Cheats Allowed: No
AoM Version: AoM: The Titans
Total Game Time: 39:05
Player 1's Name: Bluetune
Player 2's Name: YouSayLameISayGG
Player 3's Name: Ape_Of_Wrath
Player 4's Name: MP_Katsuaki_
Good game on Savannah as Oranos.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Bonehead4
Rating
Rating: 4

Usefulness:
This recorded game was fairly easy for me to follow, and introduced me to some new ideas and concepts that i hadn't thought of doing. Really opened my eyes.

Economic Plan:
At the beginning you focused on mainly wood and gold for turmas (good :)) but you forgot to keep building villagers which i thought was a bit silly.
I thought that moving your villagers to a food source far away from your base was an interesting strategy, the extra safety is only as logn as you weren't found, and you had to waste a bit of time getting there, but it seemed to work well for you - well done.
All in all, your economy was pretty decent throughout the game, there was never any resource really obscenely high.
Special well done with the titan - usually people put all their villagers on titans and lose their economy, but you didn't, you took a couple from each to keep your economy up and running the whole time. Great job there!

Military Plan:
COUNTERS! i noticed that throughout the game, you would just send units in to attack without much micro-managing. an example is at approx 20-21mins in, cyan had an army of siege towers, slingers and priests; yet you continued building turmas and arcus, while the couple katapeltes you had were attacking slingers and priests.
Not that you didnt micro-manage at all, i noticed several times when you got villagers to attack siege engines, or got arcus to attack infantry instead of siege, keep at it and you'll do great.
Your gold raiding was well done, just need to stay away from TCs and Towers. ^^
You should also make sure not to auto-queue into the front line. It is much easier for the enemy to kill one unit at a time constantly, than 30 units every so often.
Dont send you're titan in solo, thats just asking for it to die.
Not sure if you know this, but burning pitch does not affect the attack of your archers, only the damage vs buildings. In this case, resources would be better spent on upgrading to champions than burning pitch.

Additional Comments:
I lol'd at the glitching villagers at 16-17 mins, after you shockwaved them.
This was exciting to watch, keep having great games!

[Edited on 03/02/10 @ 08:58 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:323
Favorites: [Who?]0