Rise of the Ancient Demo Version - CORE

Author File Description
Bartholomeus
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Rise of The Ancient: The Cursed Lands

Archos of Medomai's Creation

CORE files download

This is the Release of Rise of the Ancient Demo v.1.0.

requirements:

Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion

optional requirements:

processor 2.0 ghz or higher
RAM 1 gb or higher

recommended files:

Epic Textures MOD
nottud's ultimate editor superpack

For more information, see the thread in the AOMH Forum.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Jondoom Try to update one file instead of posting 5 different files... it would be better that way. :)
Bartholomeus
File Author
For Jondoom

The last 3 files, cannot be accessed before confirmed by the staff member. that's why I'm creating a new ones. since I do not have much time left.

Thank God! At last the map has been uploaded.

Well, Enjoy the RPG.

See you later in next 11 days.

[Edited on 03/21/10 @ 11:28 PM]

CharlieDog I'll download when I have the time, I was wondering, if someone was to post a review, where they would post it. :P
Bartholomeus
File Author
For Posting Reviews: (for CharlieDog or anyone)

You could post any reviews wherever you want,
either in the Scenario or the CORE.

NOTE:

Please post some quality reviews, including the constructive criticism, and some nice motivation. :]
Guard of Olympus
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
It was extremely intresting, unique and exciting to play this map, I was always wondering what would happen next and I had to be cautious for ambushes. There wasn't a single moment in this scenario where nothing happened, it was always fast - paced, action filled and enjoyable. A quest, a few dungeon, a shop (that maybe could have been improved a little) and leveling - this scenario had all the elements a good RPG needs. The only thing that I found annoying was the shop system, I think it should have been explained better and maybe even used a different system for buying things - I couldn't know what the collumn I clicked contained so I lost huge amounts of gold on things I didn't really need. Overall extremely enjoyable to play, well done on the playability.

Balance: 5
This scenario uses a very unique balance system, as I'd say it's impossible to lose unless you resign, but you still managed to do the balance real good. Ressurection fountains weren't found everywhere, and just a few were scattered across the map, which is good. You also lose something if you die, so you can't just take suicide and it'd still not cause yourself any damage. In battles, you had to think in a strategic way when to use potions, and enemies were perfectly powered to match your strenght, there weren't too many enemies, nor to few. Ambushes weren't too strong and I was usually able to destroy them with the help of a potion or two. Speaking of potions, I think potions was exactly as easy to find as they should have been, you couldn't get 100 potions for finding like three relics, and this was obviously good. I think you did a very good job in balancing a cenario with such an unique balance system.

Creativity: 5
Like i mentioned under the playability section, this scenario was unique and I've never seen anytjing like this. This map uses gameplay mechanics never seen before, an unique way of both healing and leveling, it contains dungeons, sounds and new textures that are really great, and creative. The scenario has features that really makes this map enjoyable, and it feels new each time one plays it. I have now played this scenario three times without getting bored once, and the traps and ambuches that are the reason for this are created in a nice and unique way.

Map Design: 4.5
I felt the map design in this scenario was between a four and a five, but I decided to give you the highest score. The best part of the map design are the dungeons, that look awesome and gives an "in-door" feeling. SFXs in the dungeon helps to light up the enviroment and a few cool new types of eyecandy (the Egyptian wall eyecandy) can be found in this map. I think some areas look really good with small cities, refuge camps, rocks and more, but I'm sorry to say that I feel a few areas are a bit untouched, sometimes I find Imhotep walking in a huge area with only sand, no elevation, no rocks and almsot no eyecandy at all. If you added some more elevations to these areas, they would look very realistic and nice.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story of this scenario was, without doubt, good but I feel it was explained poorly at the begining. You could have made a great cinematic, but instead there are only overlay texts, and I didn't feel they explained the story too well. The instructions were good, and there were many ways to learn how to do things. But the chat messages were also important information, and way too many chats came at the same time which was very confusing and hard to read. It wasn't that much of a problem, but it takes a point of this score I'm afraid.

Additional Comments: Keep up the good work!

And maybe you should ask a moderator via email if he could give you permission to upload the core files and the scenario in one file, so people don't have to download two of them. ;)
Bartholomeus
File Author
Thanks for copying your review, Guard of Olympus!

I REALLY appreciated it. :)

THE CINEMATIC NOW SKIPABLE !!!

YAY! wait for the full version. ;p

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown