You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Pestilence & Famine (Fubarno - Final Bolt)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 09-18-05 10:15 AM EDT (US)   
Ladder Game

Map: Pestilence & Famine 1.08 by JWorth
Standard House Rules
All exploits based on program malfunctioning are forbidden.

Famine (Death) Fubarno
Pestilence (Death) Final Bolt

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 09-24-2005 @ 01:58 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-18-05 02:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 72  
Famine - 1

So begins my freedom from imprisonment. I soon shall corrupt all goodness and the land shall darken in my wake.

Good luck Final Bolt

posted 09-23-05 02:01 AM EDT (US)     2 / 72  
Pestilence - day 1

Moving out from our dark harbour to subdue this land under our will! The long years of imprisonment have made us insane, I'm afraid ... hehehe ...

Good luck Fubarno!
TS

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 09-24-2005 @ 01:58 AM).]

posted 09-23-05 04:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 72  
Famine 2

The Famine spreads

posted 09-24-05 02:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 72  
Pestilence - day 2

Explored a campsite and found a new helmet for Mobius. That was good for his skin head! - There is a ruin there. Why has nobody thought yet to resurrect it? Towers, new towers ... hohoho ...

TS

Comment:
The combat system must be buggy! Mobius finished one opponent with single blow by inflicting 12 DAM. He has 8 DAM strike + 2 DAM charge, makes 10 DAM maximum. Additional he has Death Strike, but the opponent was not cursed! So where do the 12 DAM come from? The opponent was a Frostling Wolfrider who is reported to have Fire Weakness. So did Fire Weakness also invite Death Damage? (I also regularly observe phantastic damages inflicted by AI indepenents.)

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 09-24-2005 @ 02:51 AM).]

posted 09-24-05 01:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 72  
Famine -

I watch with pride as me evil host wreaks havok.

Note: A unit doesn't need to be cursed to take death damage. Cursed just makes a unit more susceptable to aditional death damage, right?

posted 09-24-05 03:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 72  
Pestilence - day 3

In a nearby chamber we met upon a heroine who choose to join us: Stygia! Now Mobius is not so alone any more ... hihihi

TS

Quote:

A unit doesn't need to be cursed to take death damage. Cursed just makes a unit more susceptable to aditional death damage, right?

That seem basically possible, but isn't the common teaching! People assume that Death Weakness is required in order to acquire Death Damage in the sense of added DAM value.

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 09-24-2005 @ 04:01 PM).]

posted 09-24-05 06:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 72  
Famine -

A new hero joined my motley crew too.

posted 09-25-05 02:53 AM EDT (US)     8 / 72  
Pestilence - day 4

TS

posted 09-25-05 11:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 72  
Famine -

My tenticles grope their way out.

posted 09-26-05 03:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 72  
Pestilence - day 5

The Temple of Pestilence has been rebuilt. Now we feel much better ...

TS

posted 09-26-05 03:51 AM EDT (US)     11 / 72  
Famine -

We are prepared to raze our first dwarven village tomorrow. The first of many...

posted 09-26-05 05:48 AM EDT (US)     12 / 72  
Pestilence - day 6

Making treasure, thick fat treasure ... huhuhu !!

TS

posted 09-26-05 06:52 AM EDT (US)     13 / 72  
Sorry to barge in!

To clarify, a unit has to be cursed to take additional damage due to death strike. If it is not cursed, there is just a possibility that it will get cursed - there is no chance of increased damage. Since cursed bestows death weakness upon a unit, it takes additional damage!! Even though some features might be bugged in SM, the damage system is certainly not one of those.

FB, in your case, I suspect there must have been some other factor. Did you actually see in the left bottom window that Mobius inflicted 12 dam or was it your observation that the frostling rider died in one blow?.

Quote:

People assume that Death Weakness is required in order to acquire Death Damage in the sense of added DAM value.

People don't assume, FB, they know!
After playing the game for a couple of years, you should know too!

[This message has been edited by Timelord (edited 09-26-2005 @ 06:56 AM).]

posted 09-26-05 08:51 AM EDT (US)     14 / 72  
Timelord, I have learned to be careful with my assertions. If you boast in pride, perhaps you should at least justify where your "knowledge" comes from? If you have a "good wire" to the developers who have confirmed you about this, please let us know. Otherwise I'm afraid you will have to regard all theorems about the bahaviour of AoW as a hypothetical science as anybody else is bound to!
posted 09-26-05 09:32 AM EDT (US)     15 / 72  
FB, I have no cause to pick a fight with you. I do know that you are quite careful in anything you say about anything!

However, this topic has been discussed to death in the General Discussions forum and everybody *knows* how damage is dealt out w.r.t protections and weaknesses.
After playing SM for more than 2 years, I know for a fact that additional strikes (death, holy, etc.) do not deal additional damage without a weakness to that particular type of strike.
So, death strike can deal additional damage only when a unit has death weakness! Otherwise, there is a chance that the unit might become cursed (and hence, suffer death weakness which might deal additional damage the next strike onward).

I refer you to this thread where Greenmonster and Kharagh explain the mechanics of strikes and damages. As you can see, I was labouring under the same misconceptions as yourself at that time but it was clarified.
If you are still not satisfied, please search for either Protections or Weaknesses in the General Discussion Thread and the resulting search results should tell you all you need to know about special strikes, damages, protections, weaknesses, etc. Or if you are still an unbeliever, just test it out yourself.

posted 09-26-05 01:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 72  
I believe we have a problem of adequate attitudes here!

So what are the foundations of the knowledge you offer?

Quote:

However, this topic has been discussed to death ...

Discussion does not constitute secure knowledge!

Quote:

After playing SM for more than 2 years, I know for a fact ...

Playing practice does not constitute secure knowledge, at the best falsifiable!

So I resume the following:

You come here and penetrate the relative privacy of our turn log, you boast in pride and jealousy of your knowledge which is in fact no better guesswork than anybody else's, on top you start ridiculing a game player for what is, as I surmise, a more mature attitude towards science and knowledge. You continue to talk of "misconceptions" on my side, which is pure phantasy and allegation!

Considering the fact that you don't even answer my legitimate applications for game roles in the threads you manage, I regard your behaviour here as inappropriate and misbehaviour and I would rather appreciate you would stand away from it!

Could it be you need a little chill-out from time to time? Or from Timelord to Timelord?

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 09-26-2005 @ 01:31 PM).]

posted 09-26-05 03:33 PM EDT (US)     17 / 72  
Shame on me. I've been playing pbem games for three years now and played single player original AoW when it came out and I still don't know all the permutations.

Anyway, I don't think TL meant to be boastful of his AoW knowledge and or belittle FB's. More likely trying to be helpful, though I don't know that he answered FB's question. This is a very civilized board guys and I respect both of your knowledge and contributions. Peace!

TS

posted 09-27-05 03:44 AM EDT (US)     18 / 72  
ROFL, Fubarno! Do you get panicked by the slightest sign of conflict? - As I see it, a clear word was required here and I hope you didn't see anything uncivilized in this conversation.

Pestilence - day 7

TS

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 09-27-2005 @ 03:45 AM).]

posted 09-27-05 02:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 72  
Famine -

ts

Well, panicked is hardly the word for it, but I don't see the need to get ones feathers ruffled at the drop of an innocuous paragraph from someone that I saw as trying to offer some insight on the question regarding the damage your unit inflicted.

Do you have some other conflicts with Timelord that I am unaware of that perhaps would give you cause to brow beat him for, "inappropriate misbehaviour" as well as some of the other stuff you characterized him on? If so, than carry on, but I was just surprised at such a quick degeneration in the discussion.

posted 09-27-05 06:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 72  
Pestilence - day 8

Mobius discovered a rich Tigran town outside of this world, on the surface! Of course it is now in our hands!

TS

posted 09-27-05 10:12 PM EDT (US)     21 / 72  
Famine -

Those dwarves fought hard today, not the least bit interested in the charms of the vampire leader. That group lost some troops today because of it and spoiled my intricate plan. Grrrr....

posted 09-28-05 02:16 AM EDT (US)     22 / 72  
Pestilence - day 9

Spreading out to gain more .. still more and more ..

TS

posted 09-28-05 10:56 PM EDT (US)     23 / 72  
Famine -

In the face of yesterdays marginal victories, today proved far more successful.

posted 09-29-05 02:39 AM EDT (US)     24 / 72  
Pestilence - day 10

Roaming about in the endless aisles of the underground!

TS

posted 09-29-05 06:45 PM EDT (US)     25 / 72  
Famine - 11

The warm blooded continue to fall relentlessly before my onslaught. Meanwhile, a dark elf showed up at my door wanting to share in the glory, for a small fee.

posted 09-30-05 02:43 AM EDT (US)     26 / 72  
Pestilence - day 11

A Dwarven village has taken the shape of the Undead!

TS

posted 09-30-05 01:26 PM EDT (US)     27 / 72  
Famine - 10

A couple of mills captured by my murderers.

My computer shut off during my turn. The restart turned out worse than how I was doing before.

posted 10-01-05 01:40 AM EDT (US)     28 / 72  
Yeah, even your days are counting backwards!

Pestilence - day 12

We are exploring a strange lake district in the underground!

TS

posted 10-01-05 02:18 PM EDT (US)     29 / 72  
Famine -

A bad day. Eternus didn't live up to his name and fell to a dwarven axe. Perhaps he'll live again someday.

I can never keep track of turns.

posted 10-04-05 01:44 PM EDT (US)     30 / 72  
Pestilence - day 13

Day 13, we shiver by the bare name! Fights today against Dwarven pack. Suffered a lot of damage and we will have to rest for a while. Hope it doesn't come worse over night!

TS

posted 10-04-05 06:57 PM EDT (US)     31 / 72  
Famine -

Follow up forces warily approach the site of yesterdays defeat.

posted 10-06-05 02:43 PM EDT (US)     32 / 72  
Pestilence - day 14

Despite our injuries we managed to gain another gold resource.

TS
Restart due to game installation.

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 10-06-2005 @ 02:44 PM).]

posted 10-06-05 05:27 PM EDT (US)     33 / 72  
Famine -

A quiet day at the mausoleum...

posted 10-07-05 02:56 AM EDT (US)     34 / 72  
Pestilence - day 15

Good performance today! Our sly dancer girl managed to convince an Orc Warlord into our troops.

TS

posted 10-07-05 11:45 PM EDT (US)     35 / 72  
Famine -

We get a small bit of revenge today...

posted 10-09-05 05:26 AM EDT (US)     36 / 72  
Pestilence - day 16

One of the early war targets fulfilled: the Orcish town is ours!

TS

posted 10-09-05 01:29 PM EDT (US)     37 / 72  
ts
posted 10-10-05 06:19 PM EDT (US)     38 / 72  
Pestilence - day 17

Moving on!

TS

posted 10-11-05 00:20 AM EDT (US)     39 / 72  
Famine - 18 I think

My mindless horde burns and pillages its way toward it's destiny.

posted 10-12-05 02:29 AM EDT (US)     40 / 72  
Pestilence - day 18

Still more Dwarves defeated! We wonder how many more easy going Dwarven towns will appear in our path.

TS

[This message has been edited by Final Bolt (edited 10-12-2005 @ 02:35 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Pestilence & Famine (Fubarno - Final Bolt)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames