New Files

Utility Programs » Image2Scenario

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Image2Scenario

Author File Description
buppy
(id: pubby8)
Pubby8's Image2Scen!

This handy program converts 100x100 images into random maps which are then loaded into AoM as scenarios.

Features:
Image conversion
Height map conversion
Custom palettes
Dithering
AuthorReviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
rjs23
Rating
Rating: 4

Additional Comments:
User interface- 4/5
Easy on your eyes, actually not a lot of stuff to look except it asks you simple four questions. Only con about this is when you’re finish selecting your image and setting map size, the program immediately close on me without saying if Image-2-Scenario conversion has been successful or not. It made me think the program crashed on me when it really did not crash. It's just exit itself when it's finish it's job. Overall, very simple user interface, and please let the program tell if it successful or not before it closes. 4/5

Simplicity- 3/5
The program is simple to start as long you have Java installed. The program is somewhat easy to use but can be confusing like, for example, the program asks me to select a palette file then it gives me three palette files to select a palette which I have no idea what to select since it gives no brief description of what it used for.

Compatible with Vanilla/Titan – 4/5
It is compatible with both versions as long you choose the right palette for your map. So far, AoM Titan can convert image to map with colors just fine however vanilla version cannot convert image to map with color- just black and white which is little okay for me because I am AoM user who does not use AoMTT. I made one palette to fix this shortcoming on vanilla version so it can convert image with colors instead of black/white.

Is this a tool that I would use everyday? 5/5
Well, somewhat yes and no. First of all, I’m no scenario designer person- just a basic Random Map Script guy. As a RMS guy, I rely on making scripts that are clean and organized. The way this program generate scripts are messy, long, and there could be some improvement in it. However, I use this program if I need to create an image on the RMS map if the image is hard to make in RMS using text editor with hand. Anyways, since this tool is meant to be used for Scenario map and not RMS, I decided to not to let the con in this section influence the rating so it is 5/5.

Overall – 4/5
The program itself is simple but dirty- it needs to be polished meaning make the program look better and less confusing. It might work great in AoMTT but could fail to work in vanilla version when using TT’s palette. Image2Scenario is a nice, brilliant program that generates RMS/SCN based on the image.

Nice work Pubby8!

[Edited on 01/21/10 @ 07:14 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:646