Author File Description
HailToTheOboe
File Details
Screenshot:
# of Players: 4 + computer
Version: AoM
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPr5_bkSIms[/video]
Not all of this trailer represents true gameplay footage

It's a scenario idea that is nearly as old as Age of Mythology itself... but our triggering capabilities have come a long way since 2003, so expect a little something different.

There have been giant-dwarf soccer scenarios since the very beginning, so I'm not even going to pretend to try to take credit for the idea.

This is 2v2 multiplayer scenario where each person controls one mountain giant, and tries to kick a dwarf into the opposing team's net. Play until the clock runs out, and if the score is still tied the game enters sudden death overtime or the classic street hockey rule of "last goal wins".

This game differs from its predecessors in that it is entirely hotkey controlled.
  • up arrow - move forward
  • down arrow - stop moving
  • left arrow - turn left
  • right arrow - turn right
  • spacebar - kick the ball
  • z - dribble the ball

The arrows correspond with directions relative to your giants heading, not directions on the screen. These are first-person controls.

In multiplayer, there is a small time delay when using hotkeys. I've worked to minimize the effect of the delay, but still, you will almost always have more control if you move with single touches instead of holding the keys down.
    Kicking and dribbling automatically aligns your heading towards the ball, so you don't need to worry about fine adjustment. Z, for dribbling, is a multi-purpose ball-handling key. It's used to stop the ball and push it a few steps in front of you. You can use it for short passes, running circles around the opposition like AkA_LoveXX, and intercepting or blocking shots.

These hotkeys will not effect you in supremacy or other games after the scenario ends, because the entire scenario is played in "earthquake" context, a game mode that is otherwise unused in age of mythology.

If you put computer playes in for the giants, they will still play; I have a built in AI to manage them. They are not exactly creative, but they are pretty good.

When you host multiplayer, the 5th slot should be a computer. Teams are triggered to be 1+2 vs 3+4.

In the near future I want to start a competition for players to script their own AIs and fight against each other, but not quite yet.

Two scenario versions included, one for AOM, one for AOT.
  • AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    Epic_Newb Playability: 4
    Very nice! The movement isn't 100% fluid but then again the game isn't made to play with Arrow Keys.

Balance: 5
    The players seem to be placed the same distance away from the dwarf. 5/5

Creativity: 5
    This concept is amazing. I hate soccer but this is brilliant.

Map Design: 5
    Couldn't be better considering the size of the map.

Story/Instructions: 5
    Perfect Instructions

Additional Comments:
    My first review! I can't believe no ones ever even commented or reviewed this scenario yet. :(

[Edited on 06/11/14 @ 11:33 PM]

Sebastian_tr Omg this is awesome! I love it
    Kai Hirogashi Treat this like a breakthrough guys ! !!
    eine_Gurkensalat
    (id: eine_gurkensalad)
    why do I download a video (which can't run on my PC) instead of the scenary?
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    This is a scenario for AoM vanilla.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Statistics
    Downloads:1,190