You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL - 1 vs 1 - Random Map (fromage67 vs Empzoooli)
posted 12-23-04 07:40 PM EDT (US)   
game settings:
WL
Random generated medium map for 2 players
No underground or shadow
Races: Archons, Dwarves, Nomads, Goblins, Undead
Small starting town
Random indies
Average cities
Average gold struct
Average nodes
many misc struct
few treasure
Average heroes
Max #heroes 4
No surrender
random wizard/race

Good luck Empzoooli

Replies:
posted 12-23-04 09:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 38  
turn 1

I sent my paladin to secure a mine. Unfortunately, we had to slay a minotaur to start operating it. The poor creature was only looking for a place to live. But it was for the good of the people. I think I will send my armies to purify that death node next.

posted 12-24-04 02:32 AM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
i will later update jornual...

TS

posted 12-24-04 08:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
turn 2

I have sent my scouts in all directions. There is much to do to consolidate our influence over these savage lands. But wresting control over that death node from those undead monstrosities and those rampaging demons will be our priority.

posted 12-25-04 04:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 38  
Day 1-3

The core of the army is rather slow, we have to produce faster scouts.

Scouts spreading all directions but nothing interesting. Faster units captured some sctructures, and there are also slower ones crawling after them.

Worth to spend resources on scouting: a large settlement spotted, that we can capture.

TS

posted 12-25-04 09:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
turn 3

Those rampaging demons are dangerous, so I counseled my general Cordian to wait for reinforcements. We should be able to attack tomorrow.

posted 12-26-04 08:31 AM EDT (US)     6 / 38  
Day 4

We found a haste barry tree, which comes handy.

Our healer have not worked as good as expected, but fortunately there is a hospital.

Several day will pass till we reach the siege site, that time maybe we will clear a mine from dirty orcs.

TS

posted 12-26-04 11:18 AM EDT (US)     7 / 38  
Anon, day 4

A first skirmish with the demons ended badly with the loss of an archer. We will try again tomorrow.

posted 12-26-04 03:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38  
Day 5

Conquered unit pool with lighter loss, but forgot to purchase a thing...

Fortunately found an undead settlement with weak guards.

TS

[This message has been edited by EmpZoooli (edited 12-26-2004 @ 03:40 PM).]

posted 12-26-04 11:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38  
Anon, day 5

More fights with the demons. Casualties are high on both sides. Luckily, Cordian survives, but many others killed. It will be necessary to attack once again.

posted 12-27-04 07:08 AM EDT (US)     10 / 38  
Day 6

we enslaved the undead, their land will be occupied by our folk.

we found another large town (dirty goblins) very near to the friendly archon town, they will be punished!

we have more and more scouts, and more and more land explored!

TS

posted 12-27-04 07:42 AM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
Anon, day 6

Finally the demons are vanquished! The spirit who set us on this quest was perhaps displeased at Cordian's numerous failures and was not very generous.

We have learned from this humbling experience and will no longer let hubris lead us.

posted 12-27-04 09:49 AM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
Day 7

My scouts were attacked by raging independents, but we prevailed! My boar defeated a barbarian and a spearman alone (finished the fight witn 1 HP)! My hero also killed two units lonely.

Goblin town captured and have to be migrated otherwise my troops will revolt! Many valuable soldiers stuck in migrating towns to keep the order.

TS

posted 12-27-04 11:35 AM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
Anon, day 7

Cordian has single-handedly seized a node in an act of faith-inspired heroism. Our armies are decimated, but our will is still strong.

[This message has been edited by fromage67 (edited 12-27-2004 @ 11:36 AM).]

posted 12-28-04 08:38 AM EDT (US)     14 / 38  
Sorry for restarting, it happened that i started this round yesterday, but now i accidentally downloaded again and overwrote it... it was a quite boring turn, nothing happened, just waiting for migrating.

Tomorrow dwarves will takeover finally the village of undead, and we can rush to the other undead settlement in the neighbour.
I think i will buy the faith of the archon, i dont like fighting agains them...

TS

posted 01-02-05 10:52 PM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
Anon, day 8

Harvested resources as I rebuild my armies for that assault on that death node.

posted 01-03-05 06:47 AM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
Day 9

We prepared the attack of the other undead village, tomorrow it will be under our authority.

My hero was wandering around the goblin town to scout a bit, but she did not managed to return by gate closing at the evening, i can only hope that those nasty goblins wont use this opportunity to revolt at the night...

TS

posted 01-03-05 07:30 AM EDT (US)     17 / 38  
Anon, day 9

Cordian has finally taken posession of the death node.

Our scouts send no word. Has something evil befallen them?

posted 01-03-05 09:29 AM EDT (US)     18 / 38  
Day 10

(I restarted the turn because of power network failure, sorry for that)

And yes, goblins were as kind to revolt and organized a considerable army to protect theri city. Fortunately an archon patrol showed up, and they will help us to retake the settlement.

We captured the undead outpost, that means that other turns will pass away before we can move forward with the units...
(well, to tell the truth there is only one unit keeping order during migration, but its interesting: before i recruited the archon patrol the village needed two units for peacekeeping, but after that one of them was enough)

TS

posted 01-03-05 04:36 PM EDT (US)     19 / 38  
Anon, day 10

My scouts are not reporting much. A large mountain range impedes their progress.

posted 01-03-05 05:16 PM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
Day 11

Those rotten minded undead revolted again, and supressing them costed a fellow footman...

We reconquered the goblin town with united forces, tomorrow we will negotiate with the large archon town.

At least my troops are getting hardened in these revoltings...

TS

posted 01-03-05 08:32 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38  
Anon, day 11

Cordian secured some resources that allowed us to dedicate a new building to our glory.

Our scouts have still not reported any other inhabitants in this land.

posted 01-04-05 09:21 AM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
Anon, day 12

My scouts found some fey creatures who might have some information. I will send Cordian to enquire.

posted 01-04-05 10:23 AM EDT (US)     23 / 38  
Day 12-13

Finally we gathered the money the archon major proposed, and they joined us. With thier army led by the elven priestess, we battled with the orcs for a mine. We were glorious but many brave archon killed.

Scouts met with the dwarves of the northern frosty lands who build miraculous machines. They are not too friendly, but quite strong. I plan to invade them.

The (former) land of the undead is secured with two towers on the east and west. Both controlled by hostile forces, the western is in the hands of dark elves, the eastern belongs to the high elves. I wonder what kind of war took place here...

We took a windmill under command a bit farer from the undead beyond the western tower, near the large plains, where goblins used to play in the grass with their troll friends.

Suddenly a scout of Anon appeared...
I must warn you Anon to leave my land at once!

TS

posted 01-04-05 10:37 AM EDT (US)     24 / 38  
Anon, day 13

The halflings who own a watchtower to the south have refused to surrender it. They are usually quite friendly, but for some reason, refuse to cooperate. Cordian and his unicorns will have to "persuade" them.

posted 01-04-05 11:57 AM EDT (US)     25 / 38  
Day 14

We are gathering forces around the northen dwarves, I hope if we take over their war machines, the army will be able to defeat the mighty rift lord corrupting the lattice of magic and provide me a node of my own.

I have to command more troops into the swamp of the undead,
(this is history, there are not a single undead there by this time) although I cant see Anon's scout, maybe a confrontation will take place soon. There are lots of valuable structures in the area anyway.

TS

posted 01-04-05 01:20 PM EDT (US)     26 / 38  
Anon, day 14

The halflings have surrendered, and now I begin to see more clearly.

My scouts report a settlement far to the east. I will investigate.

posted 01-04-05 11:12 PM EDT (US)     27 / 38  
Anon, day 16

The murderous dwarves want everything for themselves! They have assaulted my north eastern scout for no reason other than territorial greed. The unicorn fought bravely and slew one of their huge boar companions.

They shall see the wrath of the Archons!

posted 01-05-05 05:33 AM EDT (US)     28 / 38  
Day 15-16

We met again with Anon's unicorn, next to the furnace we targeted. We captured the furnace first, and than killed the unicorn. Unfortunately my boar was weakened too much in the previous battle, so he was killed in action. Maybe I should have removed him from any combat...

We gathered another victory: the machine factory is mine. The northern dwarves fought real hard, but we suffered only lighter casualties. Soon mighty machines will be assembled, but we need more gold for this purpose...

My northern scout found a haste barry tree, but the fruits were already harvested by somebody (or something)! The next day I met an archon footman gathering news for Anon, I'm sure he was it, so I killed him without mercy.

Troops surrounded the chaos rift waiting for the terrible war machines from the factory. As soon as they arrived, I commanded to attack, and the machines performed outstanding!
The rift lord was charging us but before he could reach the line of our legions, he was seriously wounded by my terror machines, and finished off by the powerful spell of elven princess Elme. The other smaller rift spawns meant no problem for my inflamed soldiers. The bounded node comes handy as I was a bit low on mana lately.

This day would have been the most glorious day of my reign so far, but some really unfortunate thing happened: my beloved treeman wandered too close to the rainbow's end, and this was a fatal mistake. He easily coped with the attacking unicorn, but the aggressive faeries outnumbered him, he got flanked, and was killed shamefully...

Other units commended to avoid that deadly rainbow's end, they sneaked beyond it, and spotted a band of trolls and goblins coming down the hills. I wont be suprised if they attack us, and I'm not sure that we can deal with them, because the commander of this area is convalescing in a hospital not too far...

TS

[This message has been edited by EmpZoooli (edited 01-05-2005 @ 05:37 AM).]

posted 01-05-05 08:31 PM EDT (US)     29 / 38  
Anon, day 16

I am a pacifist, a peace keeper and a scholar. I fear that these attributes will not help me greatly in the battle to come. I will have to adapt, learn the ways of my perfidious enemy.

Again he has struck with one of his mighty boars, and slain one of my missionaries.

posted 01-06-05 07:32 AM EDT (US)     30 / 38  
Day 17

As I predicted, those ugly goblins attacked us! But we were prepared, and this was an advantage against the mindlessly charging enemy. My soldiers fought wonderful and defeated the agressors without suffering a kill! I really have not hoped such skill (or luck) of my troops...

Torgal returned from the hospital, and avenged his treeman friend. After we eliminated the sprites, we found marvellous trasure: huge amount of gold and a true ring of power (although not the One). This enabled me to order the most devastating war machine from my factory that this land will ever see!

Well Anon, peacekeeper comes handy to the ruler of archons, but with such few races on map (and almost all is aligned good) and so small map size it worth almost nothing. Pacifist is not that bad, build some shrine of war!
Scholar is a reasonable good skill I think.

Dont forget: I will unite the glorious Dwarves and the local Archon tribes, and I will rule these lands!

TS

posted 01-11-05 08:34 PM EDT (US)     31 / 38  
Anon, day 17

I warned the women and children to head for the hills today.

posted 01-12-05 03:17 AM EDT (US)     32 / 38  
Day 18

My fairy-slayer Torgal cleared another nest of those nasty creatures, and found an interesting amulet.

I organized the army to move efficiently, and made some long-term plan...

TS

posted 01-12-05 09:14 PM EDT (US)     33 / 38  
Anon, day 18

The men bid a tearful goodbye to theirs wives and tots today. As we could see their long column disappear behind the first crest of the lonely mountains, my heart was heavier than it has been for ages.

Come men, let us sing as we march to war!

posted 01-16-05 03:27 PM EDT (US)     34 / 38  
Day 19-20

Hey, I can clearly remember that I posted my log here about day 19 but it's not here!!

Anyway, it was something like this:
My elite army attacked an earth node, but they were a bit too exhausted, and one of my most experienced (and well equipped) soldier was killed by the hostile environment of the node. Another unit finished with 1 HP left, so he deserves that golden medal!

I can not ignore the rumors about the archon army set up against me, and all my smithes forges weapons and armours as well...

On day 20 my royal soothsayers warned me that the enemy is very near, and the archon wizard himself leads his army...

TS

[This message has been edited by EmpZoooli (edited 01-16-2005 @ 03:28 PM).]

posted 01-17-05 11:36 AM EDT (US)     35 / 38  
My turn was restarted because the downloaded file was corrupt (terrain was scrambled, etc), and the game crashed very soon after starting my turn. Downloading again solved this problem.
Sorry for this, I received no extra information, or any other advantage, and I just moved my units in a quite trivial way.

Day 21

Anon's army showed itself coming through the hills. The main force is a few unicorns, but there are heroes (a syron one also) and archers as well. I think they will need another day to reach my fort. My troops are prepared. A syron champion offered his services defending the fort this day, and I gladly accepted! I wonder how those syrons got involved into this...

This new syron commander was quite expensive, and I spent so much gold on reinforcement that for now I have nearly nothing!

TS

posted 01-17-05 08:20 PM EDT (US)     36 / 38  
Anon, day 21

I have marshalled my forces this far. We are not many, but we are brave. The enemy town is in sight, and we will make another probe tomorrow.

posted 01-18-05 07:02 AM EDT (US)     37 / 38  
Day 22

Anon's army was getting closer and closer...

I decided to commence a large scale counter-attack involving all troops in range. A soldier's task is to die in a battle, even if it is a hero...
I have plenty of reinforcement (the death-machines for example) to continue the war.

I carefully prepared the battlefield and ordered to assault Anon's well trained and discipled forces...

TS

posted 01-18-05 10:03 PM EDT (US)     38 / 38  
Anon, day 22

Aaargh! The dwarves are coming! The dwarves are coming!

Gurgle...

Well played Empz.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL - 1 vs 1 - Random Map (fromage67 vs Empzoooli)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames