Author File Description
perpetual_n00b
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
THE WIZARD'S PATH

Single-player RPG scenario

The Story
Thousands of years ago an immortal wizard left this world through a magic portal. Before leaving the wizard promised that anyone who followed his path through the portal, collecting magical ingredients along the way, would be shown the secrets of immortality.

Many adventurers have sought to follow the Wizard's path to it's end, none returned successful.

You and your group of adventurers have just arrived in Haven, a town of merchants catering to adventurers built near the Wizard's portal.

Will you succeed where others have failed?

Features
- Shops where you can buy food, weapons, armour and potions
- A temple whose priest will resurrect your fallen comrades for a price
- A food/health/hunger system
- Visit 9 distinct worlds via magic portals
- Collect gold from fallen enemies
- Find treasure and magic items
- A multi-part main quest and a number of side quests
- Gain experience and level up
- Six different characters (Fighter, Archer, Priest, Sorceress, Barbarian, Paladin)
- Special powers that come at a cost
- Switch between characters
- Hotkeys
- The camera follows the action (Option to turn off)
- A large 400 x 400 map to explore
- Dynamic lighting and sound effects
- 4 difficulty levels (Easy, Moderate, Hard, Titan)

Character Bios
Drago the Fighter
Drago is a dual sword wielding fighter, good against most enemies.
Base Unit: Fanatic Hero
Power at Level 1: Quick Step
Power at Level 5: Mighty Blow

Ariel the Archer
Ariel is a skilled archer who can take down opponents at range with deadly accuracy.
Base Unit: Hippolyta
Power at Level 1: Power Shot
Power at Level 5: Flurry of Arrows

Amon the Priest
Amon is a priest from distant lands, seeking to spread his faith across the world. Amon can heal his friends.
Base Unit: Pharaoh
Power at Level 1: Sacrificial Healing
Power at Level 5: Avatar

Mialee the Sorceress
Physically weak, Mialee compensates with a gift for magic. Mialee hurls magic missiles at her enemies, the more powerful she becomes the more missiles she hurls.
Base Unit: Lampades
Power at Level 1: Miasma
Power at Level 5: Devastation

Grugnor the Barbarian
Grugnor is a hammer wielding barbarian from the North with a strong attack and high health but low armour. Grugnor has a strange fondness for chickens.
Base Unit: Hersir
Power at Level 1: Chicken Bombs
Power at Level 5: Ancestral Possession

Andro the Paladin
Andro is holy warrior whose touch heals allies and harms foes. Andro's holy touch increases in power as he levels up.
Base Unit: Jason
Power at Level 1: Holy Touch
Power at Level 5: Smite
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
sneaky_squirrel
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
I would have given the playability for this map a 5 thanks to 6 party members to control, each with 2 decently unique powers, exploring worlds constantly, necessary tactical retreats, scouting with Draco (Read in Commentaries ;p), small side quests etc (I could go on and on), but I had a bit of a problem at the start in which food was hard to get by.
I managed to survive thanks to visiting the swamp world, but there should be an easier way for the guys that barely started out to get food, unless of course there is and I haven't found it.

Balance: 4
The map was challenging since I couldn't beat the first world and was forced to retreat several times (At first frustrating, but I understood later on), it was especially hard due to the food issue I had, but once I got my food income I managed to dry the world's dry one by one.

Creativity: 5
Wizard?, Several Worlds?, Party?, Commands?, need I say more?, this definitely makes up for the typical warrior, priest, ranger, wizard, paladin and berserker party cliche, I also liked the chat from the commands changed whenever a different hero led the party.

Nice job in the ending there too, didn't see it coming.

Map Design: 4
Map design...nicely done, I liked how the graveyard looked so formal and the swamp looked so...uneven.
The thing you got wrong was the eyecandy was a little light, but still pretty good, otherwise a 3 would have been in order.

Story/Instructions: 5
Spotlight gave me command instructions, the story was fun and interesting, the town was a good income of information.
Loved how the town just kept moving.
Stories and instructions for side quests were very well done, as well as fun.

Additional Comments:
[SPOILER] DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS

I thought I had to get the beard, I ended up killing him...

bug alert...at the final act, I was kinda there alone, and my party was back in town (Luckily I had Draco, so what I did was use his first power to run away to a safe healing place, heal him with priest, and heal priest with paladin which got re insta healed by priest), I did this for like 5 minutes until I just decided to cheat and bolt.

Items are easy to get as Draco, I just use first power to either scout a map, attract enemies, and swipe items or get to the portals quickly.

I loved the avatar, in this game I managed to get familiar with priest, paladin and especially Draco which owns.

[SPOILER] didn't have much "environment", I only felt scared and tense cause my guy was ALONE and my entire party was back home.

Ending cinematic OWNED!!!

AND THAT IS MY REVIEW, hope you liked it, since I don't review too often.
CharlieDog Edit: Sorry didn't see the message.

[Edited on 10/16/09 @ 04:36 AM]

perpetual_n00b
File Author
Thanks for the review Sneaky, much appreciated.

Yeah, my eyecandy tends to be decent but nothing spectacular. I've been entering a few screenshot competitions to try to improve.

I'm glad you liked the powers, I tried to make them useful.

I'm quite proud of the ending, I wanted to do something a bit special after the ending for my first scenario fell a bit flat.

As for food and other issues raised . . .

* * * SPOILERS BELOW * * *

[SPOILER]
In town there are 3 Berry Bushes and two huntable animals - one Berry Bush regrows whenever you visit town and one animal respawns.
There are 3 shops at which you can buy food, if you run out of gold you can always sell your experience at the Cultist's Altar, it just makes it harder to level up.

I thought I'd fixed the bug with people being left behind at the end :( It should work, it's the same set up as the other portals, plus I added in an Army Teleport trigger for each character that fires a few seconds after the vortex if they aren't where they are supposed to be. If it happens again, use the Stone of Recall, it gets redirected when you enter the last world.

The Frost Giant King is very proud of his beard, he won't give it up for anyone :) If you click on him, you might get a hint of his annoyance at adventurers.

If you play as Ariel the Archer, try combining her powers, it does massive damage.
[/SPOILER]
sneaky_squirrel Oh I indeed did click on him my friend ;p.

Hilarious comments kept me on role playing.

Yeah I considered using the stone of recall, but I thought the last teleport was a one time only due to the cinematic.
Googz_Foogz looks Good, Ill dl Now and review if I get a chance :)
Hammerhands This was the best scenario I have ever played. Really. It was even better for me than Bravesword and Codename Ripto (It was too confusing). This game was easy to play, fun, and not at all confusing.

I would have given a review, in fact I started to, but I couldn't get the words to come out right. I'll try again eventually.

[Edited on 10/17/09 @ 12:24 AM]

CharlieDog
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
One of the best scenarios I have played, was very interesting, I especially enjoyed the dialogue. [SPOILER] Such as "My heart may not beat, but you cannot have it. [/SPOILER] I agree 100% with Hammerhands that the other two were way too confusing, this one was simple, you knew what to do, and how to do it. What kept the playability down to a four was the fact that the teleport ending didn''t work (I tried it on 3 separate occasions, first I only got the leader, second I got the leader and archer, third I got all of them.) and also the fact it that it the food was hard to get as Sneaky_Squirrel said.

Balance: 4
The balance was pretty good the whole way through, but as you are randomly visiting worlds it is expected that it will get easier. The last boss I versed was way too easy, [SPOILER] but then versing the Wizard was extremely hard, [/SPOILER] I had to utilize all the powers available.

Creativity: 5
Creatvity was perfect. Diverse range of environments, side quests, great storyline, and much more. You hit the nail right on the head in this section. Congrats.

Map Design: 4
Map design was alright, but the terrain mixing didn't seem too great. Whilst it was fun to play, some eyecandy could definetly (I wish I knew how to spell that) be worked on. There were some good things though, so good job.

Story/Instructions: 5
Story was great, instructions were great, hints were great. There isn't much more to say, great work. I really enjoyed the story, had an interesting ending. I hope to see more from you.

Additional Comments: Great job perpetual.
WinstonShnozwick Guys, no no no. Bravesword, was in fact to me, very extremely easy to understand and play. It gradually brought to you the hotkeys one by one after time, and explained them fully to you. Not to be rude or criticizing you perp noob, but here, it just started the game with all 9 full hotkeys ready to roll. All i got was the spotlight saying in a word or two what they are, so i was quite confused from the start, and had to slowly adapt. In BS (lol i said bs) you play the game through at a good pace, slowly adapting to the changes in a way that does not get through to your consciousness, so you are content with it, at least thats what it was like for me. Oh and yeah, yeebs RIPTO was awesome, i had a very fun time playing that, the original created humor and jokes were what got me in it the most, I was laughing my head off.
Hammerhands To be honest, and fair to Jondoom, I liked Bravesword. I had nearly finished it when it just stopped. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to 'get to the underworld' as I recall. I'd gone over the entire map, but couldn't get up that little cliff, or through that gate. I even checked the triggers to see what to do. I don't speak Spanish. But, yeah I did enjoy it.

And to be fair to Ripto, I liked what humor I got to see, especially with Cirrow. The audio for that was awesome... but it was all too complex. The Ripto had me going back and forth, back and forth, and BS :) wore me out with how LONG it was.

The Wizard's Path was great, not too long, and not too much back and forth-ing.
CharlieDog I didn't mean that I didn't know what to do, I meant they were simply too big, and it was too hard to remember everything. But they were great scenarios. Codename Ripto was really fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.4
Balance4.5