You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Random Team Game (Bhruic & SimonM vs. Springheel & SteveB)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 04-05-04 08:40 PM EDT (US)   
Large Map, 2 AI Lords, Good vs. Evil, surrender off

(I created a random map in the editor but held a paper over the screen so I could only see the menu while setting the alliances. I have no idea if the allies are near each other, but hopefully everything works out.)

Nekron: Springheel
Yaka: SteveB

Anon: SimonM
Fangir: Bhruic

2 neutral AIs (Artica & Sahira), that must be taken out before warring with each other.

* Although if you guys agree, a version of this rule I've used with others is that you cannot attack anything flagged by a human player as long as the AI is in the game, but you can attack any units not on a flagged structure. This way, you don't have to sit back while enemy scouts explore all your territory . Would you like to use this varient?

Mindplaces: Fantasy art by Eric Pommer

[This message has been edited by Springheel (edited 04-05-2004 @ 08:48 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-05-04 08:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 140  
Fangir, Day 1:

Found and explored a camp near our city. The humans around the fire put up a fight, but were slain. The warrior dropped a strange shield that Ham thought made him look more imposing. We're chuckling behind his back, but we hope he keeps it. The enemy falling down laughing should make them easier to kill.

---

The rule sounds fine to me.

Bh

posted 04-05-04 09:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 140  

Nekron, Day 1

These lands...will fall before us like dying leaves. Not lightly do I rise from the rest...of the grave to walk these lands. Our living...enemies are powerful. Only one other wizard is willing to side...with us. Yaka would turn the world to ash. It suits us....

My faithful servents have taken an abandoned watchtower to the south. From there...they can see green lands in the distance. Joseph, who rose from his rest at my beckoning...rides north towards an outpost of the living. They have no business here...they will die, and join us. Let Yaka have...his desert lands...but we will strip the life of all else ere we find it.

posted 04-06-04 05:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 140  
turn sent
posted 04-07-04 09:04 AM EDT (US)     4 / 140  
Anon: Day 1

Little to report but some marching. Wishing for a couple of Dwarves or flyer right now :-)

TS

posted 04-07-04 09:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 140  
Fangir, Day 2

Ham stopped by a strange tree and picked some of the fruit. We mixed it into the evening stew. Everyone got sick, and we ended up having to run to get away from the smell. Covered some good distance tho'.

Mining expeditions have found veins of gold and mana crystals that we have harvested.

My brother-wizard Anon isn't alone in wishing for some flyers.

Bh

posted 04-07-04 08:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 140  

Nekron, Day 2

A good day...for the dead. Joseph slew the defenders of a nomad camp to the north. He has...begun to destroy every living thing inside. Soon...it will be...ours.

We have...also made contact with an allied town. In the years I slept, it has...lost its former glory. It is a shadow...of its former self...much as I am. But we shall both rise to power once again.

posted 04-08-04 11:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 140  
Yaka, Day 2

A new supply of gold captured. Hmm, is that Anon scouting the edges of my realm ...

posted 04-08-04 02:10 PM EDT (US)     8 / 140  
Anon: Day 2

Began the cleansing of my realm, migrating a foul orc hovel to my race. Spotted a scout from Yaka... so close to my realm? This is troubling, indeed...

posted 04-08-04 02:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 140  
Fangir, Day 3

Lost a few dwarves clearing an air node. Some pesky humans had taken over a mine, we removed them and started gold production.

Bh

posted 04-08-04 04:15 PM EDT (US)     10 / 140  

Nekron, Day 3

Archons. Our most loathed enemy. I had hoped we would not...have to face them so soon. But Anon is already attacking my ally...and close by an independent saint and his shield guard travel towards us...to "cleanse the land of evil" . We shall not...kill the saint and send him to heaven, but will keep him alive in unspeakable agony, eventually...driving him mad. I will make him a mindless servant for all eternity.

posted 04-09-04 10:21 AM EDT (US)     11 / 140  
Yaka

More resources collected.

posted 04-09-04 11:08 AM EDT (US)     12 / 140  
Anon: Day 3

It troubles me so to find Yaka's scouts so close to my realm... and no I've detected his aura too... he is close by...

TS

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here, but I did assume we were playing under Springheel's rule of not taking facilities, not complete immunity for units.

Restart generated because I'm at home...

posted 04-10-04 00:05 AM EDT (US)     13 / 140  
Fangir, Day 4

Another halfling showed up at our city to beg for our protection. We granted it to her, of course, but she now must work off our favour. We'll see if she is as entertaining as Ham.

Our scouts continue to chart new territory.

Bh

posted 04-10-04 09:30 AM EDT (US)     14 / 140  

Nekron, Day 4

We have no quarrel with the dark elves...but they would not give us the timber they guarded. We slew them and had the newly dead of Khuum use it to erect a barracade.

The work attracted the attention of a death lord...who has given us his sword. Soon...I will send both champions to deal with the saint.

posted 04-11-04 07:22 AM EDT (US)     15 / 140  
Yaka, Day 4

Building resources captured from dark elves.

The restart 'caused by Anon' was due to me playing my turn from springheel, then openning the map again after SimonM sent me the turn in error.

posted 04-11-04 01:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 140  
Fangir, Turn 5

Found an outpost of my brother Anon's people, and took over management.

---

Two things: Game crashed, so generated a restart.

But oddly, I a few of my units were gone when I started (unrelated to crash). My new hero and the unit I'd produced had disappeared. They were sitting in my city, so there's no way they could have died without me losing the city. And there are no messages about them at all (combat/dissertion/etc). They are just gone. Has something like this happened before?

Bh

posted 04-11-04 01:27 PM EDT (US)     17 / 140  
Nekron, Day 5

Little happened this day. Lost some scouts to dwarves.

--

I've never heard of units disappearing...try asking in the forum?

[This message has been edited by Springheel (edited 04-11-2004 @ 01:28 PM).]

posted 04-11-04 02:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 140  
Yaka, Day 5

A major fight with Anons forces won. A new hero joins my ranks.

posted 04-11-04 06:47 PM EDT (US)     19 / 140  
Sorry to say that I can't continue playing this game. For some reason the game crashes any time my mouse cursor passes over the land below my starting city. There appears to be some sort of map bug there, as the terrain randomly jumps between land, water, unexplored, etc. I tried to finish my turn 3 times, and each time it crashed when I tried to go to my city.

Sorry guys.

Bh

posted 04-12-04 07:15 AM EDT (US)     20 / 140  
Try getting Steve to resend the turn...maybe it got corrupted in transport. If that doesn't work, we could try getting your ally to try playing that turn, and see if it fixes itself by your next one. If that fails we'll just have to restart, I guess.

posted 04-12-04 09:17 AM EDT (US)     21 / 140  
I don't think that will work, I'm pretty sure that the crash from the previous turn was caused by the same error. It's also been theorized (by people in the bugs forum) that it and the disappearing units are both likely caused by corruption.

I'm willing to try replaying the turn, but I suspect a restart will be needed.

Bh

posted 04-12-04 09:49 AM EDT (US)     22 / 140  
Hi Guys

I send my turns for this game to SimonM. So it will be Simon that needs to do a resend. Having said that, if Bhruic has lost units through this bug then I think we should restart anyway!

posted 04-12-04 11:22 AM EDT (US)     23 / 140  
Ok, I have restarted the game (I forgot that I still had the map so we could restart the same game). First turn sent to Bhruic. Hopefully we don't run into that problem again.

posted 04-12-04 11:54 AM EDT (US)     24 / 140  
Fangir, Day 1

Ham was commenting on how eerily familiar everything seemed. Almost like deja vu. Except his new shield isn't as nice as the one he remembers.

Bh

posted 04-12-04 12:21 PM EDT (US)     25 / 140  

Nekron, Day 1

I have lived so many lives...yet this one seems oddly similar to the last. Except I knew much better spells then....

posted 04-12-04 12:42 PM EDT (US)     26 / 140  
Yaka

Boo. Hoo. My forces of fire have reborn as an ember.

posted 04-12-04 06:37 PM EDT (US)     27 / 140  
Anon: Day 1

Familiar, but the same... many lives, many changes... the wheel truly does turn.

OK -- What is the status of the house rules... Is it a free for all, or what? I had the distinct impression that Yaka was about to take an outpost from me in the last game. Fine by me, but can we get the rules straight?

posted 04-12-04 06:57 PM EDT (US)     28 / 140  
Fangir, Day 2

Re-scouting terrain.

---

My understanding was that you can attack other units, but not structures, until the AI are defeated.

Bh

posted 04-12-04 07:52 PM EDT (US)     29 / 140  

Added two outposts, again. Proceeding to slaughter nomads...again.

Yeah, we're playing that flagged structures of any kind are off limits until AI are gone. Armies are fair game though.

posted 04-13-04 10:25 AM EDT (US)     30 / 140  
Hmmm I wish I'd known the 'no flagged structures' rule at start!

[This message has been edited by SteveB (edited 04-13-2004 @ 10:29 AM).]

posted 04-13-04 10:29 AM EDT (US)     31 / 140  
SimonM

Yes I was going to attack the orc settlement you held last time. I did not know we had agreed to play by what are optional rules. If we are playing by the rule of not attacking flagged structures while AIs are still active I would like to restart this amp AGAIN!

My actions over the last couple of turns would have been VERY different.

posted 04-13-04 12:00 PM EDT (US)     32 / 140  
If we are going to do another restart, I'd like to vote for doing a new random map.

Bh

posted 04-13-04 12:24 PM EDT (US)     33 / 140  
Anon: Day 2

I have reconquered that orcish outpost, just ahead of a Tigarian Firecat...

Restart due to the move to the office...

I am ambilivent towards a restart, I certainly don't mind either way. If we do, I would prefer to re-reandomize... I don't mind the Archons, but loathe Anon

TS...

posted 04-13-04 12:25 PM EDT (US)     34 / 140  
Fangir, Day 3

Took air node again.

Bh

posted 04-13-04 02:38 PM EDT (US)     35 / 140  
I agree, we should play a new random map. One with no AIs.
posted 04-13-04 04:25 PM EDT (US)     36 / 140  
I played the turn before reading these...it looks like the consensus is to restart a new game, so I'll put something together. No AI this time, since it seems to complicate things.

posted 04-13-04 05:10 PM EDT (US)     37 / 140  
Ok, new game. WL Day of the Dead. Large map, surrender off, no AI. Undead vs the living.

Undead under Nekron: Springheel
Undead under Meandor: SteveB

vs.

Tigrans under Perses: Bhruic
Elves under Julia: SimonM

[This message has been edited by Springheel (edited 04-13-2004 @ 05:13 PM).]

posted 04-13-04 05:11 PM EDT (US)     38 / 140  
Nekron, Day 1

Together, my brother Meandor and I will clense the land of the living! We have already begun, killing the defenders of an earth node.

[This message has been edited by Springheel (edited 04-13-2004 @ 05:14 PM).]

posted 04-13-04 05:25 PM EDT (US)     39 / 140  
Perses, Day 1

Ah, the hot, dry wind of the desert blows through the city. My followers spread across the land. Already scouts have occupied a guard tower, and my warriors have siezed a foul demon outpost.

Let my sister have the damp, wooded lands, while I hold the deserts. Neither one shall we let fall to the denizons of the night.

Bh

posted 04-14-04 09:08 AM EDT (US)     40 / 140  
turn sent
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Random Team Game (Bhruic & SimonM vs. Springheel & SteveB)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames