Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » MP triggers

Download File Post Review Post Comment

MP triggers

Author File Description
lostrozzacavalli
The MP Triggers
The triggers which will make the life of the multiplayer scenario desinger easier

Please have a look here!

*Updated with a better MP US Multiple Units Setup
*Updated with Loop While
*Strongly Updated with three new effects and a Quest String system
*Updated with MP QV Set as cost of last unit killed
*Fixed the bug of MP Conditional Quest Var Check
*Updated with MP Conditional QV Stat Value and MP QV Set Stat Value
*Updated with some better customizable AS effects
*Updated with MP US Copy From Randomized Units Setup and a better MP Forbid unit
*Updated with MP US Randomized Units Setup and a better MP US Convert
*Updated with MP Randomized Setup Start
*Updated: MP Setup Start will no more be the first effect instead of SetIdleProcessing
*Updated with "Send (Spoofed) Chat With Player name/color" and fixed a QV bug
*Updated with an example scenario (Playable on ESO!)
*Strongly Updated with the "MP AS Triggers" and Vectors Sytem
*Strongly Updated with the "MP US Triggers"
*Re-Updated with a better Quest Vars system
*Updated with "Conditional is NOT MP Player"
*Updated
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Guard of Olympus Maybe you should include some info in the main post, fellow CASTWCRT member. :p :)
lostrozzacavalli
File Author
I think there are enough informations in the forum thread, if anyone has questions he can post them here ;)
Guard of Olympus It's just that some people wouldn't bother clicking the link. You could actually just copy/paste the showcase threads OP into this...:)
shuch_ya_mouf I, for one, have no idea what you are talking about, but that is probably because I didn't go to the forums to see.
perpetual_n00b There were four comments before I got the first download :)
lostrozzacavalli
File Author
@Guard of Olympus| Uhm you're right... and Such has confirmed :P
THYMOLE
Rating
Rating: 4.0
To clear things up, this trigger pack is a time saver for multiplayer maps. It does not actually complete a new function or something that you were not able to do before. However this is a bit more important than you might think. In a nutshell, it uses special QV's (that for the most part you don't need to worry about) and uses them to merge what might take up to 12 triggers, and stuffs them into 1. The more players you have, the more it will help.

Another benefit of this pack is that it will probablly reduce lag. For most setups which would require this sort of thing, you would need (for 4 players) 4 seperate triggers. In most cases, only one would be fired and the rest of them would go on unfired and causing lag.

There is only one real downside to this pack and that is that it is useful only in multiplayer maps, and more specifically the big ones that often go unfinished. For your average escape, defend, survival, whatever game one might be best off avoiding learning these new tricks unless you plan for a 6+ player map. However don't be fooled by the difficult looking setup, its not nearly that bad.

Additional Comments:

If anyone wants to try and make a two trigger map, that would be pretty darn cool :D
lostrozzacavalli
File Author
Thanks for the rewiev THYMOLE!

-------------------------------------
If someone is planning a map with 2 triggers
-------------------------------------

I'm planning a simple map to use as example of this pack, it will have 1 or 2 triggers but will have a real gameplay :P.

Unluckly I couldn't use since I started Minigames Y, but I used them once for debug one thing.
xEXOLARx
Rating
Rating: 4.5
These custom triggers are really awesome, they are kinda like nottuds shop triggers but they serve many purposes.

You could spend hours just thinking of how to do something for say 10 players trying not to use so many triggers and effects, and even when you do finaly complete it it might have a bug or something you left out and you gotta edit all the triggers again which could take another hour or so.

But with these triggers you could easily do something that could require 100 triggers in just 1 trigger that can be done in about 2 minutes. Although these triggers are really awesome I recon there should be a better guide or a few more guides you could make just to do something many people might wanna do like an inventory or banking system for an rpg.

Also it helps alot with making maps smaller, less triggers= less KBs= less loading time= less lag = happy map desighner :)

----------------
For your average escape, defend, survival, whatever game one might be best off avoiding learning these new tricks unless you plan for a 6+ player map. However don't be fooled by the difficult looking setup, its not nearly that bad.
----------------------

Hahah thats what I'm planing on doing, a Player versus Player tower survival with a minimum of 2 human players to a max of 10 :P

Additional Comments: Really good work man, I'm gonna try my hardest to master them.

[Edited on 01/14/10 @ 02:15 AM]

lostrozzacavalli
File Author
Thanks a lot for your review :)

It would be really cool if you master them, I will help you everytime you ask in the thread! ;)

P.S. If you ever had a look to the example scenario, it has only a trigger :o!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:484
Favorites: [Who?]0