New Files

Random Map Scripts » Nottud's Massive Random Map Pack

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Nottud's Massive Random Map Pack

Author File Description
nottud
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
I am putting together a massive random map pack for you all to downlaod with msot of my random maps that I have made. Here is a list with most of them listed although the pack contains more than this!.

4 pits of doom
animal battle (both versions)
animal convert wars
AOMS's largest supremecy
AOMS's off limit supremecy
are you feeling lucky
assasinate the enemy
battle in hades
battle of the flying wizards
battle of the summoners (both versions)
bombs of doom
bronze wars
canyon racing
cat and mice
catapult duel
chaos in world RPG
christmas random map
cow tremor wars
crocs and mice
defend your town
dodge the chickens
dode the meteors
dryad wars
einheriair wars
elemental trade
enraged titan RPG
escape
fantasy
forest madness
fractal
gaia creep wars
goat wars
hero arena
hide in the forest
island toppling
island escape
island race
lost in the forest
meteor storm
mountain escape
myth wars (both versions)
mythodea
pit of doom
pounce
priest battle
projectile madness
projectile summoners
random cat and mice
range wars
relic wars
research madness
restoration wars
save your cow
snatch it while you can (diff versions)
sons of osiris wars
tank wars
the great race
timeshift wars
the great racev04
titan wars advanced
titan wars
tiny
total war unlimited
total war forgotten forest
unknown
virus survival
void assasins
void of plenty
war of the gods
wilderness escape
wolf wars

To install put in your RM2 folder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Yeebaagooon
Staff
Excellent.
Twi5t3dM3rcy Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
iTS JUST AMAZING I MEAN YOU MADE ALL OF THESE INTO RANDOM MAP PACKS I HAD HALF OF THEM FROM THE ORIGINAL NOTTUD SUPERPACK YOU REALLY ARE ONE OF THE BEST MODDERS THEY ALL RUN 100% AND SMOOTHLY TOO UNLIKE SOME OF THE OTHERS JUST AMAZING GOOD WORK!!! KEEP IT UP
PS ON THE NOTTUD SUPERPACK THE DETAILED HELP BUTTON DOES NOT WORK ON EDITER

[Edited on 02/28/10 @ 05:07 AM]

lostrozzacavalli
Rating
Playability: 5.0

I always had fun on playing every of these maps. They are every time better, with new ideas and a great use of all the triggers (he ;) ) did, especially of the transform trigger (never seen used in other maps as he does) and the search and ztriggers. The idea of "themes" in some of these maps is really great and complicated to do, especially the 10 (!) themes of Elemental Trade, where he didn't only changed the terrains but also projectiles, eyecandy and bonuses. The lag is never so much as in many other maps.

Balance: 5.0

I've never seen one of his maps which makes a player stronger than an other, it might happen on the ones (escapes especially) where the players are placed in random positions, but it's never a decisive advantage and it's not intended to be, so the balance is really perfect.

Creativity: 5.0

Most of the things I wrote for playability are applied here, an unique use of triggers and an awesome imagination render these maps always new and never boring.

Map Design: 5.0

As if as there are not really awesome buildings or great nature eyecandy, which anyway would be impossible in a random map, the use of such awesome effects doesn't make you say "ooooh!" less than a great eyecandy map.

Story/Instructions: 5.0

It's really really hard to put instructions in a random map as a camera cut only often makes it boring, but on many of his maps he put a cinematic, which is extremely hard to do in a RM as it doesn't let you create cines in the same way as a scenario, and the maps which contain only chats as instructions are often so simple that you don't need more clarifications. In some of the maps (E.G. Mountain Escape) he even tried to describe a story, while other maps are just minigames where a story would be really useless and boring, so I think he really deserves a 5 here.

Additional Comments:
He's a great Designer, I hope he'll continue in this way :)
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Twi5t3dM3rcy your review is does not reflect anything that the review guidelines states. Please read the Random Map Script guidelines found here:

http://aom.heavengames.com/reviewguide/nrgrms

You may submit another review as long as your review stays within those guidelines :)

Actually Lost-cav, you should probably look at them as well. I know that RM's like Choas in World RPG and such are played much like scenarios so I won't retract your review. However this is submitted in, and IS a collection of Random Map Scripts and should be reviewed as such ~ Khan

[Edited on 02/28/10 @ 05:18 AM]

lostrozzacavalli I would have rated it differently for a "supremacy-similar", but in this pack there's not a single supremacy map, so I thought of review it as a pack of scenarios

And as if as I didn't include story/instructions and balance, the rating would have been the same :)
nottud
Staff
File Author
Mods - please allow the ratings to reflect scenario style ratings because that is basically what these maps reflect - NOT normal random maps!

The only thign to differentiate these from a scenario is the layout is random and such!

This is by no means a normal set of random maps! There is almsot no normal maps in this.

[Edited on 02/28/10 @ 08:45 AM]

newfie64 How do i install it? when i download it do i open it or save it? if i save it i looked for the file RM2 but there was only RM and still wouldnt let me save it . am i doing something wrong? help please

[Edited on 02/28/10 @ 08:34 PM]

nottud
Staff
File Author
You are probably using non expansion age of mythology so most/all of these maps you may find will not work! If you lucky a couple may work with little or no modifcation.
newfie64 ya i have the gold edition but never downloaded the expansion yet as i im not sure how after i downloaded the original game anyway thanks for the help
randomplayer111 can i have some help? i put them in the rm2 folder but when ever i start a map in random map it does not work properly. it just says victory is yours after i start
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:16,217
Favorites: [Who?]8