New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Forest of Traitors Full Version

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Forest of Traitors Full Version

Author File Description
Skeduk
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
I finally present to you:Forest of Traitors!

I released a preview for it a few months ago, and here it is!

STORY(this can also be found in the spotlight)

Pronatos was a young prince in Syracuse. There, in the Dark Forest, dwelt a monster, they called it the Chimæra. One day, it rallied its minions, and marched off to the palace. There, it burst through the gate and killed the king and queen, leaving poor Pronatos as an orphan. He grew up exceptionally skilled as a marksman. But one day, the Chimæra woke from its long slumber and lured him into its domain. And there it waited.

Comments/Reviews are welcome
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Guard of Osiris
Rating
Breakdown
Playability1.0
Balance1.0
Creativity1.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions1.0
Playability: 1
This scenario was extremely boring. Since it's 2000x50, it is an extremely long distance to walk, especially since the scenario is unloseable. Sometimes, there are way too many trees for one to see where you're going. Also, you have no proper instructions about the transport ship. This scenario, was, no offence, the worst I've ever played.

Balance: 1
Well, it's unlosable. That practically says it all. At one point, there is a watch tower, but it doesn't have boiling oil researched, so yoou can just walk towards it with your army and the tower won't hurt your unranged units. The army you have is extremely OP, and it just gets worse by the fact that you can get all kinds of OP GPs by clicking at random people in the village.

Creativity: 1
Well, the story had the tiniest bit of creativity, but it's still a one because there is absolutely no eyecandy, and a map where you walk for 20 mins and fighting enemies that are so bad that you don't get hurt, thanks to that healing power. Also, the village GPs are way too OP, so an absolute lack of creativity here.

Map Design: 1
2000x50. It just kills you walking 2000 cells in an unlosable scenario. The non-existing eyecandy makes it even worse. There are three terrainson the whole map. The road (Greek Road burnt), the forest(Forestfloor oak), and the village(Grass A). This map really hurt my eyes.

Story/Instructions: 1
Well there is some tiny bits of hope in the story, but the extremely unclear instructions makes this scenario have no hope in this field either. The fact that there is a random village in a forest of traitors makes this map even worse. It is kind of weird that there is a Norse village in the middle of a greek forest.

Additional Comments: Sorry if I was too negative, but this scenario was unlosable, which made it waste 20 minutes of my time. I have no idea how you thought of the map dimensions but they are completely outrageous. My tips are: Make the scenario have better map dimensions, terrain mixing, eyecandy, make the army you control weaker, make the army they control stronger. Sorry for saying this too much, but this was the worst scenario I've played. Ever.

[Edited on 09/13/09 @ 05:20 AM]

CharlieDog That was a little harsh Guard, but if it's that bad I suggest you play this:
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8718
No offense to this person.

Just for reference
OP = Overpowered
GP = God Power
if you didn't know that
Guard of Olympus Yeah! You did a reference to a Curse of Egypt scenario (I prefer calling hackaguild so).

And I reviewed that scenario! Actually, I think it was my second or third review!
Hammerhands Holy COW, man! It wasn't THAT bad! I've played a good number of scenarios, by far, this was not the worst! Holy COW!

I'll need to re play it to rate to properly. I don't know when I'll get to it. But I'll agree on the terrain thing.

How was it un-lose-able? I nearly lost every on e of my guys because they wouldn't stop destroying the statues, leaving the lightning statues to erase all of my automatons, and most of my human units. I can't remember how I managed to kill the Chimera, with not but a handful of dudes, and all those myths there.

while it was a bit on the easy side for most of the map, it wasn't terribly easy.
Skeduk
File Author
i did that statue part on purpose to lose you some more guys :D
aekillju *first scenario

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating