New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Man-Eating Forest

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Man-Eating Forest

Author File Description
Marauder1221
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Wow! Over 200 downloads! Thanks to everyone who downloaded!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Marauder1221
File Author
What does everyone think of my scenario? Please comment and review.
TitanOfFire It's awsome nice scenario!
Tasterix More informations would be nice... I won't download it if it's so empty.
Glen654
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 2
I gave you a 2 in here for several issues I noticed. In the cinematic at the beginning, I first thought, ok this seems good, but when it ended it left me all the way zoomed in, which is a hassle to zoom out, and some players don't know how to. There were a few trigger bugs which i noticed, such as the plants civilization was "Man Eating Pants", that was a little misleading. Also, when i first got to the city nothing happened, and i was confused. I wasn't sure what to do, and i tried to look for the answers in the objectives, but they stated things i already figured out. There was also confusion upon getting to the boss, there was just a polyphemus there and i had to kill it, I looked in the triggers, and i think you might want to use 'Unit in LOS' instead of 'Unit Selected'.

Balance: 5
I found no flaws in the balance of the game, once you figured out how to obtain the ulfsark, you could do the rest. The beginning was a small challenge for me, and it took me a couple of tries to get to the village.

Creativity: 4
I think the idea of the map was pretty creative, i have never played a scenario such as this one. The map design was alright, but there was some confusion with the boss and getting to the city. The units you start with are interesting, I like the idea of ragnorak with the relic, just for the villagers. The starting base was well laid out as well. There was also little sound used, which makes AoM players dissapoint. But other than that, i think you deserve a good score in this area.

Map Design: 3
The map design wasn't very good, you didn't implement any terrain mixing, and most of the map was simply marsh. The blue near the giant carnivora also kind of hurt my eyes. What i did like however, was the extra area you could go to, i liked the idea of that, and i think you did that well. But, on the path to the boss there were carnivora bases, but no carnivoras! Maybe you did this on purpose, but it didn't seem to be so. I also think you should have the whole village convert, and make less units, because a bunch of ulfsark weren't very fun.

Story/Instructions: 3
There was a lack in story, you did explain a little, but the title gave away more than the actual story in the game did. There was also very vague instructions, such as converting the ulfsarks, So I think even now i am being generous by giving you a 3, i do not know what else to write in this category, besides recommending an expansion on the story, maybe some dialogue, and maybe a more detailed hint in the objectives.

Additional Comments:
I liked the scenario, it was a bit short, but i don't mind that. It was a small challenge for me at first, and all you need to do to improve it is to increase the eyecandy, provide more detailed story and instructions, especially clearing up the confusion around the village and boss, and you could have a really good scenario, i would love to see a sequel here!
Marauder1221
File Author
Yeah I'll update sometime Glen
godpower97 Killer pants???? What kind of name is that?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0