New Files

Modpacks » Automaton Metals Textures

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Automaton Metals Textures

Author File Description
WinstonShnozwick
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
This modding is just a simple anim and 4 texture files. It will change the automaton myth unit in game to make it look different and cooler. The different textures will apply to the automaton ingame when you research different technologies.

MAJOR UPDATE ON 9-2-09 REDOWNLOAD

To read the complete information about this project and see pictures, go HERE. Or, type this in your address bar and go to this link.
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,28154,,10
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Guard of Olympus
Rating
Rating: 3
This mod was ok. First of all I need to say that it's nice the way you implemented the different textures after age, it fits. The silver automaton was really well-made and actually looked better then the normal automaton, but the bronze one didn't look good at all. It was to red, you should try mixing some more colors on that one. And the iron one looked a little weird, it didn't really look like iron. However, the gold one was nice and looked rather good, though it wasn't better then the normal automaton texture, sorry.

Additional Comments:If you had just included the silver one, this modpack would have been truely excellent. sorry for sounding a little harsh.
WinstonShnozwick
File Author
hey guard, ;thanks for the review, it was my first texture, so I know it can't be too high. But you got it mixed up. The red one is copper. And the one after red before gold is bronze.

Also, I didn't incluse an automaton spc anim file so the spc one is normal still. I think ill put that in.
Guard of Olympus Oh, sorry. I tested it during deathmatch, so I may have been a little confused, well I'm thinking of updating my review.
Skeduk i loled at the requirements
Nick3069
Rating
lol You decided to make your own Automaton mod instead of waiting for me to release mine? Good for you!

Rating: 3
The silver and gold ones are okay, but the rest are horrible.
You didn't put any player color.
Making them change texture with the infantry is different and original.
Like you said, you forgot the automaton spc and automaton statue, making your mod inconsistent.

Additional Comments:
Not bad for a first mod.
WinstonShnozwick
File Author
Hey nick! havent heard from u in a while. Nice to see you around. Thanks for the comment. It was my first, and I accually rather like it ingame. I played a random map skirmish in AOM and used it , and it looked so cool to me. Thanks for pointing out the automaton statue, i forgot that one. But Horrible for the two? Accually, the copper one is my second favorite , after the gold. I mean, if you lreally play with them ingame and see that, its so cool looking. And the bronze one was kind of hard, i wanted a brownish, but it turned out different. But i accually decided to keep it , because it kind of acually does look bronze to me. Oh and if you can, a lampedas texture would be greatly loved by me. That normal one looks so dang boring.
Baskerville_1327 I´m confused

The mod I think is very good, but your the txt in the file DON´T EXPLAIN THE RIGHT MODE to make it playable.

What have I to change? the "x" in the ddt files? the anim file? what...?

Answer me please :P
WinstonShnozwick
File Author
You dont need to change anything. Just put the texture files in the texture folder. And put the animation files in the animation folder.

Hope you enjoy it. I know I do. In the game, the first one is there normally. To make the other textures go on, research the "mail" techs at the armory. It goes from silver, to copper, to bronze, to gold.

[Edited on 01/17/10 @ 03:58 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:832
Favorites: [Who?]3