Single Player Scenarios » Tournament screenshot scenarios

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Tournament screenshot scenarios

Author File Description
HailToTheOboe
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM
These are the four scenarios where I took my screenshots for theFirst AoMH Screenshot Tournament
which was won by SwordOfValor, with myself in second place.

I'm posting the scenarios for those who are curious to see how I made the shots - Night on Bald Mountain is where I really went outside the box (undermap and shaping the terrain), the other three are relatively straightforward.

You can open them in the editor, look at the composition and the triggers, and if you playtest, the game should pause in exactly the position it was when I took the screenshot (plus or minus a few random variations).

Unfortunately, you'll get paused in a full cinematic mode so you can't get out, but that's just how I roll. I've triggered a hotkey internally, so you can get back to the main menu.
Press Alt+D in the cinematic and you'll end up back at the main menu, but be warned, the next game you start you may still be in cinematic mode, so I would advise you to restart your Age of Mythology before going on ESO for a few games.

Jarl's Legacy and Night on Bald Mountain used the trigger loader, so there are 2 versions of each, one for vanilla AoM and one for Titans. Play the right one. The other two work just fine for Vanilla or TT.

The scenario files go to your scenario folder.

The screenshots are as follows:

Theme Fire
Firebreather

Theme Monument
A Jarl's Legacy

Theme Mountains
At the foot of the mountains

Theme Evil
Night on Bald Mountain

All my screenshots are done in the same way with triggers, so I've got saved scenarios for them all. If there's any other screenshot of mine you want to see the source scenario for, just ask.

I hope that if anyone was curious or interested about what went into these screenshots, your questions are answered.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Nice, I'll be taking a look at these.
rjs23 Wow beautiful shots,

May I have permission to use those screenshot for next generation of XS-Gen program (XS-G4)?

I would like to use them as wallpaper in XS-G4 if you dont mind. I'll give credit/link wallpapers to this page.

[Edited on 08/06/09 @ 12:44 PM]

HailToTheOboe
File Author
Be my guest, I don't mind at all.
Yeebaagooon
Staff
The amount of skill that went into Night on Bald Mountain is just incredible.
HailToTheOboe
File Author
Thanks. It's not at all easy making something look easy :p

Did you plan to try a similar trick for your hunter shot?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:453
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:3.77 MB
Added:08/05/09