You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Lee Shore WL (Hiranu-Tibbs)
posted 05-27-04 10:23 AM EDT (US)   
Standard Map, Lee shore

Orc - Hiranu
Humans - Tibbs

Replies:
posted 05-27-04 10:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
THe invasion has started, but it doesn't go according to plan already. The humans have massive forces arrayed against us, and I need more scouts badly.
posted 05-27-04 10:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Wow.

Huge armies are approaching and our defenses are highly advanced. This will take some time to formulate a plan.

They call me MISTER Tibbs!

Sidney Poitier (In the Heat of the Night)1970

posted 05-27-04 03:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
Large battles today. We have lost our northern position but were able to maintain our southern hold.

posted 05-31-04 12:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Well, I'm all for calling this game null and void. This map was heavily balanced in my favour and you didn't stand a chance. I don't have the time right now but I'll give a little write-up later.

posted 05-31-04 01:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Looks like I have some spare time faster than I thought. This is the way I saw the map:

1. There were three main invasion points. North, central and south.
  2. I was fairly weak in the north but the town that was guarded didn't have any advanced buildings so whatever you had left in the army couldn't be replenished. Also, there were only to ways out. The road and by water.
  3. My main strength lay central and that was my best town. If you over-ran that one easily I would have been in trouble but the bulk of my army was there and most roads led to it so I could bring a lot of seige weapons quickly.
  4. I had no presense in the south except for a couple of elves. There was also no need to have any because there was only a draconian town that was under-developed. There was no way you could use that as a defensive stronghold.
  5. Overall, I started with a huge army of mostly seige weapons. Most were stacks of five with some scouts. Depending where you landed I could easily deploy them all at you along the roads. My heavily defended central region was also fast, which could hunt units dropped along the shore. I'm not even going to mention the 3 Wyrms. Basically, I started with more troops and was the only one offered recruiting sites. I have no idea what you were supposed to do even if you didn't have bad luck. My troops could weardown yours.

posted 05-31-04 06:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
I appreciate your offer to null outthe game, but I've won short victories before (usually due to the AI killing people) and one more loss won't hurt me.

I agree, this scenario is not weighted in the invadors favor. But I wanted to give it a try. Usually I disliek scenarios where we start with that many troops on both side.

So, shall we do someting else?

posted 06-01-04 09:23 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Definitely something else.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Lee Shore WL (Hiranu-Tibbs)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames