You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2 Gameplay Help & Strategies
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Please help me defeat the "special scenerio" in the life campaign
posted 04-29-03 03:38 AM EDT (US)   
I've been having a bit of trouble finishing the special scenerio (a.k.a the 3rd lvl of the life campain). I never seem to be able to kill off Yaka's "super" hero, with it's 20 def and 20 magic resist, before it capture's Glaydenne (the primary town I'm suposed to defend). As though Yaka's God-like hero wasn't enough, I also have to constantly fend off attacks from Mab and Neckron. If anyone has some good stratagies for this scenerio I would appreciate the help.

May the purple gnome that lives in your ass always be healthy.

Replies:
posted 04-29-03 09:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Yaka's Superhero was a bit tough so bringing a couple of your druids to entangle him and use your own high level hero (you should have at least one by Life3) and spell to finish him off--once his is killed Yaka would break his alliance with Nekron.

Explore underground and find the entrance into a secret chamber--you will get some free units (unicorns, Fairy, and Waterdancer) and once you enter that chamber Mab would break alliance with Nekron. Mab is pretty weak and only has one city underground.

Undead does not have that many cities either and you can push your frontline closer to Nekron by rebuilding that razed city.

The tough part is taking out Yaka--he is located in an isolated part of the map so he'll have lots of units defending him. You'll notice the only units he sends toward your are Manticores (flyers).

Good luck.

posted 04-29-03 09:26 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Fun note: If you kill that hero, you can bring him back with resurrect hero, and because he's neutral, you can get him. He costs about 1000 gold though, so you need to be somewhat rich. I ended up rampaging over the map with him + my 3 heros from life 2.
posted 04-29-03 12:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
I got ancient armor (gives physical immunity) from the Ancient Ruin from north. I equipped one of my heroes with it and he killed Yaka's superhero easily

If I'm not mistaken, you could get a Fairy Dragon for 0 gold in the South. Also try to capture the elven town in south-east early to get extra gold and mana income.

posted 04-30-03 02:14 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Thanks to everyone for the advice... I went ahead and got the ancient armor and took a hero along with a couple druids for the hell of it, and killed Yaka's hero without a problem. Thanks again.

Remember to never forget the memories you don't have.

posted 05-04-03 07:20 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
You can just raze the town you're supposed to protect, than it can't be captured.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2 Gameplay Help & Strategies » Please help me defeat the "special scenerio" in the life campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames