New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Vampire: Venoc The Terror

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Vampire: Venoc The Terror

Author File Description
EmperorShark
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
In this strategic action game, you control Count Venoc as he stalks the forests and the villages, slaying vampire hunters, rescuing vampires and raising an undead minions to do his bidding.

Features:
-Lush forests populated with humans and beasts alike.
-References to classic vampires!
-A multitude of environments including camps, humble villages, a town, mysterious forests, a fiery cave and more!
-Strategic combat! Micro-manage your units so you can create more minions and take down fearsome heroes to help rescue your four maidens!
-A sweet monkey minigame. Will he find the relic in the overgrown garden? As long as he avoids plants, snakes and a dinosaur!
-Hidden spots where you can slay dwarves and steal there gold!
-Optional missions!

All of this in one FREE downloadable scenario! What are you waiting for?

This is my debut scenario and reviews and critique would be highly appreciated!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
xEXOLARx "All of this in one FREE downloadable scenario! What are you waiting for? "

Ha everythings free on aomh

Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Looks mad, can't wait to play and review :) ~ Khan
solembum71 It's a great scenario!
I took a lot of fun to play and I liked the "mini games".
Just one thing, the card is a little too difficult, especially when it is attacking the last town (to release the last creature). I due retry 3 or 4 times before arriving there.
Made of another scenario like this:)

Sorry for my English but I am French.

:) Solembum71:)

[Edited on 12/13/09 @ 11:26 PM]

EmperorShark
File Author
Thanks for the review but you should lengthen it to five paragraphs, with one for each category. Otherwise it will just get deleted.
Milkman Matty
solembum71, your review does not comply with AoMH's review guidelines. You will need to amend your review so that it does comply with the guidelines.
Please visit this page:

http://aom.heavengames.com/reviewguide

Read up on that and you won't see me in your way :D
If changes are not made within 48 hours then I will be forced to retract your review :( ~ Khan
Milkman Matty
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Overall Rating: 3.2
!! Contains Spoilers !!
Played on Moderate
Total playing time around 1.5 hrs

Playability: 3
First of all I would like to say thanks for making this map, for the most part is was entertaining :). However the playability rating for this map could really be a 2 :( There where a lot of trigger bugs, inconsistencies, a victory condition bug and objective bugs.

The first trigger bug I encountered was the collect 300 gold for Deslock quest. I approached the character and the quest was completed before I was given it :/ I gained the unit as per normal. Then the quest was given a little while later. This brings me to the second point: The unit you gave me was completely useless :( Once gained there was nothing for it to do becuase it could not get out of the starting area. The teleport trigger you created only teleports an army, not units in area, making it impossible to do anything with what should have been a well deserved reward.

The third bug I noticed wasn't so big, Valentine's name was still "Lampades". The next bug I noticed is apparent when you save the first, second or third mistress. When you save them the revealer to player object does not disappear. A simple destroy effect could have been added to each of the triggers activated when the mistresses are released.

The minigame was nice however again the triggering let you down here. When you won the minigame you were rewarded, however of the monkey died after that it came up that you lost the minigame. Again a simple disable trigger effect would have done the trick nicely.

The game is unable to be won. To win, an iron fence must be killed however the iron fence is allied to the player and thus the game cannot be won :( I think I should add that the game as a whole, was rather repetitive - the minigame did help spice it up a bit but perhaps different objectives would be nice :)

If I didn't enjoy the game as much as I did then the rating of the category could easily be a 2. But I must say, regardless of all the bugs the game was still fun to play :)

Balance: 4
The game was definitely balanced well. The only thing that brought the rating down was the gradient that the difficulty increased as the player progressed through the scenario. It did increase steadily for the most part. However the last part was way hard. Still beatable but much much harder due to the increased presence of buildings and the sheer amount of enemies. I think you did a great job for the majority of the game however. The starting enemies where well suited for that level of the players experience, right up to the third mistress. Nice job :)

Creativity: 3
If it wasn't for the trigger bugs and the repetitiveness then this category would have been 4. There was really only one thing to do for the game, like I stated before maybe a couple different events would be nice. There was no music, its not hard to implement music and it makes a big difference to the atmosphere of the game. Also the fact that when you killed all the towns guards and started killing the villagers, the other villagers just went on farming. Maybe a trigger that made them garrison into a tower or something would have been a good idea :) The vampire hunters were a nice addition, same with the catacombs :) All things considered this part was average, not amazing but definitely not poor either :)

Map Design: 4
This map was eyecandied nicely. There was a good amount of eyecandy and a nice amount of area to move. The objects used suited the surroundings and made a nice environment. The lighting complemented the scenarios atmosphere. The tree border around the minigame was out of character and didn't look as good as the rest of the map. Apart from that the majority of the map was great, just not amazing. Still nicely done :)

Story/Instructions: 2
The story was nice however once told about it at the start it seems to be abandoned and as a consequence rather boring. The instructions where short and generally vague. There were multiple spelling mistakes within messages and chats. To name a few there was one right at the start and one when you get the 300 gold (that you don't need/can't use). The story was entertaining at the start and there where objectives present.

Additional Comments:
All in all an average scenario. If you fixed the little mistakes that I mentioned then you could easily make the rating higher :)

Congratulations on what you have achieved ~ Khan
solembum71 Hi kan.
sorry but I do not understand what you mean: /
I am French and understands little English
But I think I understood what you asked me.
If I must note each category one by one, I'll do it but leave me a little more time please because I do not have time to change now.
If it's for my bad spelling, I'm sorry but I use a French-English translator to speak to you and I can not do better so my English is bad: (
thank you for your understanding.

Milkman Matty
solembum71, I will wait until some time on Friday Eastern Standard Time. After that I guess your review will have to be retracted.

And the reason for it being retracted is that it is not detailed enough, not becuase of the translation :) ~ Steak
------
Given 'till the Monday the 14th still nothing has changed - Review retracted ~ Khan

[Edited on 12/13/09 @ 11:27 PM]

solembum71 I'll post my update tonight.
Be careful! I am French so my evening is not at the same time as yours!

OddballtheAngry Very good scenario, good playability and balance. Keep up the good work comrade. :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0