You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hall of Wonders - Role Playing & Creative Writing
Moderated by ChowGuy, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Prancing Pony Inn
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
posted 09-08-02 10:48 PM EDT (US)   
WELCOME ONE AND ALL to the Prancing Pony Inn and Tavern. Farman has taken the coin Rugo so generously paid him and after a few renovations, is open for business. What type of business? Glad you asked!

Here Newbies, Players, GM's and Storytellers may gather to raise an ale and a song to old adventures while also plotting new. Or put another way, your one stop shop for Q & A, good times and sharing ideas.

Here Farman welcomes Newbies and their questions, he's been around and seen a lot, so he can probably help you out or point out someone who can.

GM's, Players and Storytellers, if you'd like to try out a new character or story idea, come on in and discuss it with friends - maybe get a new thread going. We can always use new ideas.

Just keep in mind to keep it civil, folks. Farman also has a very stout club behind that bar! (I hear he's named it "Kiss of the Cherub".)

By the way ... Ale on the House for all GM's! Newbies get the watered down version until we see how well they stay on their feet.

[This message has been edited by Kaji (edited 10-05-2002 @ 11:45 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-08-02 10:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2500  
oooo! A new pub!

*Sets up in corner booth*

Nice place. Have to invite Twoblades down here. Don't suppose Farman can get her pie recipes?

[This message has been edited by ChowGuy (edited 09-08-2002 @ 10:54 PM).]

posted 09-08-02 10:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2500  
He might, if someone asks her REAL nice.
posted 09-08-02 11:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 2500  
Hello. Can I get a nice mug of ale here?

Bluecollarheaven
"Where there is imagination, the possibilities are endless."
Age Of Wonders 2 Heaven | AOW2H Scenario Designers' Hall
posted 09-08-02 11:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 2500  
Anytime! For you the Special tap, on the House! Farman insists.

Oh yes, almost forgot ... something was mentioned about pie recipes? (Points to corner booth.)

[This message has been edited by Kaji (edited 09-08-2002 @ 11:17 PM).]

posted 09-08-02 11:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 2500  
wow nice!

One gets to listen to all these stories and enjoy a nice drink. Excellent!

Great stories you guys are running. I have yet time to read them all unfortunately. But I will eventually.

Bluecollarheaven
posted 09-08-02 11:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 2500  
Thanks! Please feel free to stop in anytime and share a few of your own tales and experiences too. We can all benefit from veteran campaigner's advice and stories. Another ale?
posted 09-09-02 01:11 AM EDT (US)     7 / 2500  
Very nice, very nice indeed! The stained glass is a nice touch, although the bard in the corner could use another drink.

: orders some pie and a glass of milk :

do they serve doughnuts here?

posted 09-09-02 01:23 AM EDT (US)     8 / 2500  
It's a pub Draco! Not some milk bar......I think......if so, can I have some milk too?
posted 09-09-02 01:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 2500  
is that frodo in the corner?...
posted 09-09-02 02:12 AM EDT (US)     10 / 2500  
Milk... here's you go. *hands them an empty mug* I've finish my ale. The cows are outside. lol :P

Ale, and I want a jug full this time.

Bluecollarheaven
posted 09-09-02 02:50 AM EDT (US)     11 / 2500  
Ale it is! Farman's special barrel, rolling out just for you!

Donuts - oh, yes ... those holy things, look like little halos with sprinkles on top? Halfling in the back's working on 'em now. Chocolate, maple cinnamon, and something he calls Dunk'um's.

Oh, and milk ... it's the udder tap.

Enjoy!

Ok, where's that bard ....?

posted 09-09-02 02:59 AM EDT (US)     12 / 2500  
Almost forgot ... pie specials for the week: French Apple, Pecan, and Double Dutch Chocolate Cream with Coconut shavings.
posted 09-09-02 05:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 2500  
Aye, this is better than old Twoblade's Tavern.

A promising new inn
for rest and for a song
what better way to settle in
than the Prancing Pony in Wonder's Hall!

An ale, ale!
but if you want some milk
It's udder's tap, so freshly filled!

Dragon spirited fighting men
old wolf, white angel, and other friends
Fill the halls with laughing noise
Men and women dance and sing with joy!

An ale, ale!

Adventure, a quest, or a battle fought
victory defeat or a draw
Sing your song and tell your tale
in a tavern filled with good food and ale!

An ale, ale!

Bluecollarheaven

[This message has been edited by Bluecollarheaven (edited 09-09-2002 @ 05:47 AM).]

posted 09-09-02 07:43 AM EDT (US)     14 / 2500  
Ale makes your breath stink.

- All you need is love -

The Wizards of Creation

posted 09-09-02 08:06 AM EDT (US)     15 / 2500  
That's why I always bring mints.

Bluecollarheaven
posted 09-09-02 01:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 2500  
Our Opening song! Bravo! *claps* Thank you, Blue. More ale here!

*Farman notes sticky status, nods and polishes the bar* Wow, we're official.

Farman has heard from a traveller from the Book of Wonders that Emperor_Bone14, or EB14 as we know him in the Zalathar Chapter 2 thread, is working up a possible new world. He's posted the History of Therin. Check it out and maybe EB14 would be willing to share with us some of his ideas for this new world.

Farman's seen lots of adventurous types around these parts, and wouldn't mind a bit if some adventurers were recruited and tales were worked up over some ale here. There's a lot of talent and veterans in town who could help with a bit of advice, or tell a tale or two. So bring in your ideas. He even has a large table all set up near the fire for it. *points* Half price on extra large pitchers of ale and pie for all parties working up new story threads!

posted 09-09-02 03:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 2500  
Cool, Farman, I love what you've done with the place. The stained glass windows sure have attracted the upscale crowd. I just hope nobody falls through the roof. Now get me an ale!

I'm specifically crafting Therin for Roleplaying purposes . So far I have the basic world geography and a few races, but there's a lot more to come. The roleplay will focus on a brave band of adventurers who must take down the Queen of the Red Tower, and a sizable portion of her armies . I'm hoping that I can make Therin something truly extraordinary, or in any case a fun world to roleplay in. Well, anyway, that's my two cents.

*Starts to walk to the fireplace until a fat Halfling falls through the roof on him*

ARG! MY SPINE!

posted 09-09-02 05:57 PM EDT (US)     18 / 2500  
Ow.

Anyway, I finished the History of Therin, so go there and read it! Tell me what you think. I am planning to turn it into a roleplay eventually, so tell me if you like it or not.

posted 09-09-02 06:14 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2500  
Here Draco you an have one of mine *hands over a freashly baked BTOOIC doughnut*

cloudstrife726 "the marching one" 38th member of BTOOIC

posted 09-09-02 07:06 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2500  
*Quietly puts burglar bars over stained glass windows. On the inside.*

Wouldn't want anyone getting thrown through these.

posted 09-09-02 07:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 2500  
FARMAN: Here now! What's this ... Halflings falling thru the roof? We just repaired this place! *grumble* What is my donut chef doing on the roof?

HALFLING: I was just looking for heavenly inspiration for some new 'halos' donuts, sir.

FARMAN: You've got heavenly inspiration, sitting right there at the tables waiting for their donuts. Can't you see Angel Draco's been waiting? And there's Angel Bluecollarworker over there too - after that song what more inspiration could you need?

HALFLING: *looks at Blue* Oooooo! *bemused smile, tiny wave* I'll ... get right on it, Farman. Um, sorry 'bout that, EB14. Thanks for breaking my fall there. Donut?

FARMAN: Here now, Ale on the house for that one, EB14. Fool Halfling. Can't beat Halflings for chefs, tho. Now then, where did that Dwarven engineer go? I bet he could fix this roof. What was his name again ... oh, yeah ... Thrain!

posted 09-09-02 07:19 PM EDT (US)     22 / 2500  
Don't worry about it Halfling. The only thing broken in that fall was my rib cage. And my skull. And my spine.

*Takes ale from Farman and drinks it in one gulp*

*Takes donut from Halfling and eats it in one bite*

More please!

posted 09-09-02 07:30 PM EDT (US)     23 / 2500  
*shakes head and fetches Elquein's milk*

Have a seat over here, out of the way my Lady. Mind your wings, they don't seem to have finished the construction yet.

posted 09-09-02 07:41 PM EDT (US)     24 / 2500  
Why thank you dear. Seems like you are the only one with manners around here.

- All you need is love -

The Wizards of Creation

posted 09-09-02 07:48 PM EDT (US)     25 / 2500  
*Lurches drunkenly after his twelfth ale* 'Ere now! 'Oo wants to sing? I'll do the first lines, someone else who's drunk enough pick it up!

"The Inn of the Prancing Pony,
Can't be beat for ale or wine or beer,
And it's been beaten for e'rything else, I hear,
'Cuz there's holes in the roof of stone-y..."

posted 09-09-02 08:48 PM EDT (US)     26 / 2500  
Farman can be heard yelling from the back. "What helpful fool brought the COW in? Out! It goes out back!" *mutters*

Hm. Well anyway, here's a full plate of Dunk'ums, along with some chocolate and maple cinnamon donuts. The Halfling even put these tiny white coconut wings on them for you. Hope you enjoy! Ah, and a slice of pie. Since you didn't specify, Angel Draco, we brought out all three.

Queen Elquien, sorry about that wait. We'll try to improve, but the udder truth is the Halfling's still separating the rest of the milk from the cream. We'll get you a pitcher right out soon as it's done. Ah, here it is now ... and he even included strawberries with whipped cream. Enjoy!

Ale for the song! Here you are EB14, a large pitcher to whet that whistle, and some more donuts to go with.

Wow, BTOOIC donuts too. Heard about those. Thanks cloudstrife726, want to swap some recipes with the Halfling in the back?

posted 09-09-02 09:14 PM EDT (US)     27 / 2500  
Fa'man me pal, c'mere...I wanna buy a round a' drinksh fa all my buddiesh here. You guysh ah the greast, geat, greatest? HEy, ya awnna, wanan, hear a storyy? Iz funny. There was this-*falls asleep and spills three pints of ale all over an Elf*
posted 09-09-02 09:30 PM EDT (US)     28 / 2500  
Sorry there.

Anyway, now that I've mysteriously sobered up, I'd like to announce that I'm going to post the OOC recruitment thread for the "Gathering of Heroes" Roleplaying thread this week sometime. It will use the world of Therin as the enviroment. "Gathering" will be the first of several chapters, no more than three or four. If anyone's interested, and hasn't already read the History of Therin, please do so. The adventure will start when I've gathered at least five people, however long that takes. Further story discussion will take place when I get around to posting it.

*Leaves tavern to thunderous applause coming from nowhere*

posted 09-09-02 09:44 PM EDT (US)     29 / 2500  
Hm, a new adventure beginning soon! *cheers* Great! Adventurers, be sure to stop by the tavern for plenty of ale and provisions before you go!

A suggestion, if I may EB14. You've got this big world with enough for several adventures ... consider a bit of an open ending, maybe the Queen's main henchman could get away, or something. We have several veteran's here who I'm sure could make suggestions on different ways to do just that. That way we could all enjoy more adventures in Therin for many months to come!

posted 09-09-02 10:34 PM EDT (US)     30 / 2500  
Cheers to all! Farman get me an ice cold...WATER!!! Anyway congrats on the new thread eb14
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 84  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Hall of Wonders - Role Playing & Creative Writing » The Prancing Pony Inn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames