.

Titan AI has 100% economy handicap so it usually ages to classical in 3 minutes, then attacks you around 5 minutes into the game, then at 6 minutes ages to heroic and builds a tc, it's impossible to age this fast so buy the time u have a large enough army to defend against the titan, it will already have 3 or more tc within 10 minutes of the game.

I have beaten 2 titan players on Aggressive rusher, but I have never beaten 1 titan on balanced!

HailToTheOboe
File Author
I have only seen that bug for Norse AIs, and yes it makes them very easy. I have beaten 2 Norse Titans simply because of the fact that one of them shut down and even when I kept trying to wake it up it would turn off again and again.

I have not seen it happen with greeks or eggys.
I can post a replay of me vs a balanced greek if you want.
Aflay He he, I used to think that 1650+ was hardcore. Titans that I recommend for vs are: Loki, Posiedon, and Isis. Loki A.I's are tough, Isis A.I's are probobly the toughest at Mythic, and Poseidon A.I's almost never break.

The rest of the titans are ok, but can break at times. The only thing I know for sure about the other titans is that the Ra Titan will spam petsuchos. 5 at a time usually.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:332
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:100.76 KB
Added:07/09/09