Download File Post Review Post Comment

Heroines 3: Winter Solstice

Author File Description
Arch and Shrink
File Details
Screenshot:
# of Players: 1-5
Version: AoM: The Titans
The final part in the top-rated Heroines series provides extremely rich gameplay in a beautiful, dynamic environment.

The gameplay would be best described as a mixture of tactical warfare, role playing and a boss battle, but there is much more. Custom spells, terrain effects, towns, recruits, morale, a shop...

There are a lot more features, but do not let that scare you - the learning curve is very smooth. Just play it and have fun!

Please post a review!

Players
This is a true omniplayer scenario. Play this scenario on your own, or with up to five humans. Especially player five is brilliantly controlled by an artificial intelligence.

You can play this without teams, or in teams of two or four (player 5 alone).

Showcase
View the detailed showcase here (AOMH) or here (raw).
View the release thread here (AOMH).

More scenarios by the authors
Heroines (very cool)
Heroines 2: The Survival (nice variation)
Risk (extremely good!)
Treasure Hunt (fun)
Vimpmeat (classic)
Uprising (singleplayer, epic!)
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Shrink Thank you so much for the review swift sword. On a personal note, I particularly appreciate your mention of minor things such as the music in the beginning, which took a surprisingly long time to choose but is pretty insignificant in the scenario as a whole.

You're right that the objectives don't cover everything in the scenario which is specifically why we have the random hints in Messages every couple of minutes - as there are quite a lot of things to mention.

Thanks again
Swift sword Ah well, if you'd covered everything people might've died while reading the objectives :D

I've been trying to put as much detail into my reviews as possible. And, if I put a short review no one would credit the accuracy and might pass this over. Thus, my 6 line-per category reviews :P I hope you guys get a few more reviews though, I usually download random files that have a few reviews rather than one.

Definitely deserving of being the top-rated multiplayer scenario here, hope it happens. I've loved all of your scenarios, hope you keep making them.
mpghappinesss
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4.5 (ROUND UP)
Well, to start out with, superb job! The game was 100% enjoyable from start to finish. The terrain effects were a great addition, as well as the rampaging Titan (I forget its "formal name"). The gameplay is quite strategic for having 3 or 4 units. The two ways to win are simple, yet somewhat hard to achieve. I really enjoyed the few single-player type of themes. The numerous features, such as relic upgrades, and hero's from towns, really added to the strategic gameplay.

Unfortunately, there was a problem: lag. It wasn't bad, but it was continuous. I don't know if its just my computer, but I DID have lag when I played single-player... Oh well, playability doesn't deserve a 4, so have a 5.

Balance: 5
There was absolutely nothing to make the map uneven. The only possible thing I could think of is starting positions, which I find no REAL difference in. The unit system was very easy to grasp, most likely because its closely related to the normal AoTT unit system. The 3 villages where spread out nicely, each with there own weaknesses and strengths (choke points, etc). No problems here.

Creativity: 5
Well, what can I say? Sure somethings here and there were a bit ordinary, but you added original features to these things. Some might say "This map is to similar to the other two Heroines", but its a trilogy, so who cares... I don't have anything else to say for this.

Map Design: 5
B-E-A-UTIFUL! I never thought it was possible to make a good looking swamp in a snowy map.

The map was superbly designed. Each city had numerous ways for access. There were many strategic points to take advantage of. The eyecandy was brilliant on pretty much every part of the map. There isn't to much to say for this section, very self explanatory, I'll leave it here.

Story/Instructions: 5
Story? Bah, who cares. It was good enough for a multiplayer map.

The cinematic at the start was great, very easy for any newbie to learn. It wasn't very long or annoying either, which I find rare in most scenarios. The basics were well explained, and the camera shots helped explain and weren't in bad spots either. Although not everything was covered, that's actually a nice addition if you ask me. The random messages got anything that you missed, if it really matters.

Additional Comments:
UBER DUPER AMAZING LOL! Yah nothing to say here really. Keep up the good work.

[Edited on 12/01/09 @ 09:06 PM]

Shrink Thanks very much for the review, mpghappinesss!
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
I am so happy you guys made it a trilogy :) I remember play-testing the BETA version of 2... And I remember drooling over Heroines 1 the first time I played it way back when :p. I must admit you two really did push for (and pioneer) such greatness in your scenarios. I cannot wait to play this one :)

"UBER DUPER AMAZING" I am so using that in my next review :p ~ Steak
Archaeopterix Please do :)
batugun Playability: 1
(NOT RUNÝNGGGG !!)

Balance: 1
(NOT RUNÝNGGGG !!)

Creativity: 1
(NOT RUNÝNGGGG !!)

Map Design: 1
(NOT RUNÝNGGGG !!
Story/Instructions: 1
(NOT RUNÝNGGGG !!)

Additional Comments:
NOT RUNÝNGGGG !!NOT RUNÝNGGGG !!NOT RUNÝNGGGG !!

NO DOWNLOAD NOT RUNNÝNG

[Edited on 12/24/11 @ 11:37 AM]

Pages: « First « 1 2 [3]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown