The Castle II

Author File Description
Hammerhands
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Updated on 10/05/10

The Castle

This is the Sequel to The Castle.

This is the Readme for the Castle II. This map was made upon the request of mgs15.
It is similar to the first, but a little harder I think. Many things have changed from the first map, but not so much
that a veteran of the first will have a hard time winning. This time you play the Egyptians. Don't get all excited about
the priests... the number of priests you can hire at any one point depends on the difficulty. The harder the game is,
the fewer the priests.

You play as Ra, but the New Kingdom tech has been researched. As in the first game, you may find yourself relying on
the heroes that come through the teleporter, but the priests diminish their importance somewhat. Unlike in the first game,
you start out with two town centers, but if you lose either one, or any of your Migdols you may find yourself defeated.
The victory conditions are the same... 1500 for easy, 3000 for moderate, 4500 for hard, and 6000 for Titan.

Your city is situated across a river, with one town center on either side. Don't fret though... there's a nice bridge
between them. You get attacked from both sides, and from both ends of the river. You start out with gold in the city, as
in the first game, but you may find yourself needing more than in the other...

The safest way to get wood is to dump all of your villagers into the Leviathan and head out for one of the islands. The
God Powers are different as well. Four dwarven mines, three restorations, two Citadels, and one ceasefire. Beware
the Ceasefire; it may do you more harm than good...

This map was made my Astrological Design, tested by Hammerhands and his Sexy Assistant, and is dedicated to all you
play testers out there. God knows the designers' job is harder without you.

Tweaks:
Player's units now gain more armor as the game progresses.
Walls and towers now somewhat weaker.
Enemy armies now attack the walls and/or towers, to prevent the units hovering outside the Castle.
Titan now appears three thousand seconds sooner.
Enemy units 0.8 meters per second faster.
Spelling errors in the Readme fixed.

Tweaks:
Towers weaker;
Kill counter modified;
Wall and toower regeneration reduced.
Avenger movement modified
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Zenophobia nice! I was planning to make a castle map of my own, but i'll need your permission first.
Hammerhands
File Author
Go ahead. Just make sure we're in the credits.

If you want you can do what We did. Take the existing map, and rebuild it around the triggers that are already there. Just adjust them to suit you.

Murmillo Of Zeus Awesome work HammerHands I like your design and your city water how did you make it falt?
Hammerhands
File Author
How did I make it 'falt'?
Zenophobia alrighty!

P.S, I thought this was a dead site, so i'm really glad to see ppl. My castle map will be quite different though...
Murmillo Of Zeus Oops sorry it meant to say flat instead of falt lol
Murmillo Of Zeus Sorry I meant to say Flat

[Edited on 09/27/10 @ 08:15 PM]

Zenophobia you use the sample elevation tool.
Hammerhands
File Author
This isn't a dead site at all.
Check out the forums; http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/index.cgi

I'd make it a link, but BBCode doesn't work here. So you have to copy it into your address bar.

And yeah. The Sample elevation tool on the menu bar.
mgs15 Yay! Finally it's out! Got to review this if I find time. For now, I'll just try it...
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.3