You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Race to Death (Ellumesh, Rorshach, Drastic, Flitter, Llacheu, Hocus)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 12-02-02 04:59 AM EDT (US)   
House rules apply, wizard skills have been altered as per individual request. We have...

Ellumesh, chromancer@gmx.net - Serena, Elves, Life, Scholar.
Rorschach, sigsog@hotmail.com - Yaka, Tigrans, Fire, Conqueror.
CPU - Walker, Undead, Death, Merchant.
Thundarr, tennisgeek@netpipeline.net - Arachna, Dark Elves, Death, Casting Spec I.
Flitter, flitter@mclink.it - Nimue, Humans, Water, Explorer, Survivalist, Pacifist.
Llacheu, cedriczehnder@hotmail.com - Karissa, Orcs, Fire, Conqueror.
Hocus Pocus, hocuspocus@blueyonder.co.uk - Bride of Hocus, Frostlings, Air, Explorer.

After consultation with the author AI blocks have been added to underground items and a rogue watchtower has been switched from Nim to Walker's control. All else remains the same.

That Undead army looks tough, best of luck guys!

[This message has been edited by Hocus Pocus (edited 01-16-2003 @ 05:10 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-02-02 06:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 95  
Serena, Day 1

Our brave heroes Lloyd Hopkins and El Gaucho Dorda march southwards, claiming the first mines and a life node for our course. A stack of timber along the road is tranferred to our outpost of Rangoon, where my elves build a palisade with it.

The army led by El Gaucho descends upon a group of undead swordsmen, and scatters their bones on the field of battle...Walker prepare, for we are coming!

[This message has been edited by Ellumesh (edited 12-02-2002 @ 06:05 AM).]

posted 12-02-02 01:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 95  
Yaka, 1st day of the Banishment

I have personally come to clean up this mess that the former Khalif didn't manage to control. He was put to the axe when he came home to my palace whimpering about an undead infestation of these fruitful lands. One of my most profitable provinces, overrun by undead - bah! I did not believe a word of it, of course, but came prepared for the worst nonetheless.

And indeed the Khalif had spoken the truth for once, so I redeem his name and restate his family's honour. Our forward scouts report of undead armies roaming the lands, and they barely escaped to warn me.
My two fiercest warriors have been dispatched west and north to front the retaking of my land. And to banish the undead plague by any means necessary, for I fear that others from beyond the borders of my Empire may be tempted to invade in the wake of the plague. And I am convinced that a foothold must be reached fast, for without it I may not be able to reinforce my first wave. Therefore, one of the old outposts was quickly taken, guarding the pass which leads to the province. But more solid ground must be taken before I will feel secure..

posted 12-02-02 04:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 95  
Arachna - Day 1

There are undead everywhere, and to make matters worse, my finances are in a bad state, I must gain sources of revenue quickly, or I shall surely fail.

Turn sent on.

posted 12-03-02 10:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 95  
Nimue day 1

There are too much undead for my taste, I start the war and stole a city from the undead lord. My people are unhappy with so much undead near me, so I'll make a fast decision, I can't accept that my loyal knight rebel to me, their great goddess.

Turn sent

posted 12-03-02 12:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 95  
Karissa, Day 1

This undead plague MUST BE STOPPED. My troops are strong in numbers, yet we are but a bug compared to the undeads I will have to remedy to that

posted 12-04-02 07:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 95  
Serena, Day 2

We storm the first undead town and are busy clearing the opium bums out. Our heroes will be able to take another city tomorrow, whose garrison seems to have fled. Marching through huge fields of opium poppies, we see a well guarded drug factory in a ring of mountains. A corrupt elf heads the guards, and we will soon put an end to his misery...

posted 12-04-02 12:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 95  
Oooh, this went around quickly! Keep it up please!

Yaka, day 2

I am still exploring the immediate surroundings, keeping my troops together in fear of ambushes. I fear for the lives of my heroes every turn on this map Even with those items!

posted 12-05-02 05:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 95  
Arachna - Day 2

My forces have been out slaughtering the undead, and today we captured "Deadwood Gulch" and undead village, and "Blackwood River" an undead town, but I can see that my forces are already being stretched by the masses of undead which abound in our world.

We must unite.

Turn sent on

posted 12-05-02 09:52 AM EDT (US)     9 / 95  
Nimue day 2

I have taken another city from the undead but I must migrate it or all my fellow people become angry. Maybe the evil wizard have a little advantage here.
I offer an alliance to dear Serena, we are really close and my scouts can see the same city that she wants

Turn sent

[This message has been edited by Flitter (edited 12-05-2002 @ 09:53 AM).]

posted 12-06-02 02:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 95  
Serena, Day 3

We graciously ally hourself with fair Nimue, and proceed in our crusade againt foul Walker. Not one, but two cities are captured today, and the corrupt elf Yord Serk falls to LLoyd Hopkins shooter. Storming into the enemies armoury, we take over a number of furnaces...

posted 12-06-02 03:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 95  
Bride of Hocus Day 2 (Yeah okay, the name's silly - I realise that now).

Death to the Undead oppressors!

If anybody's going to subjugate the masses by feeding them a diet of mind-altering substances it's me. I resent the Undead monopoly and intend to put a stop to it.

The crusade started rather tamely with a couple of minor conquests. Unrest in the ranks already! Apparently, my frostling subjects are outnumbered by the living dead. I await the morning with trepidation. Do the troops retain confidence in their queen or will they defect?

Turn sent
posted 12-08-02 10:25 AM EDT (US)     12 / 95  
Yaka, day 3..
I discovered that my wizard is Evil as I conquered the neighbouring undead town... That means the undead will work for me, while all my Tigran subjects hate me...

I am not very impressed with the mapmaker there...

posted 12-08-02 11:02 AM EDT (US)     13 / 95  
Arachna - Day 3

Today I captured an Ancient ruin, a water mill, a mine, and an Outpost called "Black lake", my Dark Elves and the Undead I have conquered, both seem to love me.

Rightly so, let all those who do not praise me. DIE!!!

Turn sent on.

posted 12-08-02 01:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 95  
Nimue

Killed some other undead, tomorrow I'll try to move against some other cities

turn sent

posted 12-09-02 07:11 AM EDT (US)     15 / 95  
Serena, Day 4

Our glorious army is on the march towards Whiskeytown, where the hated Undead are preparing for a stand. We see many enemy troops in the vicinity, but nowhere near enough to stop my brave heroes at he head of my Elven Guards!

posted 12-10-02 10:04 AM EDT (US)     16 / 95  
Yaka, day 4..

Success on all fronts, but still I must watch my step..

posted 12-10-02 11:11 AM EDT (US)     17 / 95  
Arachna - Day 4

A day of consolidation, I can see hoardes of the undead.

I must be careful not to lose what I have gained.

Turn sent on.

posted 12-11-02 09:53 AM EDT (US)     18 / 95  
nimue

killed some undeads, but I need more gold to survive

turn sent

posted 12-11-02 09:38 PM EDT (US)     19 / 95  
Bride of Hocus Day 4

No sign of the undead down here. Two frostling towns, one on the way, negotiations have started with my sisters. I may struggle to pay the wages in a few days time but what the hell. There may be less wages to pay if my aggessive foreign policy runs its course.

Turn sent.
posted 12-12-02 07:42 AM EDT (US)     20 / 95  
Serena, Day 5

In two battles, we shatter Walker´s forces near Whiskeytown, and take the village. In the northeast, the undead are now all but crushed.

Soon, the opium-addicts will be replaced by my fair elves, and the real push against the enemy will begin. Best of all, our finances have almost reached break-even. Maybe we´ll build a Wizard´s Tower in the foreseeable future!

posted 12-12-02 04:33 PM EDT (US)     21 / 95  
Turn sent.

Undead are swarming these lands... They seem to be countless, and among them, dead heroes have arisen.

posted 12-12-02 05:38 PM EDT (US)     22 / 95  
Arachna - Day 5

The undead abound in my lands, I can see a long bitter campaign ahead if I am to kill or drive them away.

I have heard of other wizards with no undead to bother them, they can have some of mine if they wish.

Turn sent

posted 12-13-02 09:25 AM EDT (US)     23 / 95  
Nimue

Almost lost my hero on a small island in a camp site, but I have more gold now.

turn sent

posted 12-15-02 10:56 AM EDT (US)     24 / 95  
Bride of Hocus Day 5 (Already!)

Scouting, seizing production resources, nodes and windmills. Was grateful to receive a new spell - now I can use up my surplus mana. After the initial skirmishes undead have been hard to find. I suspect they are repelled by the overwhelming stench of mammoth hanging around this part of the world.

Turn sent!
posted 12-15-02 11:19 AM EDT (US)     25 / 95  
Serena, Day 6

Fulfilling a quest by the spirit of nature, we receive two Karaghs and some gold.

Karaghs.

Well, those brutes are going to rebel any minute, and I just keep my fingers crossed that I can move them towards the enemy until then. Meanwhile, I´m holding my breath and pray that the Karaghs don´t do anything stupid like deciding to have El Gaucho Dorda and Lloyd Hopkins which are riding nearby for breakfast.

posted 12-16-02 05:47 AM EDT (US)     26 / 95  
Yaka, day 6

I am struggling to contain a Dark Angel who has chosen to descend upon my lands. We muster our elite fighting forces to fix this.
On another front a great force of the undead threaten to overrun me. 16-units, with a full stack of Death Knights+hero will be hard to kill, even in tactical combat. Those Knights will probably decimate my entire first rank of troops before they can fire. I take on the defensive stance, hoping for a miracle.

I found a ruin of a great city, and if I hadn't sent my settlers in the totally opposite direction I could have had a capitol by a few days time. Now it will take weeks.

- I am having restart messages every other turn, this is caused by my switching computers every second turn. The situation will change during Christmas though.

posted 12-16-02 03:27 PM EDT (US)     27 / 95  
Arachna - Day 6

Just like Yaka, the undead abound, but I managed to kill an army of 6, for the loss of just one archer, so a good start.

Turn sent on

posted 12-17-02 07:46 AM EDT (US)     28 / 95  
nimue

I have lost a battle to the undead, tried to take a city but lost 4 knights and killed only a couple of vampires. Death weakness is so powerfull.
The dark elves move in my land... they are lost or they'll attack me?

turn sent

posted 12-18-02 03:43 AM EDT (US)     29 / 95  
Flitter,

I didn't get the turn Please send it again

posted 12-18-02 06:48 AM EDT (US)     30 / 95  
Turn resent
posted 12-18-02 02:45 PM EDT (US)     31 / 95  
Karissa, day 6

Things don't look too good over here. I am moving my troops to destroy a group of armies led by the most powerful death unit, and i've just found out there is another group of death knights that are going to raid my backyard

posted 12-19-02 02:57 PM EDT (US)     32 / 95  
Bride of Hocus Day 6

Still sniffing about. Have set my sights on one of Walkers undefended towns. Once that has been taken I should be able to balance the books. One Wizard Tower coming up!

Turn sent. Received a restart message from myself. Completely inexplicable, certainly didn't do anything naughty. I'm hoping that it's a freak occurence - though the same thing happened to me in another game a couple of days ago.

Edit: Trying to get to the bottom of the restart thing here.

[This message has been edited by Hocus Pocus (edited 12-19-2002 @ 03:27 PM).]

posted 12-19-02 04:01 PM EDT (US)     33 / 95  
Serena, Day 7

As I feared, the Karaghs deserted me today. Not wanting to wait for them to strike at their leisure, I assaulted them, losing good soldiers in the battle. Note to the mapmaker: A "reward" should be a boon, not a bane!

Otherwise, the Undead flee before us. Already we can see the tip of Yaka´s forces in the south, indicating that the battle in the east will soon be won and the dark ones vanquished. We take a town from Walker´s withdrawing troops, though many undead warriors can be seen at edges of our scouting...

posted 12-21-02 09:52 AM EDT (US)     34 / 95  
Could you resend the turn? The one I received was corrupted. I hope it will work when you do..

I tried it on two separate computers..

posted 12-24-02 07:44 AM EDT (US)     35 / 95  
It seems my Hotmail is messing things up. Attachments are incomplete for some reason.. It has happned with other turns also, and the solution was switching to my alternate account:
shsogn@student.nlh.no

Use this now, but don't stick with it

May I have another resend pleasee

posted 12-26-02 10:18 AM EDT (US)     36 / 95  
Turn is on the way. Sorry for the delay, I was away over Christmas as posted in the absentee notice sticky...
posted 12-27-02 08:23 AM EDT (US)     37 / 95  
Yaka

I have made contact with the fiery Karissa, leader of an indigenous orc tribe. I offered my greetings, and let her know that I have a special place for her in my imperial taxbooks. She might even get a reduced tax!

I am hurling my troops at the undead, sending them on suicidal mission of exploration and conquest. They sacrifice themselves gladly to please me, and by these selfless acts of heroism they lessen the toll on my economy..

A beforementioned Dark Angel sweeps my land, snatching artifacts and lifting magic vaults. But I do not have anything at my disposal to match her wrath.

posted 01-03-03 06:12 PM EDT (US)     38 / 95  
At this pace, Walker will win the Race to Death.

Who´s got the turn?

posted 01-04-03 06:16 AM EDT (US)     39 / 95  
turn resent to DrasticSteve

I hope and guess it's just the holidays.

posted 01-04-03 09:47 AM EDT (US)     40 / 95  
Yep - I figured a Christmas break too. I'll mail Drastic, give him a week to reply/play his turn, and look for a sub if nothing happens.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Race to Death (Ellumesh, Rorshach, Drastic, Flitter, Llacheu, Hocus)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames