You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Drums of Death v1.2 (Nerull, Springheel, Fubarno, Timelord, Dafyth)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
posted 07-10-05 03:45 PM EDT (US)   
------------------ DRUMS OF DEATH ------------------

RULES (IMPORTANT!!)
- No trading of spells allowed (Balance: mana/gold and helpful casting is ok!).
- The life-spell ‘resurrect hero’ is banned (Balance, story + scripting conflicts).
- Agree to NOT abuse the migration-trick!!! (Balance: those that don’t know what it is, are fine).
- Make ALL players aware of these rules before starting and post these rules in the header.

I strongly suggest reading the tips and notes section
We play WL, version 1.2 with scenario's suggested team

Turn order:
Emperor Purius XI (Nerull)-> nerull at mail2usa dot com
Prince Stefanus (Springheel)-> eric at mindplaces dot com
Obrynn the Wise (Fubarno)-> rutbeer at earthlink dot net
Lady Godiva (TimeLord)-> timelorddc at gmail dot com
Omah Krimhogde (Dafyth)-> dwcarless at yahoo dot com

agreed rules :
As a team, each is worth 12 points. Below, "Wizard" refers to one of the other 4 players.
Emperor killed by any team - team gets 12 points and split 6-6.
Wizard killed by Emperor - Emperor gets 6 points for that wizard.
Wizard killed by Wizard from other team - Team gets 6 points and split 3-3.

Obviously a dead wizard lose 6 points, 12 for the Emperor, (those points earned by the team who did the kill).
No other scoring points.

If any substitute is required :
Case A) Last member alive of a team quits :
A substitute is required, is none found, the game dies and the living team(s) will be awarded a win and share WL points still available from the "quitting" team. Those points will be added to those already won (if any) at the moment the game dies.

Case b) Member of the team (not the last one) quits:
A substitute is required, is none found in a fair period of time (few days) the other member of the team will have to take over (and so play 2 wizards)

All other Standart rules untouched by previous "agreed rules" do apply. Surrender off. Teleporting off (by scenario).

I recall to everyone that's a WL game, and by playing the first turn you acknowledge the "agreed rules".

Good game and Enjoy !!

[This message has been edited by Timelord (edited 01-10-2007 @ 06:15 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-10-05 03:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 289  
I'll register the game once everyone played their first turn.
posted 07-10-05 05:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 289  
ts

Mindplaces: Fantasy art by Eric Pommer
posted 07-10-05 08:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 289  
ts
posted 07-11-05 09:02 AM EDT (US)     4 / 289  
Another TS

[This message has been edited by jsroy73 (edited 07-11-2005 @ 09:28 AM).]

posted 07-11-05 09:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 289  
How is it you've played two turns and I haven't?

posted 07-11-05 09:27 AM EDT (US)     6 / 289  
Shit, that was on the wrong thread.
posted 07-13-05 00:13 AM EDT (US)     7 / 289  
Lady Godiva - Day 1

Careless servants had not tended my pools for so long that the water has almost turned to swamp. With a hesitant sigh, I place a single toe inside the water - only to have it trying to suck it in like a creature sensing its first prey in months. With shock and disgust, I call my gardener, Jardins and ask him to hold my hand while I sense the presence of Omah through the depths of the pool.

*sigh*
Everyday, I seem to be thinking up more reasons for Jardins to be near me, that brooding tree-hulk with such gentle hands. I could have stayed in that swamp-pool forever only if Jardins would keep holding my hand. I turn around to express my feelings, "Jardins", I start...
*a splash and squishy sound of sucking*
In his haste to bow to his Lady's call, Jardins let go of her hand!

Turn sent to Fubarno.
Bruce, the turn order in the header is wrong. I didnt notice who I should send it to...taking a guess and sending it on to Fubarno.

posted 07-13-05 01:45 AM EDT (US)     8 / 289  
[/b]Obrynn the Wise - Day 1 Of The New Upheaval[/b]

For a time I have been content amongst my books and scrolls, directing my accolytes, and wisely ruling the Dwarven kingdom. The defeat of the Shadow God by my nephew and his coalition was the portent for a long time of peace, I thought, but I didn't read the signs properly.

Power breeds corruption. The one I once tutored long ago to defend the helpless and uphold the light is overcome by a shadow and now leads a war aginst his very own son, his holy warriors turned to tools of evil. Emperor Purius XI has gone into the darkness.

This has encouraged foul magic wielders of evil intent. Even now they crawl from benath their toadstools to sew their poisonous quilts, adding to the imbalance and chaos.

The muster is sounded but warriors are few. Thankfully the king of the Draconians, one of my most promising students, is eager to gain glory for his warriors. Youthful exuberance, humph! Oh, to be young again.

And then there is Prince Stefanus. I don't know him well, but I sense a pure heart and a hidden strength. I must look to him to renew the land and return it from the brink of catastrophe.

[This message has been edited by Fubarno (edited 07-13-2005 @ 01:54 AM).]

posted 07-14-05 04:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 289  
I overlooked the turn order... I used default when I created the game and turn order posting from another game assuming it would be the same. I didn't notice if Swolte created different turn order from one game to another.

So I understand, from posts, that turn order is:

1) Emperor Purius XI (BruceEstrie)
2) Prince Stefanus (Sprinheel)
3) Omah Krimhogde (jsroy73)
4) Godiva (TimeLord)
5) Obrynn the Wise (Fubarno)

... I received the game, so I'll double chech. If this order is our game order than I fear we'll have to restart, 2 players of the same team are one after the other...

posted 07-16-05 01:30 AM EDT (US)     10 / 289  
This is the game order :
1) Emperor Purius XI (BruceEstrie)
2) Prince Stefanus (Sprinheel)
3) Omah Krimhogde (jsroy73)
4) Godiva (TimeLord)
5) Obrynn the Wise (Fubarno)

Do you rather keep going or restart and make sure 2 players of same team play one after the other ?

posted 07-18-05 06:49 AM EDT (US)     11 / 289  
Restarting or not, either way is fine with me!
I just hope my dear Bane gets lucky next time around too with a good artifact.
posted 07-19-05 04:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 289  
bump?

I dont really mind the order, but if we have to restart then so be it. Too bad, I had a good start, but maybe it will be even better next time

posted 07-29-05 04:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 289  
What's the status of this game?

posted 07-29-05 06:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 289  
I think BruceEstrie is out of town.
posted 07-31-05 02:13 AM EDT (US)     15 / 289  
Since there will be a restart since I didn't pay attention at the turn order when I generated the game (And me too I had a very nice start - actually I'm not sure I'll try that gamble again... might not be as much lucky!)

And Fub is right, I'll be returning home in few days (4-5), sorry for the delay.

posted 08-04-05 04:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 289  
Game regenerated and sent.
Now order as per sticky post, so all three teams play together (Empire, Obryn-Stefanus, Godiva-Omah)
posted 08-04-05 08:15 PM EDT (US)     17 / 289  
Ts, though I got some kind of spam-blocker message, so I don't know whether it went through or not.

posted 08-04-05 09:33 PM EDT (US)     18 / 289  
Obrynn - 1

TS to Timelord

(Springheel, I added you to my email list so you shouldn't experience the spamblocker message again.)

posted 08-08-05 03:43 AM EDT (US)     19 / 289  
Lady of the Pools - Day 1

Like a foretelling sensed in a dream, events unravelled the same way they did! If slightly marred by tougher resistance and more opponents and a not-quite useful little artifact, it was still quite a shock that everything happened as they did!
...but I did remember the splash in the dream and if anything can be changed, it should be!! The effrontery of that man - dropping me into a pool like a sack of stone. Sitting a-straddled on his shoulders, I ask him to wade to the center of the pool and touch a delicate toe to the slimy water. Omah - in all her resplendent Goblin glory, beautiful (if only by Goblin standards) and resolute. We are going to make men obey our every whim...and it starts today with Jardins.

Turn sent to Jsroy

posted 08-08-05 03:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 289  
Ouch!

ts

posted 08-09-05 01:55 AM EDT (US)     21 / 289  
***** Emperor Purius XI *****

Good evening Generals,

This is our first meeting since we, Archons, banished evilness. Some minor races leaders now claim what is mine. Even worst, Stefanus the traitor is leading some villages against my Will. This shall not be tolerated.

Phobius will be under siege tomorrow and might even fall, depending how many defenders stay indoor... but they will most likely run for their life, we all know their courage !

Villagers of Tirandu will certainly be remembered who their Emperor is... some might live if they bow low enough.

Averni's garnison just proclaimed themselves independent... I bet I'll be able to teach them the value of gold. But that must wait, budget is still written with red ink.

Today's accomplishment goes to Serverus, who handle 4 guarding elves (I know, only elves... but still.) by himself.

Today's stupidity goes to that fool (now deep in a dungeon! who send 2 warmachines against a lonely ingineer... I know he was alone, but engineers has sabotage!

Now go mighty Generals, and fight as archons !

DUTY AND HONOR !!

posted 08-13-05 08:59 AM EDT (US)     22 / 289  
The Emperor has hit us hard, as we expected. I don't know how many villages will be able to resist their forces. Unfortunately, our side is quite poor and unable to hire any troops to help. We are trying to decide where to make our stand.

posted 08-16-05 02:14 PM EDT (US)     23 / 289  
Obrynn - 2

Things progress at a steady clip as I gear up for war.

posted 08-22-05 00:03 AM EDT (US)     24 / 289  
Lady Godiva

With the old alliances with the Goblins reforged, the Dark Elven nation can start an earnest search for more heroes to carry forth the glory.
Lady Bane has secured enough followers now to start fighting in earnest, though the last battle was not easy at all. Dalviana on the other hand, achieved spectacular successes in her two battles and is poised to advance quickly in her abilities - pray, one of that should be Healing.

Turn sent

posted 08-23-05 05:48 PM EDT (US)     25 / 289  
Bribed one of the Emperor's generals to join us, but it drained our coffers.

posted 08-24-05 02:49 AM EDT (US)     26 / 289  
Obrynn - 3

A young lass from the Syron race was persuaded to loin my draco army.

Remabant and his company ran down some rampaging minotaurs.

posted 08-25-05 01:55 AM EDT (US)     27 / 289  
Lady Godiva - Day 3

Stretching langurously by one of the pools, I engage Omah in conversation and we talk of baubles and men and how easy it is to kill or snare them. It seems that even though all races are different, the males all have the same weaknesses *cough* um, characteristics.

Lady Bane and Dalviana are progressing in strength rapidly, though each is far short of where I stand now. Reminding them of that just seems to spur them on to achieve more in a day than I thought possible. Maybe, women are not so different from men, after all - just different weaknesses. Hmmmm. *thoughtful frown*

Now, Jardins, here is one to take one's breath away just by his mere touch. Of course, he cannot be called a man...it would be so...so demeaning!!! He makes a tree trunk look slim!! My own Jardins!

Turn sent

posted 08-25-05 10:38 PM EDT (US)     28 / 289  
Obrynn -

Shankur reports some raiders from the desert have infiltrated his caverns and will cause some discomfort. This is unfortunate.

Rembant is saddened by the greedy dwarves he was forced to slay today as they obstructed the necesary steps needed to gear up for conflict.

posted 08-26-05 03:39 PM EDT (US)     29 / 289  
ts

posted 08-30-05 02:10 AM EDT (US)     30 / 289  
Lady Godiva - Day 3

My sisters have gone into a sulk! Neither refuses to do anything which might harm her followers. Her?!!!!! They forget everyone are my followers! Something has to be done to remind them of that...and the droplets splashing out of my pools as I enjoy the soothing caresses of Jardins will certainly not do that.

I command Jardins to find a suitable place for me to explore, one which will not harm my delicate senses and yet, give me a chance to exercise my powers. A quest of great importance and Jardins has already set forth, sending scouts in all directions to please his mistress. Till they return, I guess I have nothing else to do other than relax and prepare myself for the upcoming encounter. *Splash*

Turn sent

posted 09-08-05 00:46 AM EDT (US)     31 / 289  
We seem to be stuck. Is it with JSRoy, and does he require a resend?
posted 09-08-05 02:19 AM EDT (US)     32 / 289  
I did send it to Jsroy (along with the other email games I had to send to him). I will email him and if he requires a resend, I can send it again!
posted 09-08-05 11:36 AM EDT (US)     33 / 289  
Thanks Timelord. JSRoy, I know you're out there...

[This message has been edited by Fubarno (edited 09-08-2005 @ 11:37 AM).]

posted 09-09-05 02:09 AM EDT (US)     34 / 289  
I have resent the turn to Jsroy, just in case...
posted 09-09-05 10:02 PM EDT (US)     35 / 289  
Thanks for the resend. Dont hesitate to eMail me when games are stuck at my turn if you can. Anyway, I just received the turn and played it.
posted 09-09-05 10:38 PM EDT (US)     36 / 289  
TS
posted 09-10-05 10:14 AM EDT (US)     37 / 289  
I just got another message saying my email couldn't be sent because "To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand."

posted 09-13-05 01:04 AM EDT (US)     38 / 289  
Obrynn - 5

A hero of the dwarves has rallied to lead my forces. We must now get our finances in better order as gold and especially man is in short supply.

posted 09-15-05 02:11 AM EDT (US)     39 / 289  
Lady Godiva - Day 5

What wretched lands are these where animals roam freely and have not the respect for witches' holdings as they rightly should have?. And what people are these *tongue curdling in distate* Archons who will go to any lengths to secure these lands?. Dalviana is infuriated!! and so is Lady Bane! Why must a warlord stand guard when he can accompany her growing army?. Why doesn't the earth elemental crumble to the stone it was wrought from at the sight of her fiery self?.
With both questions answered to her satisfaction, I finally decide to step outside to charm two of those cute frostling riders...tomorrow, maybe.

Turn sent
posted 09-17-05 12:06 PM EDT (US)     40 / 289  
I played my turn during last night... TS
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Drums of Death v1.2 (Nerull, Springheel, Fubarno, Timelord, Dafyth)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames