Tower Defense Revolution

Author File Description
Glen654
File Details
Screenshot:
# of Players: 4 Humans, 2 Coms
Version: AoM: The Titans

Tower Defense Revolution!

Tower Defense Revolution is an advanced tower defense, with many features not seen before in such a game.

These features include:
  • 12 different types of towers

• Ability to upgrade each tower 10 times

• 'Ready' system to send the next wave'

• Booting System

• 32 waves, 3 bosses

• Instant-build towers(you dont have to actually build them, just place the foundation)

• The 'ready' system is pretty simple, if you feel you are ready for the next wave, you can move your old man onto the pad (You cannot take back this decision), and if at least 2 players are ready, the next wave will come. Multiple waves can be sent at once, but it is not recommended.

Placing towers is hard to understand the first time, but easy once you know how its done. First, move your villager to the tower you want to build in the 'Towers' section. They are clearly labeled. Once you're there, you will be able to place a tower foundation. Place said foundation in the appropriate 'Defense' area. The unit you have selected will have been built at the location.

The First four players are humans, and the last two are computers. Make sure the teams look like this-
  • Player 1 - Team 1

• Player 2 - Team 1

• Player 3 - Team 1

• Player 4 - Team 1

• Computer 1 - Team 1

• Computer 2 - Team 2

• *Update* Waves 20+ are more balanced.

*Newer Update* Waves 10+ are more balanced, as well as priests and myth towers. Music Added.

*Even Newer Update* All waves more balanced. Waves spawn faster.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
    AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    Geeezus glen! Where did all these epic games come from?!?! I wish I could review all of them but my mp is down.

[Edited on 04/04/11 @ 05:10 PM]

Glen654
    File Author
    Haha, i know what you mean, but honestly i got so bored with making choose your mutation II that i started a lot of smaller projects, that i never finished. Im polishing those right now and ill be posting more later. I think builder battle II and III will be posted soon.
    Frozenepic Maybe if the players get wood after each wave it would balance it some more a bit. I mean if its hard to get wood if your defending near the Titan...
    dmetrosuper it never starts

half screen black
    and rehost
    again half screen black so wtf is this
    Glen654
    File Author
    Oh, i know that error.
    I have encountered it 2 times before, but not with this scenario. I have no idea what causes it, or how to fix it, but its not a problem with this scenario.
    Tasterix
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability4.0
    Balance4.0
    Creativity4.0
    Map Design2.0
    Story/Instructions3.0
    Playability: 4
    Well, let's rate this ! Okay there is just one thing I wanted to say about this map because most of people seems to ignore what is actually a decent and nicely made scenario. Not because the average TD scenarios are always the same (made by Dieux_Flippsi then edited many, many times), that you have to do it again and again. I have downloaded almost 10 different maps of this version which is actually too much (Gold edition, version 3, 4, with "+" around, with medusas, with manticores...) This Tower Defense Revolution is actually, indeed, a revolution, and you gotta stop hosting all those different stuffs that are all the same. Hosting this one will ends all the mess. Everything changes such as the way our enemies reach the defending spot or the way we need to build tower. The playability is much more enjoyable and you don't have to travel by sky passages or get your villager near the tower to build it. The playability deserves a 5. But sometimes the atlantean villagers get stuck or wasn't going perfectly where we wanted to... So.

Balance: 4
    No flaw saw here but I'll just get away one point because of only one thing. Actually, when you play this game, all goes well. You build towers, and the more waves you go, the more it's difficult. You'll have to play it many time to find a good working strategy and being 4 players instead of 6 makes it more easy to get some kills. Usually, in others TD, 6 players share the entiere map, and the last one who places his tower gets less kills and can't do anything at the final part, this is why it gets impossible. In this one, 4 players share more than 5 spots and they can easily get kills. The various of different strategy is infinite and each one has its flaw and its benefits. But the only thing I'm frustrated on is the "Next Waves System". Putting 2 old men was actually a good idea in theory. But in the practice, it's a pain in the ass to have a good synchro between players. And the game just needs a few noobs to mess up and spamm units all over the terrain till it finally gets impossible to finish. Selecting next wave : Yes. With old men : No ! You should have add a vote system and let more than 50 percent of the players be able to go through waves.

Creativity: 4
    I wanted to put a 5 here but... I removed 1 point because it was not entierely new. But anyway, the triggers you used to make people place towers was just amazing. When I played Shrome and V3 editions of TD, I always told to myself "God damn we need a scenario that mix up with these 2 maps". You actually did exactly what I wanted and trust me I'm not the only one here. This is just amazing, you made me enjoying all of your maps even if they has flaws. The gladness we have by playing them and the jocosity it gives us is so great that we forget about the little glitches that you forgot to fix and the flaws that are sometimes hard to fix (villager getting stuck). You changed the building towers system, you changed the points rewarding system, you changed the way that our enemies spawn, you changed the towers able to build, you changed the next waves system, you changed the upgrades system... I can say you made an entiere new map. Tower Defense was already made, but never equaled at this point. (Not giving you 5 because it's still a TD and this kind of building tower was already present in Shrome edition)

Map Design: 2
    GOD DAMN IT ! All I want to do is just keep going with these 3 words : God. Damn. It. What the hell are you doing with the eyecandy man ? Are you bored or something when you make your maps. I was hoping for some different areas or enlarged nice trees that makes us feel it's a crazy land, or something, I don't know. Something different than we've already seen before. But no ! I will have to eyecandify your map by myself if you keep doing those cornered paths and these one-templated textures. No eyecandy, no details, just some corridors that strangely reminds me of a candlestick. Well at least this weirdness is inspiring me, and I actually see what is the map : We are antibody and we must kill antz before they reach the baby that is holding a candlestick... Isn't it ?

Story/Instructions: 3
    This is hard to review, haha ! How could I review the Story part of your map. There is none. But I think you could have add something fun and original. Without taking players into an absolute delirium, I think you could just let them defend a fortress as some warriors. I know this isn't original, but you put none effort on any storyline and i was expecting for something better than "Hello, you have to defend your Titan, good luck !" Eeeeeh... ? At least the instructions were actually fine, even if the objectives banner that explains everything is missing, it was easy enough to understand how the game works, so the instructions were fine. But there are some 10 years old players here on ESO and sometimes they don't actually get it, so we lose time by explaining them and I would like to answer them only thse few words : "Read Objectives". In your next maps/versions, try to improve your objectives banner by putting explanations or something. That would be surely better !

Additional Comments:
    So far it's probably the best Tower Defense I've played in AoM. I don't know how you're doing this but you are just overpassing the old designers with thoses maps, first Mutation, then Tower Defense, I'm scary ! What if you Make a Children of Memories 2 ? Damn you are making me pissing in my pants... Anyway, you called this map Tower Defense Revolution. Let me tell you something, this is actually exactly what it's saying : a Revolution.

Regards.

[Edited on 05/08/11 @ 07:08 PM]

BSU_DoLhades
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability5.0
    Balance4.0
    Creativity4.0
    Map Design2.0
    Story/Instructions4.0
    Playability: 5
    Alot to do and never run out of options! This is a fun and challenging game with a long list of what you can do! I have so far reached lvl 15 with 2 people as my best, and I keep coming back to play more! Perfect Marks!

Balance: 4
    Pretty well balanced! There are a few issues though, they are all minor. Due to 4 players it can be a bit too easy sometimes to win! I would suggest making the waves that tiny bit harder, especially the bosses!

Creativity: 4
    An old concept with alot of new stuff! In most cases its not a good idea, but here I say its a good call! You have added alot more, upgrading individual towers, making 12 towers compared to the usual 3, etc. Arguably one of the most creative Tower Defences on AoM

Map Design: 2
    Well, the map had a good layout, but, like the rest of the Twoer Defence series (Most anyway) There is a little something called Eyecandy missing, and to start a good place to improve would be the area around the Titan!

Story/Instructions: 4
    No story but some clear, precise and to the point instructions! I would suggest going into a little bit more detail on placing units, and the fact that you have to hit ready every time at the start of a game, I have had to explain that countless times!

Additional Comments:
    Overall a great map!

I really see your maps have begun to get good Glen! Good Luck in the future!
    Monebags This is probably one of the best Tower Defence games I have played. However, at the Minatour level, I literally think that part is a little too hard. Going from enemies that have around 5000 hp to around 25000 hp is actually really really hard. I have yet to beat it. Any tips on beating that level?
    CERBERUS CLH can't win

[Edited on 12/04/11 @ 02:58 PM]

BSU_DoLhades Cerebus please expand your review to say what was good and what was bad.

And it is possible to win, as I have done so.
    Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
    Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
    Forgot password?
    Rating
    Breakdown
    Playability4.5
    Balance4.0