You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Solitude (Tibbs vs Dark Shadow)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-08-04 07:59 AM EDT (US)   
WL Solitude (Tibbs vs Dark Shadow)

Tibbs: Goblins
Dark Shadow: Archons

Random medium map
Underground
All average settings
2 AI set to Lord

Surrender OFF

Good Luck!

They call me MISTER Tibbs!

Sidney Poitier (In the Heat of the Night)1970

[This message has been edited by Tibbs (edited 08-08-2004 @ 08:05 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-08-04 08:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 45  
Mab of the Goblins,

For the first two days our troops have poured onto the battlefield and quickliy occupied all they could find. A watchtower and a furnace so far but there are two evil outposts nearby that would suit our purposes nicely.

posted 08-08-04 02:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 45  
Anon day 1 and 2

The supreme ruler of the Archons has set his foot deep in the mud of this land. The mission is clear - cleanse the soil from foul and evil forces.....and while we are at it, we are gonna loose Mab and her smelly minions

Lead on by Fredric the holy warriors begin to search the nearby grounds....and the kind Spirit of Nature has given us a task with some complications - should we take it or not?

Our lonely scout sees the first sign of Mab - lets prepare a welcome for her!

TS

posted 08-09-04 10:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 45  
Today the goblin armies got to play their favourite game- 'horsy on a stick.' It's not as much fun after a couple of wacks and it stops moving but it's still a great game. (the horse was branded with some wizard's name. Maybe we should have looked... Nah.)

posted 08-09-04 10:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 45  
Anon day 3

A very sad day....our lone unicorn was peacefully out scouting and was brutally killed by the smelly goblins. A countermove is being planned.

Fredric finished his quest today razing a watermill - alas the reward was not worthy and weīve chosen poorly this time.

posted 08-09-04 10:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 45  
More goblins have joined our rising empire: well, kind of. If you consider killing them all and then taking their town 'joining' then they have.

posted 08-09-04 04:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 45  
A new outpost was spotted today - its surely going to be under Archon control tomorrow....or the day after. Conquered a furnace, while being chased by savage indies:/

Met contact with Phoebius....wonder whatīs on his mind...

posted 08-09-04 04:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 45  
BTW - created a game restart again....I dont know whats happening. Iīm also playing some game using Climber mod - I donīt know if that is causing the problems.
posted 08-10-04 00:03 AM EDT (US)     8 / 45  
Almost lost a hero to some hell hounds. Off to the healer with him.

*restarts- I don't know much about mods but that might be the problem. I had a restart waiting for me when I opened the turn. It's only day 3 or 4 so it's nothing to worry about. (although I do recall SteveB having some kind of similiar problem)

*tried to find where I read about Climber's mod and restarts but I couldn't find it. must have been those voices in my head again.... something about run and sharp scissors...

[This message has been edited by Tibbs (edited 08-10-2004 @ 00:20 AM).]

posted 08-10-04 04:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 45  
Anon day 5

As we predicted the outpost is now saluting the Archon banner....unfortunately the catpeople - inhabitants of village - arenīt to pleased with our presence, and we have to migrate.

And if we are lucky weīll have yet another outpost tomorrow.

Our first contact with Phoebious was a disaster...he declared war and killed our lone scout - never mind. That was Phoebious first, last and only mistake.

------
Once again I had a restart message waiting for me

posted 08-12-04 03:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 45  
Anon (thinking about changing name to Morgan Freeman) Day 6

We were attacked today....Fredric and his holy companion were enjoying sunset and roasting marshmellows, when the Horn of Battle suddenly sounded. A group of Draconians charged the little town during the night - it was a true slaughter and I guess the indies will think twice before they attack again.

Besides that nothing happened

TS

posted 08-13-04 01:48 PM EDT (US)     11 / 45  
Anon day 7

Today we visited another town - unfortunately inhabitants once again were the fish-stinking catpeople....well, a good migration never hurt anybody (except my hungry, empty coffers)

TS

posted 08-13-04 08:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 45  
Mab has rallied the filthy little ones and they now march with pride. Useless independents that once threatened our keep are now dispatched and we are free to roam... and multiple.

posted 08-16-04 02:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 45  
Anon day 8

A couple of catmen-indies werenīt to happy with the fact, that Iīve taken one of their towns, and decided to attack me....I was victorius but the price was pretty high. Hopefully we can relax in this town for now.

TS

posted 08-16-04 07:18 AM EDT (US)     14 / 45  
A new orcish hero has joined our ranks today. He's big, brash and ugly. Perfect for the goblins.

posted 08-16-04 11:20 PM EDT (US)     15 / 45  
Today we took the opportunity to ambush the archon hero. He fought pretty well but it was too little.

posted 08-17-04 03:04 AM EDT (US)     16 / 45  
Anon day 9,

A couple of new units have arrived and its time to get ready for the goblins.

I fear something terrible has happened during the night

posted 08-18-04 00:34 AM EDT (US)     17 / 45  
Mab of the Goblins,

We have captured an archon outpost and have spent the day removing all the goody-two-shoes. This is boring. Maybe we should just burn it down?

posted 08-18-04 03:23 AM EDT (US)     18 / 45  
Anon day 10,

These times are very disturbing.....I was kind of surprised by the size of Mabs army....hopefully my strong units are capable of producing a surprise in the near future.

posted 08-18-04 03:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 45  
Burn the village! Mab says no. We say burn it! Mab says no. Then Mab summons rocks that hit us in the head. We don't burn it. Just sitting there and waiting....

[This message has been edited by Tibbs (edited 08-18-2004 @ 04:00 PM).]

posted 08-18-04 04:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 45  
Anon day 11

Desperate times calls for desperate actions

posted 08-18-04 06:58 PM EDT (US)     21 / 45  
A powerful group of indies have appeared by my capital. Reinforcements are called for.

posted 08-19-04 06:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 45  
The indies are approaching closer.

posted 08-20-04 03:25 AM EDT (US)     23 / 45  
Anon day something

Today I led a desperate attack against some very strong indies in order to recruit a strong mercenary....and it was a succes And with a minimum of casualties!

TS

posted 08-21-04 11:37 AM EDT (US)     24 / 45  
The fast elven indies continue to plague our lands. Short goblin legs just aren't made for chasing.

posted 08-21-04 02:33 PM EDT (US)     25 / 45  
Nothing much happened the last days...a bit of fighting without loosing any units
posted 08-21-04 10:28 PM EDT (US)     26 / 45  
Chasing troops that are double our speed. This ain't no good.

posted 08-23-04 02:43 PM EDT (US)     27 / 45  
The All-Devourer has entered the scene and looks hungry for goblin blood. The beast must be shown that some meals bite back.

Mab has valiantly led a crusade herself against the rogue elves and ended their existence.

posted 08-25-04 03:46 AM EDT (US)     28 / 45  
Another fight today.....will there be no end to all these fights.

Ran into a black spider - one of Phoebious minions. Alas my scout isnīt strong enough to take him out, and heīll hopefully leave me alone during the night.

TS

posted 08-25-04 10:50 PM EDT (US)     29 / 45  
The shadow demons have sent an entire army into our lands. We must regroup and combine our forces to ensure they never return to their realm. That, and we're too lazy to chase them.

posted 08-26-04 03:06 AM EDT (US)     30 / 45  
Anon

The black spider was unfortunately to strong for my scout

And then we saw some of Mabs troops running around in our grassland....what to do

posted 08-26-04 03:17 PM EDT (US)     31 / 45  
just boring movement....back to the olympics
posted 08-26-04 11:25 PM EDT (US)     32 / 45  
Walking troops around archon land to see if there's any stuff to burn.

posted 08-31-04 00:50 AM EDT (US)     33 / 45  
We found something to burn! The archon capital while nobody was home.

posted 08-31-04 04:19 AM EDT (US)     34 / 45  
I experianced quite a dilemma....after lame movement I found my self in a situation, where my main army couldnīt reach my capital.

With Mabs evil forces knocking at my gates I decided to move my small garrison to my main army.

Now that my capital is wasted, itīs time to do some guerilla warfare!!

posted 08-31-04 04:04 PM EDT (US)     35 / 45  
Anon

Our fine home and capital was burned to the ground by foul Mab.

In a frenzy rage for revenge, I lead the attack against his hero and his companions....the battle is hard and dirty, and those damned chaplains are very hard to hit. But we are victorius

But perhaps this warm feeling is like peeing my pants....comforting right now, but will be cold during night

posted 09-01-04 10:41 PM EDT (US)     36 / 45  
Retreating back to safer lands. We would have attacked but those badly wounded units happened to be beside a healing hut.

*I posted a message about the restart. Sorry about that.*

posted 09-03-04 05:05 AM EDT (US)     37 / 45  
Anon,

I gathered my huge army from the north and the northeast...it was time to go goblinhunting!!

Chariots rolled down the road with 12 pegasi flying over them...the saints were calming the mob and spread joy and happiness through my people....right behind the main army towered 4 titans in the sky...what a mighty sight

And then I wake up from this dream....looking at the sad remains of my army, all I wanted to do was go back to sleep

posted 09-04-04 09:31 AM EDT (US)     38 / 45  
Anon,

Phoebius offered peace today - a very welcome proposal and perhaps the turning point of this nightmare.

TS

posted 09-04-04 11:18 AM EDT (US)     39 / 45  
Mab of the Goblins,

The archons speak of nightmares- we are preparing to give them one.

posted 09-05-04 09:42 AM EDT (US)     40 / 45  
Mab of the Goblins:

Anyone seen the Archon wizard? Tall fellow, dressed in white and is surrounded by a big circle of magic. If you see him, could you tell him that we're looking for him?

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Solitude (Tibbs vs Dark Shadow)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames