You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Random Large, no little folk, FFA (Springheel, SteveB, SimonM)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 04-02-04 11:35 AM EDT (US)   
Large map, surrender off, 2 AI Lords, no short races (dwarves, goblins, etc).

Tempest: Springheel
Nekron: SimonM
Phobius: SteveB

Mindplaces: Fantasy art by Eric Pommer

[This message has been edited by Springheel (edited 04-03-2004 @ 05:38 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-02-04 11:47 AM EDT (US)     1 / 135  

Tempest, Day 1

This city on the shore is the perfect place to establish Draconian dominance in these lands. From my tower I can see much that is good. Storms have driven a ship ashore to the north, and the human paladin that joined us is heading there to explore it.

To the west, I can see two outposts, camped less than an hour's ride from each other. Orcs and Elves, mortal enemies. They shall forget their petty squabbles soon enough, and work together for the glory of the Draconian empire.

posted 04-02-04 05:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 135  
As I've not received the turn from springheel I assume SimonM is playing second. I'm listed second in the game title, and Simon is in this log. Just making sure this game doesn't stall waiting for a turn I haven't received.

Has the game been registered for the Wizards Ladder?

posted 04-02-04 05:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 135  

Sorry, Steve, I put that out of order...Simon is next in the mailing order from me.

I didn't register it as a WL game, since I don't really know how ffa games work on the ladder. I have no objections if someone wants to register it though.

posted 04-02-04 05:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 135  
No worries. I didn't want this game to go the way of Random47, due to you waiting for me to process a turn I haven't had.

I can't find SimonM on the Wizards Ladder list (though I could have missed it) so we can't register the game for the WL. You register FFA games the same as 1 vs 1 games. Points awarded depend on who defeats whom.

posted 04-02-04 06:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 135  
Nekron, Day 1
The sun sets for the living. Now it's the time for the dead. Actually, very little to report, visited a Rogue's hut (a wasted effort!), and picked up some loose stuff...

TS

On an aside, how do I register for the WL? Someone needs to be at the bottom :-)

[This message has been edited by SimonM (edited 04-02-2004 @ 06:09 PM).]

posted 04-02-04 07:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 135  

Follow the signup link here:
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=34,737,,60

It's quite easy.

posted 04-02-04 10:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 135  
OK ... I'm signed up on the WL... as the originator of the game, I assume you register it?

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by SimonM (edited 04-02-2004 @ 10:12 PM).]

posted 04-03-04 01:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 135  
Phobius

After recovering from the vertigo from looking out of such a high tower I sent my troops to establish a foot-hold in this new realm.

SimonM - can you please send turns to: blackgoat@corpusmundi.fsnet.co.uk
The Yahoo address has proved to be some what unreliable in the past. Thanks.

posted 04-03-04 02:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 135  
Hi Guys

I've registered the game.

SmionM - to sign up for the WL you have to do it here:

http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=34,737,,60

Though hiranu will probably still register you

posted 04-03-04 09:46 AM EDT (US)     10 / 135  

Tempest, Day 2

Mynar has explored the shipwreck and found a most useful magic ring. He has now turned back towards the elves and orcs. We will reach them in a few days time.

(I think I put your Yahoo address in when I made the game, Steve. I just copied it from the last game without thinking, sorry)

posted 04-03-04 10:07 AM EDT (US)     11 / 135  
Nekron: Day 2
Little to do but march to our targets...

TS -- restart due to playing turn from home.

posted 04-03-04 04:55 PM EDT (US)     12 / 135  
Phobius, Day 2

Found a useless magic item just beyond my city gates ...

posted 04-03-04 05:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 135  

Tempest, Day 3

Mynar is riding towards the elven outpost first. Our forces should reach it tomorrow. Meanwhile, my scouts are exploring as best we can. I am stepping into my summoning chamber in a few moments to call the great wind-riders to assist us.

posted 04-03-04 09:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 135  
Nekron: Day 3
We continue our foul progress, bringing both a furnace and a node under the shadow...

TS

posted 04-04-04 01:34 AM EDT (US)     15 / 135  
Phobius, Day 3

Useful resources helped to build up my city.

posted 04-04-04 10:14 AM EDT (US)     16 / 135  

Tempest, Day 4

A dusty human warrior rode into the city today. He offered me his sword, and told tales of the surrounding lands. I had been wondering what other wizards may try to impede my plans, and now I know something more. This nomad warrior left Sahira's lands to serve me, and he had also heard tales of the walking dead on a distant shore. The draconions have allied themselves with nomads before, but Sahira is not to be trusted.

posted 04-04-04 11:52 AM EDT (US)     17 / 135  
Nekron: Day 4
Once again I have found that I share this land with the living... I was surprised to discover one so close. Shall this one be at peace with me, or join me in death?

On the darker side, a hero joined my cause today. I also explored a crypt, and found a less than valuable "artifact"...

TS

posted 04-04-04 11:57 AM EDT (US)     18 / 135  
Phobius, Day 4

We should all embrace our darker side

posted 04-04-04 12:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 135  

Tempest, Day 5

My scouts have spotted numerous bands of raiders to the north. Orcs, dark elves, and others. It is very dangerous territory. We have also found enchanted items left scattered about. A scout found a magic ring on the finger of a dead human to the south, and in the heavily patrolled lands to the north, there is some kind of object on an alter. If my scout survives the night, which is unlikely, he will sneak down and retrieve it.

My two human champions interrogated the elves about what they knew of the surrounding lands, and were told of a dungeon to the north that held powerful, evil warriors. They travelled there and killed the elven guards, freeing two alien creatures. They have agreed to travel and fight with us. I have ordered the army to double their night watch, just in case.

posted 04-04-04 01:40 PM EDT (US)     20 / 135  
Nekron: Day 5
Dawn seeps into my realm, and I'm blinded by the light... A mechanical error costs me my strongest ally. I may have gained a death node, but... (I've lost a friend? I really should be punished for that! ).

And more bright news -- my old nemisis, Anon, is found... I shall eat his bones, yet again...

TS

posted 04-04-04 01:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 135  
Phobius, Day 5

Hmmm. These lands look as barren as a desert.

posted 04-04-04 02:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 135  

Tempest, Day 6

As I thought, my scout was killed by raiders before he could retrieve the object. My champions spent the day travelling towards it before I could order them back. I can summon a wind rider to snatch it up tomorrow. In the meantime, I have more important work for them to do.

posted 04-04-04 03:50 PM EDT (US)     23 / 135  
Nekron: Day 6
Little of note but some more marching. Peace with my neighbour is good... there are dangers enough to be faced...

TS

posted 04-04-04 04:20 PM EDT (US)     24 / 135  
Phobius

Halfling hero recruited from an inn.

posted 04-04-04 04:30 PM EDT (US)     25 / 135  
Tempest, Day 7

As promised, my great zephyr bird swooped down and snatched the enchanted shield from the alter. It is enchanted with the magic of the swamp.

From on high, I have spotted numerous tigran raiders in the north, as well as an outpost of dark elves in the swamp.

My scouts in the south have spotted the spires of Sahira's tower rising above the ridge of trees in the distance.

(This is more like it...barely three days and we're already further than I've gotten in any of my 4 player games)

[This message has been edited by Springheel (edited 04-04-2004 @ 05:09 PM).]

posted 04-04-04 08:26 PM EDT (US)     26 / 135  
Nekron: Day 7
A day that will live forever in infamy... Anon declares ware and kills my hero off scouting the north merely towards his realm, and then the wandering monsters kill off my hero in the south... sigh...

TS

posted 04-05-04 02:49 AM EDT (US)     27 / 135  
Phobius, Day 7

My scouting has come to a dead end thanks to a range of mountains. I guess I'll have to lose time back-tracking and find another rout

posted 04-05-04 04:36 PM EDT (US)     28 / 135  
Tempest, Day 8

My scout has discovered a human town next to a mountain range in the raider lands. I am hoping I can negotiate for their allegience...it would be costly and time-consuming to send an army so far through dangerous territory.

Sahira declared war, as I suspected she would, and killed my scout in her lands. She is violent and power-hungry. I will need to deal with her sooner rather than later.

(Btw, I have a fourth player available if you guys would like to start a 2v2 game that would have quick turns. I'd love to try a team game that actually progressed. You guys up for it?)

[This message has been edited by Springheel (edited 04-05-2004 @ 05:09 PM).]

posted 04-05-04 07:18 PM EDT (US)     29 / 135  
Nekron the Feeble: Day 8
Strength drains from me daily... However shall I recover now?!? Ah -- death shall overcome... I must hold onto that thought...

TS

posted 04-05-04 08:43 PM EDT (US)     30 / 135  
Hey, I hope you guys are on board...I got a little over-excited and created a 2v2 game.

The turn logs are at
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=25,2785,0,60

posted 04-06-04 05:36 PM EDT (US)     31 / 135  
turn sent.

The extra game surprised me. I'm okay to play though.

posted 04-06-04 07:09 PM EDT (US)     32 / 135  

Tempest, Day 9

My champions have taken a magic node from its defenders.

posted 04-07-04 08:59 AM EDT (US)     33 / 135  
Nekron: Day 9

Continuing to consolidate my holdings, and attempt to protect myself from the wandering beasties! :-)

TS

[edit] Restart generated due to playing at work...

[This message has been edited by SimonM (edited 04-07-2004 @ 09:03 AM).]

posted 04-07-04 12:09 PM EDT (US)     34 / 135  
Phobius

Continuing the long trek from the canyon....

posted 04-07-04 07:45 PM EDT (US)     35 / 135  
Tempest, Day 10

Raiders from the north have invaded my lands and are heading for my undefended outposts. I have had to turn my armies around and head back to teach the raiders a lesson.

posted 04-08-04 01:12 AM EDT (US)     36 / 135  
Nekron: Day 10

Still loosing ground to the indies?!? This must stop. I hope...

TS

Resend due to CPU switch. (If you'd like, I'll stick to one computer... let me know).

posted 04-08-04 11:42 AM EDT (US)     37 / 135  
Phobius

Sent some scouts into Nekron's territory. Looks like my scout will get in the way of some raiding independents ....

Has Nekron caused a restart in each of the last 2 or 3 turns?

posted 04-08-04 12:23 PM EDT (US)     38 / 135  

Tempest, Day 11

As I thought, both outposts were taken over by raiders. They planned to use them as a base of operations, but my army returned and slaughtered them all. We have put the orcish heads on pikes in the elven outpost and the dark elven heads in the orcish outpost. It seems good for moral.

In the meanwhile, my scouts have penetrated Sahira's lands. She has a number of strong armies roaming around. I must step up production to deal with her.

posted 04-08-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     39 / 135  
Nekron: Day 11

Finally laid the indies to rest... no reclaiming my due.

Hey, I didn't generate a restart this turn!

posted 04-08-04 03:09 PM EDT (US)     40 / 135  
Phobius

My scouts were missed by the independents, so its back to work for them ...

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Random Large, no little folk, FFA (Springheel, SteveB, SimonM)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames