AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (WL) Evil Random 2 - Oasis - Springheel vs Ausaitis
posted 12-19-04 10:05 AM EDT (US)   
Map is large, with underground.

It is wide desert with several oasises scattered here and there. The biggest one can be found in the center.

There are two AI wizards set to Lord.

Players are

Springheel as Hissa Zuul of tigrans with fire and life magic, constuctor (eric[at]mindplaces[dot]com)

Ausaitis as Shan Tsung of nomads with 3 fire, 3 air, merchant (ausaitis[at]gmail[dot]com)

Surrender is off.

First turn sent to Springheel.

Replies:
posted 12-19-04 10:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 37  
Day 1,

Turns out the dwarves guarding that mill were tougher than we thought. We lost half our army and almost our champion. Luckily, the nearby monks were able to heal those who survived.

Mindplaces: Fantasy art by Eric Pommer
posted 12-19-04 02:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 37  
Shan Tsung of nomads

A beautiful day beside this oasis, the crickets in the grass and the birds in the trees sing their songs and we make plans for exploration.

My advisors have informed me of several sources of revenue that would be most useful for our city, but it seems a battle or two will need to be arranged. I have set my brave warriors to their tasks and tomorrow we shall reap the rewards.

TS

Good luck, let me know if you would like this to be a ladder game and I'll register it as such.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-19-04 10:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 37  
A lowly band of humans has slaughtered several powerful units. My champion barely escaped with her life.

We must lick our wounds and rebuild our forces.

posted 12-19-04 11:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 37  
Shan Tsung of nomads

The last few days have born fruit as well as anguish. The new water installations are now complete and working well, but a band of radical Syrons decided to take offence at a lone scout , we mourn his passing and vow to the vengeance of his death.

TS

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-20-04 08:33 AM EDT (US)     5 / 37  
A new champion has allowed us to complete a quest. But in his first battle, he took far heavier losses than he should. The creatures of the desert are deceptively strong.

posted 12-20-04 08:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 37  
Exploring while we wait for new trainees.

posted 12-20-04 10:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 37  
Shan Tsung of nomads

Days have passed and we have been as busy as the bandits will allow.

The Syron brigands that killed my man attempted an attack on our tents, but the sprites and their retainers have paid in blood, albeit with a loss from our officers ranks.

Now another band of these blue blooded Syrons march against me , will there be no end to their attacks!

At least some good tidings, one of our feathered friends soared high above the clouds and spotted a camp of our brothers and they have now joined our cause.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-20-04 11:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 37  
We have rescued a band of monks from a nearby prison. Little else to do but explore the desert sands.

posted 12-21-04 05:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 37  
There are many dead ends in the mountains. Exploring by foot is not cutting it.

posted 12-26-04 03:08 AM EDT (US)     10 / 37  
Shan Tsung

Once again we are chasing the Stron invaders, something will have to be done and soon!

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-27-04 09:45 AM EDT (US)     11 / 37  
More and more dead ends. We have, at last, found another settlement, although getting to it could be tricky.

posted 12-27-04 04:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 37  
Shan Tsung

Finally the Syron renegades have been removed, perhaps now a little peace may be had around the camp fires.

Reports have reached me of a growing darkness in the North West but we have, as yet, been unable to ascertain its source, our scouts continue to explore.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-28-04 11:22 AM EDT (US)     13 / 37  
We have managed to find and recruit our first settlement. Exploring has picked up as well.

posted 12-28-04 06:43 PM EDT (US)     14 / 37  
Shan Tsung

We have captured several structures from a dark prince, but as yet, there is no sign of the man himself, we continue to search.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-28-04 11:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37  
We have discovered two wizards now, and a very rich oasis.

posted 12-29-04 05:35 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37  
Shan Tsung

A rich oasis indeed...

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-30-04 04:44 PM EDT (US)     17 / 37  
Shan Tsung

The Oasis, it seems, is to become rich with blood, the question is, whose...

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-01-05 02:51 PM EDT (US)     18 / 37  
We keep killing scouts that come our way. Time to find out where they have been coming from.

posted 01-01-05 04:20 PM EDT (US)     19 / 37  
Shan Tsung

It would seem the large oasis has become something of a Tigran paradise, something will have to change...

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-02-05 11:05 AM EDT (US)     20 / 37  
All my games generated restarts, so no attack today. Perhaps tomorrow.

posted 01-02-05 05:59 PM EDT (US)     21 / 37  
Shan Tsung

Hmm strange, I too had a restart, so we also did very little.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-03-05 05:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 37  
Shan Tsung

We have a spy in the camp and we have put in place measures to remove the offending sprite!

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-03-05 10:04 PM EDT (US)     23 / 37  
Securing a few more resources. We have managed to hire ourselves a nice little army in the north, and have removed a spy from the vicinity.

posted 01-03-05 11:28 PM EDT (US)     24 / 37  
Shan Tsung

Well well, it seems we have visitors, I hope you like the welcoming committee

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-04-05 04:55 PM EDT (US)     25 / 37  
We took a chunk out of the welcoming committee, though at a higher cost than I would have liked.

posted 01-04-05 07:03 PM EDT (US)     26 / 37  
A slip of the mouse caused us to waste a few turns.

We may have made a mistake in unleashing an undead beast, which for some reason is very unhappy to be working for us.

posted 01-04-05 07:25 PM EDT (US)     27 / 37  
Shan Tsung

So, the Tigrans decided to test our defences and although we incurred a loss it was not great and is easily replaced. Now we have to deal with an intruder...

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-04-05 08:45 PM EDT (US)     28 / 37  
We have eliminated a few more enemy troops and lost a wounded scout.

We see another enemy scout is back for more.

posted 01-05-05 08:18 PM EDT (US)     29 / 37  
Shan Tsung

The cleanup after the attack of the Tigrans continues and production has been increased, time to play counter move

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-06-05 10:37 PM EDT (US)     30 / 37  
We are solidifying some holdings and moving troops around. Soon the real fun starts.

posted 01-08-05 04:59 PM EDT (US)     31 / 37  
Took out another scout and scorched the tailfeathers of yet another.

posted 01-08-05 06:23 PM EDT (US)     32 / 37  
Shan Tsung

The loss of one of our babies has left everyone feeling quite sad, but as one life ends, so another is born.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-11-05 10:22 PM EDT (US)     33 / 37  
We seem to have our opponent more or less hemmed in, so we've been exploring other places in the desert sands.

posted 01-14-05 10:39 PM EDT (US)     34 / 37  
A group of powerful independents have popped out of nowhere. This could be interesting.

posted 01-15-05 10:54 PM EDT (US)     35 / 37  
The independents have been dealth with. Some where bough, the others destroyed. We have gathered enough momentum for a final charge.

posted 01-19-05 09:51 PM EDT (US)     36 / 37  
A few troops tried an ambush on Shang Tsung, but we were only able to take out his bodyguard. Should have gone for the tower instead.

posted 01-24-05 04:38 PM EDT (US)     37 / 37  

A sneak ambush wins us the game. Nobody ever said the Tigrans were honourable.

Good match. Let me know if you'd like another game.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » (WL) Evil Random 2 - Oasis - Springheel vs Ausaitis
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames