You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: XL War (Springheel vs Narcissus X)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 05-24-04 03:48 PM EDT (US)   
XL Map with underground, 4 AI, two Lord, two Knight
Surrender off

Springheel: Nomads
Narcisuss X: Sahira

AI: Arianne
Mab
Julia
Perses

Mindplaces: Fantasy art by Eric Pommer
Replies:
posted 05-24-04 03:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 65  

Ke-nan, Day 1

We have set up camp in the midst of green fields. Quite different from home, but we will adjust. The local warbands of humans and demi-humans are violent, but not organized. We have already captured two furnaces and some stone for our new town.

We know other wizards moved west to these lands...I expect we will have to fight for them soon.

posted 05-24-04 05:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 65  
Sahira, Day 1:

After a long journey, we have finally established our new home. The area is tranquil and a good place to continue my research. Scouts are sent out to gather materials I will need to further my studies. Acquired a new slave and sent him out to see if we are alone in this land.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-24-04 06:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 65  
Day 2,

Scouts report a blasted wasteland to the east. We will avoid it for the time being. Several fire nodes surround our new home. I hope to recruit some troops to conquer them.

My main army has visited a shrine, and the Spirit of Order has given us a fairly simple quest.

[This message has been edited by Springheel (edited 05-24-2004 @ 06:36 PM).]

posted 05-24-04 08:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 65  
Sahira, Day 2:

Captured a mine today. A watchtower has revealed many key targets, though none to further my research. Another slave was made today giving us ranged ability.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-24-04 10:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 65  

Day 3,

A new hero joined us today, of a race we have never encountered before. We have heard stories of the resourceful frostlings, but they stayed far away from our desert cities.
The frostling led some troops against some dark elves. We killed them and freed the creatures they were experimenting on.

In the south, Thufir is continuing to explore. He is finding little, but his troops need time to heal anyway.

posted 05-24-04 11:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 65  
Sahira, Day 3:

Our army continues to expand, but now are coffers are drying up. With our new additions familiarity with the underworld, our next destination will take us underground. Hopefully gold or this mithral he goes on about, will be of some value to us.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-25-04 08:40 AM EDT (US)     7 / 65  

Day 4,

We have spotted an outpost near our capitol. The dark elves are getting bold. We will have to deal with them.

posted 05-25-04 08:49 AM EDT (US)     8 / 65  
Sahira, Day 4:

Began our underground exploration today, our guide has provided us with keen eyesight eliminating the risk of an ambush by foul creatures dwelling within these caves. Above ground, our sights are set on an Archon outpost and an Elven outpost.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-25-04 08:51 AM EDT (US)     9 / 65  

Day 5,

We have conquered the dark elf outpost and are exiling them from our lands. Elsewhere, Thufir has fought a clever battle and retrieved a minor magical item.

posted 05-25-04 09:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 65  
Sahira, Day 5:

Our journey underground will prove short as they have shown themselves to be barren. We now own an Elven outpost with our sites now on the Archon.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-25-04 10:28 AM EDT (US)     11 / 65  
The spirit of order has been most generous! In return for a simple task, it has gifted us a powerful magic shield. I have given the shield to Eklo, and expect great things from him because of it.

posted 05-25-04 11:27 AM EDT (US)     12 / 65  
Sahira, Day 6:

Our dwarf slave is proving himself quite useful, capturing a node all by himself. He has done great work in his scouting and must be rewarded. After the next outpost is captured, it will be time to se if we alone occupy these lands.

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-25-04 11:39 AM EDT (US)     13 / 65  

Eklo has led a successful assault against a fire node. I was worried that he would not be able to handle the heat, but we need mana. Thankfully, he was successful.

Elsewhere, we continue to explore.

posted 05-25-04 12:21 PM EDT (US)     14 / 65  
Sahira, Day 7:

Captured the Archon outpost and are in the process of migrating. Able to get a few key units healed up before we pursue node capturing.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-25-04 12:36 PM EDT (US)     15 / 65  

Thufir and his troops defeated yet another band of dark elves and have taken a watchtower. From there they report a vast range of dark mountains between us and the wastelands. These lands may be in worse shape than I thought.

Thufir has also spotted an outpost of undead on the edge of the wastelands, but he reports that his troops are too weary to take it until reinforcements can be sent.

posted 05-25-04 01:22 PM EDT (US)     16 / 65  
Sahira, Day 8:

Captured a fire node which has helped me further my research significantly. A unit stumbled upon a legendary Quest Stone, against my wishes he indulged. We have been sent on an easy task to clear out a Dragon's Lair......I hardly call killing a dragon easy. This may be a setup by the Nature spirits to claim this land as their own, but the rumored rewards granted by such quest stones may be a risk worth taking.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-25-04 03:32 PM EDT (US)     17 / 65  

Eklo's troops rested in a nearby inn, tending their wounds. They wound up in a fight against two drunken dwarves, but before they left they were visited by Elme, who was willing to join us. Apparently rumours have spread of our defeat of the dark elves. The elven healer will be greatly welcomed.

In the south, Thufir and his troops have conquered the undead outpost. They will have to spend some time there making it safe for habitation.

posted 05-25-04 04:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 65  
Sahira, Day 9:

On our way to the Lair, the troops capture a powerful catalyst which will allow me to help them in defeating the dragon.

Migration is complete, helping fill our very much depleted coffers.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-25-04 05:27 PM EDT (US)     19 / 65  
Thufir conquered another watchtower, but it does not show us much. We seem to be hemmed in by these blackened wastes. Perhaps we did not travel far enough before setting up our new home.

posted 05-25-04 05:59 PM EDT (US)     20 / 65  
Sahira, Day 11:

Nothing much reported from our scouts nor our heroes, our journey to face the dreaded dragon continues.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-25-04 07:56 PM EDT (US)     21 / 65  
Our troops have ventured into the wastelands. They have already spotted goblin raiders in the distance.

posted 05-25-04 08:33 PM EDT (US)     22 / 65  
We have managed to enslave a cowardly goblin, who has agreed to act as a guide in these wastelands.

posted 05-25-04 10:22 PM EDT (US)     23 / 65  
Sahira, Day 13:

The Spirit of Nature was very generous, I see the rumors were true, but we suffered alot of damage, hopefully we can find a place to heal.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-26-04 07:40 AM EDT (US)     24 / 65  
Sahira, Day 14:

Captives are being held in a dungeon, although it is weakly guarded, the injuries incurred in our battle with the dragon may prevent us from helping the victims......though we could always use more....SLAVES!

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-26-04 03:34 PM EDT (US)     25 / 65  
The wastelands are full of mountain passes that go nowhere. Travel is slow.

posted 05-26-04 10:47 PM EDT (US)     26 / 65  
Sahira, Day 15:

Found a place for healing, this will help our troops tremendously, now we can go free the captives.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-26-04 11:17 PM EDT (US)     27 / 65  

One of our chieftans has taken control of a mana node, and now he is on his way to rendevous with our main army.

Elsewhere, our goblin guide is revealing secrets of the caves to us.

posted 05-27-04 07:51 AM EDT (US)     28 / 65  
Sahira, Day 16:

Freed the captives, they are friendly toward us, their addition was timely seeing as how we lost our underground scout today.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-27-04 07:54 AM EDT (US)     29 / 65  
Continuing to explore.

posted 05-30-04 07:03 PM EDT (US)     30 / 65  

(I hadn't seen that turn you sent before, so that's why I wasn't sending the right one.

Thanks to our goblin guide, we are finding things of interest in the caves.

posted 05-30-04 11:27 PM EDT (US)     31 / 65  
Sahira, Day 17:

Scout survived an ambush overnight, aid is being sent to him. Time to form raiding parties and get back underground.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-30-04 11:28 PM EDT (US)     32 / 65  
Sahira, Day 18:

Sending reinforcements back underground, more gold is found.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-31-04 07:52 AM EDT (US)     33 / 65  
Thankfully the wastelands have an end. Are we alone in these lands?

posted 05-31-04 09:38 AM EDT (US)     34 / 65  
Sahira, Day 19:

Made contact with another wizard Perses is his name, this confirms that we are not alone. We will soon find out if he receives us humbly or harshly.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 05-31-04 10:13 AM EDT (US)     35 / 65  
After crossing the wastelands, my scout has spotted a nomad settlement in the distance. Perhaps they will join us. We could use some more citizens.

posted 05-31-04 11:06 AM EDT (US)     36 / 65  
The outpost was run by a willfull warlord, but once we disposed of him, the rest willingly joined us. And our question from yesterday has been answered. We are not alone. Near the outpost I can sense the domain of another wizard. Who, I am not sure. My scouts are going in to explore further.

posted 05-31-04 12:03 PM EDT (US)     37 / 65  
We have found the domain of Mab, queen of the goblins. There will be no peace made with them. We have launched an attack.

posted 06-01-04 12:56 PM EDT (US)     38 / 65  
Sahira, Day 21:

My incompetent scout party couldn't even capture a poorly defended outpost, they deserve just what they got!!

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 06-01-04 12:58 PM EDT (US)     39 / 65  
Sahira, Day 22:

Newly captured outpost rebelled, and my weak minded scout was seduced by a human harlet!!!! This has been a bad couple of days, we did capture a node today though.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 06-01-04 01:00 PM EDT (US)     40 / 65  
Sahira, Day 23:

Begrudgingly accepted peace with the Tigrans. Captured an outpost today, perhaps another tomorrow.

TS

GMT -5 (EST)

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » XL War (Springheel vs Narcissus X)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames