Download File Post Review Post Comment

Desert Brawl update: v1.02

Author File Description
Zenophobia
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Photobucket

Showcase

Alrighty, I've been working on this map for a while now, and it's probably 99% complete. I just need to hunt down those elusive glitches, and I'll need your help! Here goes...

Overview
You are one of many soldiers here in this hostile desert. Your mission? To slay the evil pharaoh and burn his castle to the ground. This task may be the most important yet, so be prepared!

Gameplay
What makes this so special? You use hotkeys for everything! Arrow keys to move. Space to attack. 'C' to use your unit's special ability, if it has one. Capture Plenty Vaults, which will bring in reinforcements. Each time you die, you click on one of your plenty vaults and push the hotkey of the unit of your choice to respawn. Capture all plenty vaults and you win!

I wanted to let you explore the game yourselves, but it'd be tough explaining everything in-game, so I'll just explain it here. :)

Units:
-Hypaspist (A): Your starting unit. Nothing special, although he spawns with ten hoplite reinforcements.
-Murmillo (S): The next in line. His special ability is restoration, which makes him the most resilient of all units. What he lacks is armor and damage.
-Camelry (D): Swift and deadly. He's got 100% pierce armor. Good for hunting down those pesky artillary ballistas.
-Einherjar (F): Tough but slow, he's great for chopping down large groups of enemies that come close. His special ability is blowing his horn, which damages nearby enemies and calls nearby allies to his aid. (This ability is still a bit iffy)
-Gastraphetes (G): Ah, the joy of gunpowder... This guy's unique. Press 'C' to enter aiming mode. In aiming mode, use arrow keys to aim. Space to shoot an explosive arrow. 'C' again to return to normal mode.
-Fanatic (H): Lots of fun to use, and pretty straightforward. Each time he attacks, he increases his damage by 1! If he starts to flame, that's okay. It means his attack has gone up past 40. (And he's just hot that way :P)
-Hersir (J): This guy's also very unique. Each time he attacks, he slams his hammer against the ground, knocking away and stunning all enemies. He's just vulnerable against ranged units.
-War Elephant (K): BFG! He's big! And... um... fat! But besides that, he's so ginormous, he damages units in front of him as he walks!
-Destroyer (L): Slow but deadly. This guy likes spearing other people. If he's in trouble, you can call in a group of allies to help you!
-Son of Osiris (Q): You can't leave this guy out of the pack! Rapidly press space to shoot lightning. If he gets attacked, he has to restart the whole spell! Each time he attacks, enemies have a 60% chance of being struck by a bolt.
-Field General (W): You've seen 'em before, right? Always wanted to be a proud shiny knight on a white horse, right? Now you can! (C) to enter/exit command mode. In command mode, you are slower and cannot attack, but you can order nearby allies to do as you wish!
-Valkyrie (E): A maiden of Valhalla. She can call upon the powers of the gods to bring forth frost even upon this arid desert. If that's not enough, she spawns with a whole battalion of fellow Valkyrie and Einherjars!

Difficulty Levels
-Easy: For the guys that love nothing more than running around stomping merrily all over your enemies and making clam chowder out of their brains.
-Moderate: The way the game was meant to be balanced. Nothing else to say, really...
-Hard: For those that like a challenge. Enemies are stronger and there's 50% more enemies.
-Titan: WARNING! IF YOU'RE REALLY COMPETITIVE AND CANT STAND LOSING, DON'T PLAY THIS MODE! You will have a seizure, scream, and whack your computer with an axe! Beware! You have been warned...

Bosses
Well now, that would be giving away too much information now wouldn't it? Just download it and see for yourself!

More Features
-Each time you play, the layout of the points is completely different! You might have a plenty vault near the oasis one time, and the next have it in the middle of nowhere!
-If you keep on playing the game, you'll eventually meet every land and air military and myth unit in the game!
-One more important thing. If you spawn in the middle of the plenty vault or you get stuck in some weird place in the middle of nowhere, just hit 'P' which will kill your character and let you choose another place to respawn.

UPDATE: v1.02
-Movement is smoother. WAY smoother
-Added two new units: Field General and Valkyrie
-Added advice messages
-Bosses are tougher

A final note: This game's still only 99% complete! Be as critical as you want and fire away with those reviews! Good luck and have fun!

Showcase
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Wert107 This sounds kinda....awesome!
I'll dl it when I play aom next.
Zenophobia
File Author
great... the showcase failed...
-But besides that, I don't know why my showcase went kaboom. Any help?

[Edited on 01/19/11 @ 10:17 PM]

Zenophobia
File Author
how do you put in pictures?

[Edited on 01/19/11 @ 04:47 PM]

WinstonShnozwick If you're using bbcode i think you use the [ img ] tags. Check out the forums, you can make a showcase there. This sounds pretty cool!
Zenophobia
File Author
it... still doesn't work... -.-

EDIT: HOORAY IT WORKS!
Thanks, man! :)

[Edited on 01/19/11 @ 10:17 PM]

Anstar10 Two words Awesome and Bugs.
Wert107 just downloaded it.It will probably be better than my maps.lol.it almost has more dls than mine and yours is been up like 2 days right?lol
Zenophobia
File Author
do you guys find anything wrong with it?
Wert107 I found some bugs. When I got the Gastraphetes he could not attack and I had to wait for him to die before i could change him. another bug is when I finally got the Gastraphetes to die, I tried to change my charcter...before I could change it, Gastraphetes respawned and started to run aimlessly and I couldn't control him.

This is an awesome map.But I would fix the Gastraphetes problem and possibly put in some respawn ability...great map
Zenophobia
File Author
hmm... that's weird. Press 'P' to kill your character, by the way. And there's also a bug when you die as the gastraphetes while in aiming mode. You have to respawn as the gastraphetes, exit aiming mode, and kill yourself before you can pick another unit if you were killed while aiming.

I'll see if I can fix the Gastraphetes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.8