Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Modpacks » Kataphraktoi Contarius [First Anim mod] (Adds textures too)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Kataphraktoi Contarius [First Anim mod] (Adds textures too)

Author File Description
BSU_DoLhades
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
This changes the Anim of the Contarius to match that of a Kataphraktoi of Byzantium (Well... slightly) the Normal contarius follows a sort of, standard kataphraktoi, while the hero looks like a captain

These need to be extracted into AoM inside program files (My computer) the folders sort themselves out from there, open the WinRAR and delete either the anim or Texture folder if you only want one

CREDITS:
* Again its the almighty TheAoMExpert *

* And EstradaKing1, I wasn't planning on doing a Contarius Hero, in fact I was planning on stopping with Atlanteans, it has no use whatsoever in what I was planning but I have completed it upon request as he is asking for more Atlantean units, expect some more units after this! *
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
lol dude you can calm down a little :p But really, thanks for the props. I'll be teaching you how to do sound soon, and then... how to make your own unit. ;) I've been sick so the computer is sometimes the last thing I want to do. I'm laying down most of the time.

edit: btw, you're a pretty fast learner. I appreciate that alot.

Also, if you're doing a texture mod, you don't always have to "replace" the original texture. There's a way, using the animation file, that you can set it as a variation. It's very rare but there are some units in aom that have two types of textures.

[Edited on 02/13/11 @ 04:17 PM]

BSU_DoLhades
File Author
lol actually Anstar decided hed teach me :P

he taught me the basics and screwed up somewhere... everywhere up until special abilities it worked fine

but we didnt do sounds
That AoM Guy
lol whatever. That's why I should have taught you :p But really I don't care who does it, as long as they know what they're doing.

[Edited on 02/13/11 @ 05:44 PM]

BSU_DoLhades
File Author
There is something hidden on the model... that you aquire through upgrades, but that you can find for yourself easily... CLUE: Armory upgrade

Also I couldnt fit in a screenie, it was too big

and as much as Anstars teaching style was good, I prefer the way you taught me, but I did say in the Arcus file comments that I would see who was best
That AoM Guy
I'm confused... could you rephrase that?

btw, take a look at this:

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3049&f=&st=10&ci=

It will show you how the "replace texture" works.

There's also something about "grn" models that you have to know about. (granny) My knowledge is that they can't be edited. I've never come across one but you should be able to figure it out on your own.

[Edited on 02/14/11 @ 03:37 PM]

BSU_DoLhades
File Author
Basically there is something on the model you will only see through tech
That AoM Guy
You got me stumped. I'll be attempting to look though.
EstradaKing1 Pretty good but are you only doing heros or regular soldiers too? :)
i'm glad your doing more Atlanteans :D
BSU_DoLhades
File Author
No problem ;)

atm I just got myself a big mod on the LoME, adding the Haradrim as a seperate race for supremacy, I will add the Corsairs, Harad and Mahud to the faction, and some expensive Khandish mercenaries (They get one line in the whole book of Return of the King... and it describes them... thats it!)

so this is on hold, although if you want the anim mod Anstar10 recently used for his photo in the screenshot competition I could upload it for you, he did the textures however so I'll try to get them too :P

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:431
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:14.11 KB
Added:02/12/11