You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Evil Roc' Incantation (Fromage67, BruceEstrie, EmpZoooli)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 12-31-04 01:16 AM EDT (US)   
A WL game

"Incantations".
Size: medium, all three levels.
Wizards: Three playable wizards: Syrons (Life+Fire), Dark Elves (Air+Death) and draconians (Water+Earth).
Supported types of game: Three players FFA.
AI wizards: four AI wizards (Lord difficulty suggested). AI wizards are enchanced to provide better challenge.
Main idea: Scenario is centered on use of magic.
Features: Circles of summoning - scripted area that can provide magical creatures; Relay network - all map covered with relays and all wizards have esay access to area spells; custom starting heroes and wizards; more lesser features.

Players :

Syrons (Life+Fire) : Fromage67
Dark Elves (Air+Death) : BruceEstrie
Draconians (Water+Earth) : EmpZoooli

GOOD GAME !!

Replies:
posted 12-31-04 02:38 PM EDT (US)     1 / 113  
Game started, First turn sent to Fromage67.

Good luck, and do not forget that AI's are realy dangerous on this map

posted 01-02-05 10:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 113  
O'neron, day 1

The world is a dangerous place. That is why I leave the dirty work to Lady Yala.

Today she seized a nearby node to augment my supply of magic and she pleased the Spirit of Magic by slaying infidel mundanes.

posted 01-03-05 06:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 113  
Draconians Day 1

We devastated some really tought orcs to aquire valuable production resources. Also captured a summoning circle, soon hell hounds will spread to scout (and scorch) the lands nearby.

Scouts met another strong draconian tribe, but they cannot be conviced (by words) to join our empire...

TS

posted 01-03-05 07:41 AM EDT (US)     4 / 113  
O'neron, day 2

Lady Yala has seized a node that produces unicorns. We shall find a use for them. They are fast steeds, but summoned from another plane, and ill-suited to the rigors of our world.

posted 01-03-05 05:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 113  
Draconians Day 3

A brave hound scout was killed by ambus, but others are availabe.

We are really low on gold (but high on units), we have to capture mines.

TS

posted 01-03-05 08:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 113  
O'neron, day 3

I have access to magic, but I find I need gold as well. I sent Lady Yala to secure a mine today.

posted 01-04-05 02:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 113  
Vellice, day 4

sorry about missing logs...

Gold?!? What is gold... don't have any no source insight

On the other hand, magical recruitment is going well. I get a free spider every day.

So far, 2 magic relay and 2 cosmos nodes captured. Oh.. alomost forget a shack too, but quiet useless since I don't have gold to recruit anyway...

posted 01-04-05 07:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 113  
Draconians Day 4

Now i own two gold sources, but its far not enough, I have to conquer by force those selfish draconians soon.

TS

posted 01-04-05 09:33 AM EDT (US)     9 / 113  
O'neron, day 5

Other than neutral villages, I have encountered the first signs that there might be another wizard about. I was quite lucky and could capture a magic catalyst for almost free, it had only one very weak, injured defender left.

[This message has been edited by fromage67 (edited 01-06-2005 @ 10:55 AM).]

posted 01-05-05 11:51 PM EDT (US)     10 / 113  
Vellice, day 5

Still looking for gold source, first neutral village insight.

posted 01-06-05 10:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 113  
Vellice, day 6

Some gold and villages... at last.
Now, which to strike first and with whom...
That is for next day.

euhhh... my older daughter (2 years old) managed to take over the game while I was taking care of her younger sister (1 year old day after tomorrow), which result of a restart, sorry.

posted 01-07-05 04:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 113  
Draconians Day 5-6

These days were a bit darker, I have lost many units without capturing anything with profound impact. I can only hope thing turn better soon...

TS

posted 01-07-05 09:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 113  
O'neron, day 7

Maya Sun Leaf's unicorn is dead now. The treacherous elves cannot be trusted and will have to be exterminated.

Lady Yala has seized two windmills, which will help fill our treasury as we mobilize for war.

Bruce, I fully understand. My kids are 3 and 1...

posted 01-09-05 02:13 AM EDT (US)     14 / 113  
Fromage67 : Well, thank you for your understanding... but I still feel cheap, think about the excuse.. which is worst ? To lie some other reason or having to admit that your 2 years old daughter sneaked on you and made (somewhat) important click on you game ?!?
posted 01-09-05 01:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 113  
Draconians Day 8

At last hope joined us, as one of my beloved hatchling entered into his adult period and emerged as a beautiful ice dragon!

I summoned some quite strong monster as well, and with him we conquered a pathetic village of drunken pirates, but the human will tax us some gold.

Rich underground areas scouted. There are rumors of goblin hordes hiding there, but no sign of them by now.

Now we head to siege the draconians near.

TS

posted 01-09-05 08:56 PM EDT (US)     16 / 113  
O'neron, day 8

The village of elves has fallen to Lady Yala, and now her growing army moves on to the much tougher challenge of conquering the well-defended syron settlement nearby.

I must I step up my research efforts to find a way to summon powerful monsters to my side.

posted 01-11-05 00:13 AM EDT (US)     17 / 113  
TS
posted 01-11-05 09:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 113  
O'neron, day 9

A new hero has joined my side. Cordian is hereby named lieutenant and manservant to Lady Yala.

posted 01-11-05 10:16 PM EDT (US)     19 / 113  
Vellice, day 9

Tomorrow I'll finally attack my first village. Can't wait to earn some more gold...

posted 01-12-05 04:14 AM EDT (US)     20 / 113  
Draconians Day 9

Finally I took controll both power nodes near me, but there is still a pile of mana there guarded by a shade and an incarnation...

I went deeper underground, and the picture is even more colorful than on the surface. Nodes, structures, towns and they are all guarded with considerable force. And I spotted the goblins in their dark stinky corner. Their ruler is a fat goblin who sits in fort manned with much more soldiers than those dracos I'm going to siege.

TS

posted 01-12-05 09:48 PM EDT (US)     21 / 113  
O'neron, day 10

Lightning Spire is now in the strong hands of Lady Yala. The rebel Syrons are annihilated. We will now consolidate our province because a new wizard has been spotted. A self-styled Lord of Shadows. I am pressed on two sides now.

posted 01-12-05 10:52 PM EDT (US)     22 / 113  
Vellice, day 10

Exploring still... one of my bird saw the fisher's yard ungarded, and since my birds just can't overlook a fish, it went to say Hi and make some friends among those fishermen.

[This message has been edited by BruceEstrie (edited 01-12-2005 @ 10:53 PM).]

posted 01-14-05 07:22 AM EDT (US)     23 / 113  
Draconians Day 10

A swift bird took control my unguarded village of fishermen. I always make the same mistake...

Good news that we captured a nomad town on the bank of a huge underground salty lake. My Flamelord managed to enslave an elephant rider, which comes handy.

Tomorrow we will attack the draconians.

TS

[This message has been edited by EmpZoooli (edited 01-15-2005 @ 05:27 AM).]

posted 01-14-05 09:06 PM EDT (US)     24 / 113  
O'neron, day 11

The spirit of magic has made a hard request. I will send Lady Yala to fight the dragon. Good luck, Lady.

posted 01-15-05 00:11 AM EDT (US)     25 / 113  
Vellice, day 11

Hummm... ok my Shadow demon Hero wasn't ready for a Sphynx... other then that another city taken from computer... no other news.

posted 01-15-05 05:24 AM EDT (US)     26 / 113  
Draconians Day 11

Finally we captured the larger draconian town. There is a shrine of war built already, so we resurrected the cult of war. Spirit of war rewarded me with an easy quest.

That bird still rages in my lands.

TS

posted 01-15-05 12:41 PM EDT (US)     27 / 113  
O'neron, day 12

Yet another enemy wizard has declared himself, he is mad and he is a dwarf.

Meanwhile, Lady Yala has gone shopping and picked up a brand new shiny shield to go along with her leather top.

posted 01-15-05 08:15 PM EDT (US)     28 / 113  
Draconians Day 12

Huhh, Vellice was invaded me by giant black spiders! This caused considerable gold loss, but I was able to defeat all the intruders, and recapture all structures but one relay. Stronger military has to be built throughout my territory.

I captured a pitiful goblin village, and hereby completing the quest of Spirit of War, who rewarded me with a funny (and hopefully useful) spell.

I need more scout, I have to know what is happening around...

TS

posted 01-16-05 09:05 AM EDT (US)     29 / 113  
O'neron, day 13

This Lord of Shadows is very aggressive. It is high time to shore up the defense of my core cities against the coming assault.

Lady Yala has unearthed an interesting spell in an ancient vault that will greatly help my cause.

posted 01-17-05 08:03 AM EDT (US)     30 / 113  
Draconians Day 13

Spiders and birds still coming...

The southern lands are mine, only Feanor the fire mage owned a smaller castle who does not accept my rulership. Jasfar, the commander of my legions decided to siege him. Smoke of burned flesh covered the desert, but we won. The fire mage owned lot of mana and powerful artifacts, what we took over.

TS

posted 01-17-05 09:20 PM EDT (US)     31 / 113  
O'neron, day 14

Cordian went a'questing,
And got shiny new ring.

posted 01-21-05 04:59 PM EDT (US)     32 / 113  
Vellice, day 14

A quest in middle of O'neron's land getting harder and harder to get. If I could only... argh... just about there and going back home, but if I could reach... Arghh he took it back, I shall return... I only hope the reward is worthing it !!

posted 01-22-05 04:30 AM EDT (US)     33 / 113  
Draconians Day 14

I defeated the spiders and birds wandering in my territory. The battle against the bird was quite interesting, involving even an incarnation...

There is a typical pirate hideout in teh river, I hope they will raid that another spider in the cave entrance!

My dragon's vison III spotted a circle of waterdancers. It's hard to reach, and well guarded, but we will make a try. We captured a ship factory, that will come handy.

Nomads living underground may like me, because thay offered me a hero. He is green a bit, but I hope he will learn fast.

Fire node captured, but many-many units were lost, that was the darkest hour of the day...

TS

posted 01-23-05 07:48 AM EDT (US)     34 / 113  
O'neron, day 15

A scout in Cordian's army has spotted an interesting circle. I have instructed Cordian to capture it tomorrow.

My other scattered troops are returning near the capital to repel the shadow demons that have been seizing relays and creating confusion.

posted 01-24-05 07:36 AM EDT (US)     35 / 113  
Draconians Day 15

Today's most important happening was that an unimaginable powerful champion (under brown banner) entered my territory. Mr. Stonehelm has def of 17 (other stats alike) and surrounded with poison domain... We retreated to the nomad town. Only my dragons could match him, but not for sure...

Other parts of my kingdom was expanding well. We captured a promising goblin village, and I think I get rid of those pirates on Turtle Island.

TS

posted 01-24-05 08:26 PM EDT (US)     36 / 113  
O'neron, day 16

A very rude, but very powerful wizard by the name of Clawfinger seized one of our relays without asking for permission.

Cordian seized the magic circle while Lady Yala added an air node to my collection.

That army from the Lord of Shadows has fled.

Note to Evil Roc: I noticed today that O'neron does not have Shadow Walking. I will have to remember that if ever he is in a big fight...

posted 01-25-05 03:40 AM EDT (US)     37 / 113  
Thanks, will be fixed!
posted 01-25-05 07:26 AM EDT (US)     38 / 113  
Draconians Day 16

Oh well Dloin Stonehelm is heading right toward my capital! I have to leave my citadel!

As I expected those restless pirates attacked us, but they were no match to my army. My dragon hatchling showed so much valor in the battle that I announced his adult age, and promoting him to a wonderful black dragon. I hope soon he will feast of the flesh of Dloin...

As the enemy champion left underground, I could push my armies forward. Maybe I should expect an army of O'neron deeper?

Vellice is still invading with spiders...

Vellice: Why do you expect that I will help you in any way? We can make agreements, but it should be more formal. For example I promise that I will not cross the river for 10 days, and you give me 100 gold. Why do you wrote that we should defeat AI first before attacking other players? Is it some rule of the map or other rule? As I remember you attacked me first by capturing Fisher's Yard.

TS

posted 01-25-05 04:15 PM EDT (US)     39 / 113  
Empzoooli : Many answers here

But I just realized some are "options" (after reading again, just before posting here) rather than formal rules. Since I always killed AI first in my previous games, I'm just use to play with that rule...

Quote:

Defeat the AI races first. You should either defeat or severely cripple your AI opponents before going after your human opponents.

Personnally, taking a totally defenceless outpost I don't feel is going after a human opponent, besides we were not a peace status. To be honest I didn't realize it was own by a human player at first, I agree that I should have paid more attention. Sorry for that, but I didn't attack villages after that event (nor units I think).

And of course we can do agreements and they don'T have to be formal or written in turn log. It's totally opt to you to accept or not and, of course, respect those agreements or not !

Friendly,
Bruce.

posted 01-25-05 09:45 PM EDT (US)     40 / 113  
O'neron, day 17

Lady Yala had to fight off enemy raiders today. My main enemy seems occupied elsewhere though.

Esteemed Opponents: I don't think this game is using any optional rules.

TS

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Evil Roc' Incantation (Fromage67, BruceEstrie, EmpZoooli)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames