You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Great Empire Building (Minstrel-FB-Aus-Narc-Bruce)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 12-19-04 11:51 PM EDT (US)   
Large random map, slightly edited by Swolte.
Participants:

(rank 2) Dwarves - Minstrel (phiroc01 at yahoo.com) - defeated by Final Bolt, day 83
(rank 4) Elves - Ausaitis (ausaitis at yahoo.com) - defeated by Narcissus X, day 46
!!WINNER!!: Nomads - Final Bolt (6823678 at gmx.de)
(rank 3) Draconians - Narcissus X (gawilson100 at comcast.net) - defeated by Independants, day 46
(rank 5) Goblins - BruceEstrie (BruceEstrie at videotron.ca) - defeated by Final Bolt, day 18

Modus: FFA Ladder Game
Settings: surrender off, telegates off, max heroes 4
-------------

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 03-04-2006 @ 03:50 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-20-04 05:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 208  
Hotmail causes me problems and then I srew up my account when I changed my email address.

But now everything is fixed (thanks to Swolte and Nojd)
Please use the new email in my profil from now on.

And for saying I still wanna play this game I special thanks to Ausaitis .

posted 12-21-04 03:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 208  
Just wondered whats happening with this game, do we need a map?

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-21-04 05:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 208  
Ts

What is Swolte doing here and why is he doing 'ts'?!!
Answer -> FB asked me to generate a random pioneer start map and tweak certain stuff up and down a bit. And a lot of other minor instructions, like surrender being off and all..
(Of course no teleport gates, but I fear you guys won't be up to building them anyway before running into indies and stuff! ).

Have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 12-21-2004 @ 05:16 PM).]

posted 12-21-04 06:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 208  
Thanks for taking the time to create and mod the map swolte, sounds like its going to be fun

Good luck everyone.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-22-04 01:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 208  
Thank you very much, Swolte, for doing the extra edit! We are all curious what ignominous traps you have set up for us.
posted 12-22-04 06:19 AM EDT (US)     6 / 208  
Thanks Swolte for seting this up!

BTW I offer playing with 'do not use migration trick' house rule enabled. Just in case.

posted 12-22-04 07:31 AM EDT (US)     7 / 208  
Thanks, but feel free to use the migration trick or not. For this kind of map we don't need any extra rule set.
posted 12-22-04 08:04 AM EDT (US)     8 / 208  
Hmm, are you sure that there are no towns? Generaly empire building maps have some towns (and campsites). If there are no towns on map then migration trick won't work indeed.
posted 12-22-04 11:01 AM EDT (US)     9 / 208  
When I first heard (not long time ago) about a migration trick I tried to figure it out... but I never asked :

Is it to migrate one of your city in order to be able to "buy" peace from a neutral town, instead of having to fight for it ?

If so, since it's rarely heavy guarded, I usually rather fight and keep my gold. What did I miss ?

posted 12-22-04 11:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 208  
>> If so, since it's rarely heavy guarded, I usually rather fight and keep my gold. What did I miss ?

Nothing. The price must be rather high for the migration trick to be worthwile. If somebody is stupid enough to migrate his towns because of some campsite weaklings, it's his own fault!

posted 12-22-04 12:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 208  
It's very debatable, I will only say that sometimes it can have huge effect, but this thread is not good place for that kind of discussions.

Myself I will not use it anyway.

posted 12-22-04 02:37 PM EDT (US)     12 / 208  
I think it has to be clarified. The migration trick as defined by the Optional House Rules refers to gaining cities or campsites. So in order to have "huge effects", as you say, there must be some suitable large cities with oppulent settings or heavy guards or a lot of campsites in order to justify its application.

Of course migration can have other huge effects along with the wizard-race relation and his ethical alignment, but that is not under the rule of the "migration trick" (although it might also be called "migration trick").

Anyway, I hold that migration must be a legitimate strategical consideration and should be only restricted in special cases where a map's story and settings demand it.

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 12-22-2004 @ 02:46 PM).]

posted 12-22-04 04:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 208  
Fangir, Day 1.

Golden Hall was founded today in a very beautiful spot. A windmill nearby was taken from halflings to pay for that.

posted 12-27-04 06:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 208  
News from the Elven outpost of Nundi

This green land abounds with the sounds of nature ans we have made our new home amongst the canopies of the great trees within the forest.

Mush work must now be done to secure this place and we have begun.

TS

Apologies for the delay, I only just realised the game has been set-up using my old Yahoo email address and I hadn't checked it for a while.

With regard to the migration trick, I too will not be employing the tactic in this game.

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-29-04 03:47 PM EDT (US)     15 / 208  
Fangir, Day 2.

One more mill was captured but that's all. Soldiers are few and slow.

TS to mail.ru address.

posted 12-29-04 05:26 PM EDT (US)     16 / 208  
Elves

Beneath the roof of this great forest we, the Elves, are wise and we use this wisdom to move quickly and silently, making great gains as we go.

Whilst our humble village is still small it grows quickly and we will soon expand the foundations to make a great hall.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 12-30-04 10:24 PM EDT (US)     17 / 208  
Mab, day 2

I just realyzed that I didn't post on day 1, sorry...

Village founded on day 1. So far exploring, but no interesting structures nearby. Perhaps will find some gold income struture next turn... perhaps will go bankrupt !

posted 12-31-04 10:58 AM EDT (US)     18 / 208  
Fangir, Day 3.

Day 3 was almost like day 2. New houses built, a bit of scouting here and there. Nothing valuable spoted.

posted 01-01-05 04:50 AM EDT (US)     19 / 208  
Kenan, day 3

** Happy New Year to all! **

The times to start out an empire are very hard! Unluckily it has pleased Swolte the First to withdraw us our first hero and so we seem at a halt already. Conquering a campsite has taken away from us our proud Elephant. So we retire to our little camp and do our best to propagate citizens.

TS

posted 01-03-05 08:14 PM EDT (US)     20 / 208  
Mab, day 3

Finally some gold spotted, at last !
Also a mine, but it's guard by a minotaur. Quiet a challenge for little goblings, maybe we could... and with luck... perhaps some magic... hummm... let's see tomorrow.

posted 01-04-05 02:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 208  
Fangir, Day 4.

Again, useless day. Even worse in fact as my only soldier of level higher than 1 was lost after missing 5 strikes against boars.

posted 01-04-05 05:19 PM EDT (US)     22 / 208  
Elves

The silence of the forest belies the nature of the beast that lurks within and even as we seek, we feel its eyes, cold and hungry, upon us.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-07-05 00:18 AM EDT (US)     23 / 208  
Mab, day 4

Forced march for all (4) my troops... gathering for the assault on a major target (well for us) : a Minotaur.

posted 01-07-05 05:41 AM EDT (US)     24 / 208  
Fangir.

Hmm, one more soldier lost and it leaves us with three (including Fangir himself).

posted 01-07-05 04:22 PM EDT (US)     25 / 208  
Ambir, Days 1-4:

We began our journey by settling immediately and perusing the area for some much needed gold, in these days we managed to capture a watchtower revealing more units willing to join. We dare not recruit them until we can get our coffers moving in the positive direction. The furnace we captured on day 3 helped some but surely that mine will put us over the top. We continue building at a frantic pace hopefully the quality won't suffer for it.

TS

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

GMT -5 (EST)

posted 01-07-05 04:25 PM EDT (US)     26 / 208  
Elves

The light at the edge of the forest has been reached and it seems there is much to be found in the open spaces between the trees.

TS

Ernest Hemingway

posted 01-08-05 02:21 AM EDT (US)     27 / 208  
Kenan, day 5

Finally something interesting happened! Belendor, the famous Human hero, has found our money-sack interesting enough to offer us his services and we gratefully accepted. Apart from that the area here is pretty boring. I tried out my wizardry skill on a tower with Indy archers which was set into flames. Interesting to see if they flee or roast ...

TS

posted 01-09-05 05:49 AM EDT (US)     28 / 208  
Fangir.

Fianly captured an earth node, but now a patrol is coming to me and I have to engage it myself it looks...

posted 01-10-05 04:07 AM EDT (US)     29 / 208  
Kenan, day 6

In a risky battle against some Shadow minions, where I almost lost my life, we conquered a Mana source to bring our research power rising. The fire at the watchtower proves too weak and the defenders are not roasting. Seems my wizardry has not ripened yet.

Unluckily a few infidels head for our tents. They are nasty Goblin lead by a Butcher. In our present state we cannot think of attacking them ...

TS

posted 01-12-05 11:30 PM EDT (US)     30 / 208  
Mab, day 6

What ?!? An archon chariot (yes the LVL3 thing!) broke loose and heading mad our way ?? RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !!

Just can't believe that, I have to charge minotaur to earn some money and then a Chariot is charging us for my little gain. No choice I have to hope for better days.. migration !

posted 01-14-05 05:43 AM EDT (US)     31 / 208  
Fangir.

A beholder and shredder came close to my only village. Lacking any troops Fangir decided to wrestle with enemies all by himself. Fortunatly a stone skin was just researched and the shield found two days before proved valuable as well. Intruders were crushed!

posted 01-16-05 03:38 AM EDT (US)     32 / 208  
Kenan, day 7

Day 7 and the path to success is long and stoney! - Luckily the infidels were not really interested in our humble tents and passed by. As I still have to recover, we are keeping in the background silently while I sent a scout to sneak at the pile of gold we spotted some length away.

TS

posted 01-18-05 01:44 PM EDT (US)     33 / 208  
Mab, day 7

Fleeing that chariot, I've reach a safe tower (well safe... after kicking out 2 dark elves) to rest a while.

posted 01-18-05 02:22 PM EDT (US)     34 / 208  
Fangir.

A brave elven warrior joined us and now my wizard does not feel so lonely. Tomorrow few interesting targets will be explored.

posted 01-19-05 02:13 PM EDT (US)     35 / 208  
Kenan, day 8

We decided to move around a bit again, but without any haste or effort!
The pile of gold went down like nothing, and already the next pile lures in the distance. - For a little amusement I set the group of infidels into flames. They prove astounding fireproof but at least have taken on some damage. Let's see what the critters do tomorrow.

TS

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 01-19-2005 @ 02:14 PM).]

posted 01-21-05 05:04 PM EDT (US)     36 / 208  
Mab, day 8

No gain and another scout down.
Slow start, a very slow start...

posted 01-22-05 03:11 AM EDT (US)     37 / 208  
Fangir.

Dwarves are known for mining abilities and as expert smithes. So are my dwarves - I have now 3 mines and 2 furnaces. Gold is in plenty but what can I use it for?

posted 01-24-05 03:30 AM EDT (US)     38 / 208  
Kenan, day 9

We start getting a little bit excited. After the infidels roasted in the flames, they tried to seek cover in a nearby wood. But just before they could reach we got hold of them and Belendor, with the aid of the left elite archer and some spearmen, finished them off. The spirit of order awarded us with a nice and very useful present!

Our gold resources give us troubles. The single furnace is too little income for us, but the desert is long and barren. We must seek to gain gold through conquering treasure for now.

TS

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 01-24-2005 @ 03:33 AM).]

posted 01-28-05 11:33 PM EDT (US)     39 / 208  
Mab, day 9

Well reinforment finally arrived. An hero accept to empty my gold reserve... and joined my cause. I only hope it will be worth it.

Besides that nothing to report.

posted 01-29-05 05:36 AM EDT (US)     40 / 208  
Fangir.

Useless day. Decided to kill a doom bat (which already had 5 hp) with 2 shooting stars. Both stars missed Ridiculous!

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » The Great Empire Building (Minstrel-FB-Aus-Narc-Bruce)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames