Author File Description
Larmir
File Details
# of Players: 2
Version: AoM
Larmir's Soccer Scenario
by Larmir(aka EO)

Description
This is a three minutes long soccer scenario that is designed to be played in multiplayer. Each player controls a team of Mountain Giants that are the players and they must kick the dwarf in the opponent's goal to score. After three minutes, the team with the most goals wins.

All you have to worry about is your score. The rest is handled by the scenario itself.

This scenario is trigger-heavy, so at the very beginning, you might encounter a second or two of lag caused by triggers. It also uses TwentyOneSource's custom variable triggers to count the score.

To play in multiplayer, set the two last players to one of the AIs(any). The first two slots are for the players.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Night_blade this is fun to play! it's funny how the dwarf gets kicked around. message to people reading this: DOWNLOAD THIS NOW! the only bad thing is that it lasts 3 minutes.
CheeZy
(id: CheeZy monkey)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
Dwarf Soccer is awesome :) It's very fun and straight-forward, even a little humourous watching a dwarf being kicked accross a soccer field. This is a very fun scenario, not increadibly fun, but a great deal funner than most scenarios.

Balance: 4
The scenario is balanced alright, theres nothing wrong with it, a player doesn't have any advantages over the other for example. With balance however I'll throw in bugs. There are a few bugs with this, like if you kick the dwarf to early (before the triggers fire) it'll die, and very rarely a dwarf will get stuck in the black rock terrain behind the goal. Besides that I didn't find anything. The triggerwork was good and even moved the ball if it would get stuck in corners and such.

Creativity: 5
There has never been a scenario done like this, which is why this gets a clean 5 out of 5 on creativity

Map Design: 3
This map obviously wasn't meant to be pretty or anything like that, so since it wasn't meant to be vibrant in map design I'm not going to bog down the rating. Normally I would give this a 4 so as to average with the other ratings, however I think that the map design could be improoved abit, like add spectator stands and define the goal box, things like that.

Story/Instructions: 5
It's pretty straight forward like I said, play it like a game of soccer, thats obvious. Messages are given out to players when they score and instructions are given at the start, you can't get confused playing this game.

Additional Comments:
A very original peice of work :) I think everyone should play it, and best of all a game is only 3 minutes so you won't spend half your weekend playing this.
Socvazius
(id: Angel Socrateius)
This has got to be one of the most fun ideas for a map on AoM so far. I mean, who would've thought of Dwarf Soccer? None other than EO, clever guy :-)

I still think it's hilarious to see those little guys fly in the air constantly, heeeheeeheee.
Bad_Boy4Ever Playability: 4
Playability is great. Could be a little faster.

Balance: 5
No comment.

Creativity: 5
Very creative designs. Could not be better in creativity.

Map Design: 4
The map could be a little shorter.

Very basic instructions and good.
Additional Comments:

This scenario is awsome as well as funny.

If you havent downloaded this yet down load it NOW!

[Edited on 04/16/04 @ 10:31 AM]

Titanomachy485
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
Very fun the first jillion times, but it gets kind of boring after a while.

Balance: 5
Perfect balance. Everyone has the exact same number of units.

Creativity: 4
Very creative.

Map Design: 3
Could use some eye candy like CheeZy said, but very good all the same.

Always helpful, can't get anyting but a 5.

Additional Comments:Worth a download, definately, and very fun.

[Edited on 09/29/04 @ 08:12 PM]

Mythic_Night109 hey people, this is a kool game, download now, its also funy lol, but try to make the game longer!hehe
Wakain aw man!!! I wanted to make that too.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.5
Creativity5.0