Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » AoMH Pretty Town Cinematic Design Contest Winning Entry

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AoMH Pretty Town Cinematic Design Contest Winning Entry

Author File Description
PhatFish The scenario contains a beautiful town which has been very nicely designed. The objects in the town are in perfect place and this should prove a really good example to people wanting to design good maps. The cinematics gives us shots of the town as a tour. It was the most impressive entry I saw in the PTCDC and hence the winner.

- Kumar Shah (AOMH Downloads Admin)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
I really don't know wheather it was a pretty town design contest or a pretty town cinematic contest since at the time i didn't had aom. anyway, if it was a pretty town design contest, then this scenario really worths of a first place. Very good eyecandy. no doubt about it. There were some really good ideas on map making. it really worths a first price on map design as well as creativity.

-The short camera track at the beginning was very well made. you used some animations as well as good dialog. i didn't see any spelling errors.

-very nice effects. such as render snow and eyecandy

however, i found some problems:

-Cinematic Lagged really bad. it was sort of boring the way you decided to show the Town with camera cuts instead of camera tracks. but since it was such a large Town, i think it was best suitable to use camera cuts. otherwise, if you would have used camera tracks, it would have lagged even more.

-Another thing, once you play this scenario, the cinematic will not abort. you should have included a trigger which allows the player to abort the cinematic specially on a long cinematic such as yours. In my opinion, this cinematic was too long. i watched the entire cinematic and it took about half and hour to the cinematic to finish.

-Another big problem, no interactive environment oncesoover. few units were actually doing something. Most of the units were just standing there doing nothing. there was no action during the cinematic.

-If is a cinematic, you shouldn't really show the black borders like you did on few camera cuts. it didn't look properly. you should have put render sky and changed the camera cut angle to show the sky.

-The ending was just horrible. the last camera cut just shows the Son of Osiris and Arkantos back where they were before. and it takes about 4 or 5 seconds for the game to end. and during those five seconds, i was able to move arkantos which is not a very good thing. there was actually no proper camera cut ending.

-Last dialog which was made by Son of Osiris was kind of okay. but you should have really disabled the dialog by adding a dialog after Son of Osiris Dialog with the two PERIOD(:). it wasn't a really good idea to show the last dialog for the entire cinematic of about half an hour. after Son of Osiris says his last dialog, there is no more animation, or dialogs.

I think you should have got second place. I would rather see a small map with some eyecandy, good cinematics and dialogs. i'm not trying to say that your map was bad made. you really make better maps than i do. i'm just saying that this map shouldn't really be worth of a first price. I think the second award winning of the pretty town contest should have got the first place.

[Edited on 12/24/03 @ 01:28 PM]

PhatFish
File Author
Thanks for your comment.

[Edited on 08/19/14 @ 01:22 PM]

Auron_
(id: auron 2)
LOL! i made that comment a really long time ago.
you sure took along time to answer:P

actually, its been about a year, things change. maybe you know more, maybe i know more, ETC.

i never thought you would answer to my old reply! LOL

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,832
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:823.42 KB