Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL GoM Reamtch (ER - TL)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-16-04 06:08 AM EDT (US)   
Rematch on GoM Duel map

Timelord - Merlin, nomads, earth, conqueror.
Evil Roc - Arthur, archons, life, explorer, anarchist, conqueror.

Replies:
posted 03-16-04 03:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 69  
Arthur Day 1.

The holy crusade is started. Today the resourses of the cave were harvested, tommorow forces will start exploration of the outer world.

posted 03-19-04 05:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 69  
Arthur Day 2.

Only scouting.

posted 03-19-04 07:23 AM EDT (US)     3 / 69  
Merlin - The first three days

The nomads venture onto the surface to be greeted by strange worlds...so different from the deserts we are used to.
It took a while adjusting, especially to learn that in this world, there are some people who are stronger than us and don't mind showing that off.

may the next few days bring better fruits for a day's work.

----
Turn sent

posted 03-19-04 08:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 69  
Arthur Day 3.

Today fast brave holy warriors reached friendly archon town. Had to defeat defenders, but at least Chanta got lots of valuable experience.

Production resourses were captured too and added a useful building (althought not as useful as in previous game )

May be I have to build some saints, divine gift of power to resurrect people returned to them they say.

posted 03-19-04 11:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 69  
Arthur Day 4.

All roads are examined and scouts reported races and defences of three nearest towns. Two of them are inhabited by spawns of darkness, but third is more promising. Forces are sent to capture it.

posted 03-22-04 02:58 AM EDT (US)     6 / 69  
Two towns were added to my realm...
posted 03-22-04 06:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 69  
Arthur Day 5.

Very unfortunate day.

posted 03-22-04 10:42 AM EDT (US)     8 / 69  
Arthur Day 6.

Trying to improve the situation after yesterdays failures.

posted 03-22-04 01:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 69  
Arthur Day 7.

Very bad feeling - I'm loosing momentum.

posted 03-23-04 09:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 69  
Ooops..I updated the previous thread.

Trying to build more troops to build atleast a full stack that can support my heroes.

posted 03-24-04 04:01 PM EDT (US)     11 / 69  
Arthur Day 8.

My new rating 'weak' is no surprise... But I'm working hard to improve the situation and made some progress already.

posted 03-25-04 11:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 69  
Ratings are a fool's gauge sometimes.

If you had a look at my rating and the actual troops and cities I have, it would make you less concerned about your rating.

I fear I am having terrible bad luck for three turns in a row. I hate those damned halfling slingers.
But since my opponent also seems (?) to be having bad luck, its ok. Though that wily fox might be trying to fool me.

posted 03-25-04 03:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 69  
Arthur Day 9.

Scouts reported today lockation of new village. It is inhabited by friendly syrons and defence is not heavy. If I capture it without further surprises situation will be almost under control

posted 03-26-04 11:24 AM EDT (US)     14 / 69  
The situation cannot get worse from here, proved by events of today when my hero defeated an elite peasant (I have never seen an elite peasant till now ) with the help of two stoning spells.

Tomorrow looks rosier...lets hope it turns out to be true.

posted 03-26-04 12:34 PM EDT (US)     15 / 69  
Arthur Day 10.

Captured town that was scouted yesterday, and even avoided losses! Hurray!

Still everything is very slow. Normaly I had to reach that level of income/number of towns/etc two days earlier.

posted 03-26-04 06:50 PM EDT (US)     16 / 69  
ER, once in a while, the randomness of the map can turn against you too.

Turn received but not yet played.

posted 03-27-04 05:03 AM EDT (US)     17 / 69  
A village - heavily guarded - was taken without casualities. Atleast my gold income is good enough now...can start building more troops.
posted 03-27-04 11:34 AM EDT (US)     18 / 69  
Arthur Day 11.

Had some minor lucky encounters, but no towns were captured.

It was not the randomness of the map, it was the randomness of hit/miss and damage calculation And a bit of excessive self-confidence

posted 03-30-04 03:04 AM EDT (US)     19 / 69  
I figure my empire is now sufficiently developed to start producing cavalry.
posted 03-30-04 05:19 PM EDT (US)     20 / 69  
Arthur Day 12.

Lost a good unit in battle today, but reward is probably worth it.

Very important project was completed three days ahead of shelude! It will help. And I'm again average!

posted 03-31-04 12:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 69  
Our position is looking good so far.
In another few turns, will have better development in all my towns.
posted 03-31-04 01:33 PM EDT (US)     22 / 69  
Arthur Day 13.

Captured one more town, still no sign of Merlin.

posted 04-01-04 10:22 AM EDT (US)     23 / 69  
Moving north...and here again, so sign of Arthur.
I would have thought my arch-enemy played faster than this...something must have been seriously wrong.
posted 04-02-04 07:19 AM EDT (US)     24 / 69  
Arthur Day 14.

Now I see Merlin in diplomatic screen, but still no sign of his units. It is annoying - may be there is a spy operating?

Now you can read in my even thistory that Chanta perished on day 5 or 6. And she was not alone

posted 04-06-04 01:26 AM EDT (US)     25 / 69  
Well, I can see that holding the undead town will require you, Arthur. Watchtowers can always see more than the human eye.
But what about your hero and his companion?. Or the sprite and the avenger guard?.

Its going to be a merry battle, I think.

posted 04-06-04 04:41 PM EDT (US)     26 / 69  
Arthur Day 15.

In the north killed 4 level two minions of Merlin, loosing berserker and avenger in process. It will even the odds.

In the central area scouted enemy forces and decided to wait for more reinforcements.

Merlin is quite fast, war will not be easy this time.

posted 04-08-04 04:21 AM EDT (US)     27 / 69  
In the centre, the death of my soldiers were avenged without delay. Arthur himself was sent back to his tower and his hero along with 5 others were eliminated at the loss of 4 units. Still, my hero and elite elephant rider survived.
...and what a cache of items!!!

And the reinforcements - a lone avenger was sighted coming towards the centre. Will he turn back or does he have more cronies coming with him?.

That sprite is taking chances, I must say.

[This message has been edited by Timelord (edited 04-08-2004 @ 04:22 AM).]

posted 04-08-04 03:38 PM EDT (US)     28 / 69  
Arthur Day 16.

Not a very fortunate battle it was. Madde some not very clever moves today. Interesting, will Merlin decide to strike? Or better - where will he decide to strike?

posted 04-12-04 00:14 AM EDT (US)     29 / 69  
A disastrous day today as we failed to check the enemy's defenses before mounting attack. That bless and enchant weapon on the sprite should have been dispelled before the battle...alas! I didn't notice it. *kicks hinself hard*

Lost three units to that wretched sprite...and him with just 1 hp remaining.

Elsewhere, two of those avengers have retaken the dwarven village and my hero decided to wait for reinforcements.

posted 04-12-04 05:41 AM EDT (US)     30 / 69  
Arthur Day 17.

Yes, that spirit is my secret weapon and my real hero. Chanta who was killed by a dwarf crossbowman, Lilly, who was not capable of doing anything useful in recent battle where she fell - they are all weaklings. That sprite alone killed 5 or 6 Merlins minions and is ready to kill more.

He suffered heavy wounds in last battle, but I'm a life master. A couple of healing spells, and my champion is once again full of vigour. Tommorow he will kill more enemies.

In my own lands I had to remove my brave avengers. Enemy army is reinforced, and I afraid that he might get another minotaur tommorow.

posted 04-13-04 05:05 AM EDT (US)     31 / 69  
Better to live and fight another day than a suicidal attack.
And I can see those avengers have retreated - to meet up with more of their own.
posted 04-14-04 04:03 PM EDT (US)     32 / 69  
Arthur Day 18.

My spirit razed demon town to the ground. Well, it was not a surprise - syrons hate demons.

My avengers and paladins claimed the dwarven village on my side of the central valley. This time I'm going to keep it.

Generaly positions on all fronts are more or less stable now. Enemy's advance is stoped (I hope) and it's time to plan some campaign of my own.

Restart message - I've got a new PC now.

[This message has been edited by Evil Roc (edited 04-14-2004 @ 04:05 PM).]

posted 04-19-04 01:57 AM EDT (US)     33 / 69  
The spirit that razed the demon town was killed without losses. And the attack on the dwarven village failed miserably.
I kept 20 cp for the battle hoping that the AI would use Stoning - and it dispelled enchant weapon on the paladin. I felt like crying!!

Turn sent

posted 04-19-04 07:03 AM EDT (US)     34 / 69  
Arthur Day 19.

Couldn't hope for so fortunate outcome (not of battle, my forces were strong enough, but I was not expecting you to attack at all). Now all my items, as well as items of Kaskar are back in my hands.

Obviously because of sudden joy, I played this turn not good. Made some silly moves.

P.S. Restart due to new PC.

posted 04-21-04 01:19 AM EDT (US)     35 / 69  
That prowler surpassed himself, I must say.
And the rogue had to win, I knew.

Arthur again seems to be heading for the undead town and his dwarven minion is coming to rid us of our spy-tower. No fear, we shall regain it soon.

posted 04-21-04 08:25 AM EDT (US)     36 / 69  
Arthur Day 20.

Moving around, captured two watch towers from Merlin. Hunting for gladerunners, killed one and spoted another one, but failed to reach him.

In Merlin's rear my own spy claimed an unprotected village.

posted 04-26-04 00:39 AM EDT (US)     37 / 69  
Reclaimed the town stolen from me and tried to move my gladerunner as far as possible from those avengers.

Near Arthur's castle, captured a watchtower and noticed a paladin coming that way...to hunt that prowler, no doubt.

Forces are consolidating for the expected attack from Arthur...and plans for an offense on my own are taking shape.

posted 04-26-04 07:21 AM EDT (US)     38 / 69  
Arthur Day 21.

Prowler was hunted down by paladin and two berserkers. That is good.

In the south elven town was captured from Merlin, at a cost of brave berserker. Not much against four or five enemies slain.

P.S. Restart due to windows crush that happened several days ago and caused restarts in all my games.

[This message has been edited by Evil Roc (edited 04-26-2004 @ 07:22 AM).]

posted 04-29-04 00:55 AM EDT (US)     39 / 69  
Merlin -

Some setbacks in several directions...and that sprite is moving out now in the north.

My troops are heading in several directions to counter Arthur's different armies. Hope they are on time and are sufficient.

Turn sent.

I generated a restart. Don't know why. Might have downloaded the turn twice. Am not sure.

posted 04-29-04 03:37 PM EDT (US)     40 / 69  
Arthur Day 22.

Not much today. Making plans for future.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL GoM Reamtch (ER - TL)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames