Download File Post Review Post Comment

Brave Sword, The lost power 1.2

Author File Description
Jondoom
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
Paradox Design Studios present...

Brave Sword, The lost power (version 1.2)
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

He was now awake, after three thousand years of slumber, yet he was still imprisoned in that dark and lonely place. He would not waste his time now, though, as he convinced Mondred, a mortal, communicating through his dreams, that he had to release him from his cold prison. He could just imagine the taste of the "Apeiron", that powerful but yet unknown force he chased during all his mortal lifetime.

But this events were unknown to Vale, who peacefuly lived in the tranquil village of Vault. he just reached the swordsman age, 18 years, a day he always waited for. He now must follow the warrior way, find his place in the world, and face many dangers. Still, he was ignorant of what his destiny was about to become. He appeared in an apocalyptic profecy, showing a mysterious connection to an evil nobody knew about, but that is now about to take over, and destroy, everything he knew, and anything else...

Introduction
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

First of all, I would like to thank the people who volunteered to playtest this scenario, they are: kai Hirogashi, AJER, DragonBlood11, Fool Barbarian, Valuax, and King Jared.

This is the first scenario I release, but it isn't a small feat. Two months of hard work were spent of the making of this scenario, with the support of the community, although with the interest of few, which is logical, since it's the frist scenario of a new member of the community. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game as much as I enjoyed making it. :)

You can check the original showcase for screenshots and more, here:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=27971&f=13,0,0,10

And you can leave a comment if you like. ;)

Concept
-*-*-*-*-*-*-

This is a big scale single player RPG, but it could also fall into the Action/Adventure genre, as almost all the gameplay is centered in action, with all the fighting and other mechanics, while still keeping the RPG elements, with all the different upgrading systems.

As it is a game centered on action, the gameplay is very fluid, keeping the lags at the minimum with simple yet powerful eyecandy. The instructions are always kept clear, and I tried to cover almost every feature in the instructions, so you don't have to check anything outside the game, like a document.

Lots and varied features have been included, to keep the hook of the adventure and avoid being repetitive. The storyline is also interesting, and told through many quality cinematics, to extend the experience and make the BS world feel alive.

Features
-*-*-*-*-*-*-

- Innovative RPG gameplay always keeps you in the action, yet easy to handle.
- Use of Hotkeys, which you can manually set.
- Very clear instructions explaining everything.
- Really lots of quests, from gathering the 30 lost relics, to forging new swords, to helping an old man get to his house.
- Many weapons, ranging from bombs to magic.
- Many ways to move around, horse, boat, etc.
- An accurate balance system to keep the game challenging.
- Varied battle mechanics, from fighting many types of foes to an arena or invading a rebel base.
- Spectacular boss fights with unique mechanics.
- Many dungeons crammed with intricate puzzles.
- Realistic day/dusk/night/dawn cycle, with effects and sounds, and a day count.
- Many ways to upgrade yourself, from your sword skill to your religious level.
- Many ways to expand your arsenal, from buying bigger bomb bags to bigger food bags.
- You can trade and make business of all sorts.
- Innovative food mechanic that keeps the action always.
- Enthrilling storyline.
- Quality cinematics.
- Triggers reach the 550 count!

UPDATE: - Now a hard version has been released! If you thought the normal version was too easy, you can try this harder one by downloading the updated 1.2 file.

Here are some differences in the hard version:

- It is more difficult to level up.
- You are less powerfull.
- You'll gain less life when leveling up.
- The fire and the bombs deal less damage to monsters.
- Food and bomb expansions are now smaller, they grant you less space.
- Bonus: Some known bugs in the normal version have been fixed in this version,
so that will be a plus when trying the hard version.

Final words
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

This is the result of two months of hard work. It is my first scenario, and I really enjoyed making it, and I hope you enjoy it as much.

NOTE: Read the "Brave Sword readme" in the BS folder before you begin playing to know how to prevent some known bugs and enjoy more your adventure.

Version history:
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
NOTE: If you experience any of the bugs listed here, download again to get the bugless version. If you find a new bug, please contact me.

1.2: Pig quest bug have been fixed, a bug in the second race have been fixed, and a big glith that halts your game completely after you defeat the third boss has been also fixed.

1.2 UPDATE: A hard mode has been included in the 1.2 version, for the ones who thought the normal version it was too easy and want more challenges. See above for more details.

1.2 UPDATE: A cheat feature has been added! You have to finish the game in any difficulty first on order to get the password to unlock the cheat list.

1.2 UPDATE: A new bug was spotted, one that happens 1 in every 5 times you play the scenario... one that destroys the hotkeys. It has been fixed, but if it happens to you, just restart your game, and bug fixed.

- Jondoom
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
paulgreece first download!!!!!
CharlieDog Edit: Don't worry I figured it out.

It's fun so far.

[Edited on 07/21/09 @ 06:13 AM]

Lewonas I've found one major bug. After I had won a race versus a horseman, I obtained the ability to mount and dismount. Instructions said that you have to press "3" to mount and press "3" again to dismount. All of this worked after winning the first race, but after winning the second race (the race through a huge forest to the beach) I was not able to dismount anymore, thus making it impossible for me to play further.

Side note: The quest where you had to bring back the pigs was very annoying. The pigs stubbornly refused to follow me. I had to spam click on the right mouse button to move the pig step by step. It took me 30 minutes (I'm not kidding) to bring all of the pigs back to the farmer.

[Edited on 07/21/09 @ 09:03 AM]

Jondoom
File Author
Ok, thanks for pointing that out. Please don't review until I update and fix those bugs! lol
Bartholomeus "Side note: The quest where you had to bring back the pigs was very annoying. The pigs stubbornly refused to follow me. I had to spam click on the right mouse button to move the pig step by step. It took me 30 minutes (I'm not kidding) to bring all of the pigs back to the farmer." ~quoted from Lewonas

Me too... It's very annoying. :(

"Many dungeons crammed with intricate puzzles." quoted from Jondoom

I found only 3 dungeons on the map. (If I'm not mistaken)
Jondoom
File Author
Well, 3 dungeons are many dungeons, aren't they? LOL

EDIT: I have fixed the pigs and the race bugs... You can download it again to finish the game, becuase the race glitch was so important that it could halt your game completely. Thanks for pointing those bugs out. :)

[Edited on 07/21/09 @ 11:03 AM]

perpetual_n00b Just tried playing and couldn't get past the pigs because they kept changing teams which stopped them moving.

If you change them from Pigs to Pig Special they won't have this problem.
Jondoom
File Author
Don't worry, the bug has been fixed by not changing the teams of the pigs. Any other bug, please tell me as sooner as you can. ;)
perpetual_n00b I just added in a trigger to the version I downloaded to change the pigs to Pig Special, seems to work fine that way. Plus it allows me to move the pigs if they block me in.

Also, 2nd time I played I heard trumpet sounds during the intro cinematic like I was under attack somewhere on the map and when I went to do the hot keys for the buildings a couple of the buildings were gone. I suspect the Hydra near there attacked them. I changed the black tile immediately surrounding the grass the buildings are on to black rock tile to create a barrier. This seems to have worked.
Jondoom
File Author
Thanks for the pig idea, I'll implement it in the next version.

As for the hydra bug, I tested the first and second version, and nothing happens. What I did was convert the hydra to player 4, which is neutral to you, maybe when you tweaked the triggers you prevented the Hydra from converting, so as player 7, which is your enemy, it attacked your buildings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5
Balance2.5