You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Random 1 (Fubarno vs Enginerd)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 04-11-06 05:34 AM EDT (US)   
Large random(?) map with underground. 3 AI wizards.

Scythe-beard (Archons) - Fubarno (rutbeer AT earthlink DOT net)
Myranna (Halflings) - Enginerd (mjschuck AT fidnet DOT com)

Map notes -
AI wizards are extremely powerful, more so than your wizards. The map is rich around the starting areas of wizards and lesser so out in the extreme perimeters. There are some strong area guards/patrols about...be warned!
Good luck and any feedback you have, you can post it here or mail me!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
Replies:
posted 04-11-06 02:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 159  
Scythe-beard - 1

With a questing nature my peoples agree to go forth and explore the surrounding wilderness. Like spokes in a wheel I dispatch scouts out across the steppe to discover what neighbors we have and what forage can be found.

ts.
Good luck Enginerd. We're doing this as a WL map, correct? Confirm this and I'll register this game.

Timelord. Thanks again for the setup. Let me know when I can return the favor.

posted 04-11-06 06:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 159  
Myranna day 1

We embark on bold adventures... the battles go well for us losing only minor peasants. Our slinger has a nice shiny gold medal... he performed quite well and we pick up a fairly useless item... maybe we can make it work.

Don't see any wandering beasts... let's hope it stays that way.

WL - yes
Timelord - thanks for setting it up
Fubarno - good luck (I hope to crush you)

posted 04-12-06 07:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 159  
S-B day 2

Seemingly from nowhere the wilderness came alive. Three skeletons were dispatched in the north and my pegasus rider was nearly killed by ambush from a spy and bandit. She fled for her life. A lone minotaur also makes his way toward my lands. What other surprises will I encounter?

posted 04-12-06 07:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 159  
Myranna day 2

Yikes! Spies appeared from out of nowhere and ambushed us, most unfortunate to lose our builder.... hope I didn't need to rebuild something nearby

Now the spies are concealed and I can't see them... must prepare for another attack I guess.

posted 04-13-06 03:58 AM EDT (US)     5 / 159  
S-B day 3

The minotaur was killed and the peasants in the countryside breath a sigh of releaf. An air node and a windmill farm were captured today to add to the goldmine captured and dwarf village bribed yesterday. Unfortunately all the dwarf soldiers are already dead, but I didn't get my gold back. I keep my builder back just in case

Edit: OK, I registered our game as WL. Time to harvest some points from Enginerd

[This message has been edited by Fubarno (edited 04-13-2006 @ 12:26 PM).]

posted 04-13-06 07:18 PM EDT (US)     6 / 159  
Myranna day 3

Two spies were dealt with, two more bandits are out there and we capture a nice pond that lets us see our rival.... he is busy exploring so there isn't much to see right now.

posted 04-14-06 06:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 159  
Myranna day 4

Arghhh! Stupid wandering indies are really annoying me.... We'll recover but all this back and forth chasing them down is getting old.

posted 04-15-06 09:21 AM EDT (US)     8 / 159  
Myranna

We move out to begin once again on great adventures, no signs of the indies or roaming guards (but that doesn't mean they won't pop up and surprise us)

posted 04-15-06 05:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 159  
Myranna day 6

We do what we planned on doing 3 days ago but couldn't because we got "distracted" by those spies and bandits!

Now we hope we can move forward and expand as we planned.

posted 04-15-06 08:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 159  
Myranna day 7

We finally capture the tower (something we wanted to do days ago ) and now we can see far and wide.... we like what we see so off we go to capture more goodies.

posted 04-15-06 08:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 159  
S-B

A wretched day as I lose my hero, Frederick I think, and he just learned to heal. Also falling are my precious pegasus rider, a changeling I just freed from a fortress dungeon and a unicorn.

Meanwhile three seperate patrols of hostile indies approach me from N, NE and E.

posted 04-15-06 09:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 159  
S-B

A pterydon rider and draco's chase me back towards my castle as goblin's look like they might siege my castle. Some human tribespeople steal my posessions. It'll be a couple days before I clear up this mess, if I clear it up.

posted 04-15-06 10:15 PM EDT (US)     13 / 159  
Myranna day 8

A fine day of casting vengeful vapor on our enemies... we don't see any more wandering beasts and our explorations continue... we have found a well defended goblin city.... we'll worry about that one in a few days for we have other objectives to conquer first.

posted 04-15-06 11:45 PM EDT (US)     14 / 159  
Myranna

We saw a nice battle wher Scythe beat up on some wandering goblins... maybe he can venture forth out of his capital now and then I won't be able to see him

We do well moving troops around.. more battles tomorrow.

posted 04-16-06 00:47 AM EDT (US)     15 / 159  
S-B

My followers foray out again. Maybe second times a charm. Immediatly within range of my main force is the pterydon stack and the tribal stack. Hopefully my forces are lucky toomorrow.

posted 04-16-06 00:54 AM EDT (US)     16 / 159  
Myranna day 10

We seem to have far fewer wandering beasts in front of us than our enemy. No signs of new intruders now for a few days, we're feeling lucky and not complaining a bit. Another town falls under our control... we have our eyes set on another one in a couple days. May luck continue with us....

posted 04-16-06 01:40 AM EDT (US)     17 / 159  
Svthe-beard - 11

My show of force drove off the cowardly raiders. Unfortunately for the tribal band, they were within range of my warriors and we slaughtered them with holy glee. The ptrydon rider group fled far to the east. I spotted them from the watch tower I had to sieze today from some elven bowman.

posted 04-16-06 09:16 AM EDT (US)     18 / 159  
Myranna day 11

We discover a very interesting sign warning us about a dragon underground..... not sure what we will do about that for now. We're a bit too busy preparing for the Saint and Cardinal that will attack our troops in the night.... we think we will survive with minimal losses... as long as that 6 stack of gargoyles guarding a recruitment site nearby stays away (don't know how we'll take that group out... maybe in a week or two).

Spotted a spider queen with our scout.... the scout will die a horrible death

posted 04-16-06 08:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 159  
Myranna day 12

More explorations.... more area guards spotted... we proceed cautiously.

posted 04-17-06 08:30 PM EDT (US)     20 / 159  
Myranna

A fine day again. Off to capture that goblin town tomorrow and hopefully enough troops will survive when the spider queen attacks after that.

Found a nice recruitment site... it was deserted.... guess that's why it wasn't guarded

posted 04-18-06 08:06 PM EDT (US)     21 / 159  
Myranna day 14

Efforts continue.. we expect to be attacked by spiders in the night... we are prepared.

Exploration continues.

posted 04-18-06 08:36 PM EDT (US)     22 / 159  
Last couple days...

I managed to lead my troops into the wilderness again, hoping that the wild in wilderness is taken out.

Previous explorations revealed an inn with many hearty adventurers that had not yet been hired and to the south a village of cat people. I have hired two of the more powerful minions of the inn and captured the village of reluctant subjects, but I am thrown into chaos again as an enemy wizard, Vorsar, has charged into my struggling kingdom with two veteran and one elite knight along with a priest. I march hard to hopefully catch these invaders before they can cause too much damage.

posted 04-18-06 10:02 PM EDT (US)     23 / 159  
Myranna

Took care of a couple wandering spiders. One scout has ventured below ground..... not sure he'll survive the night or not... Met more of Varsars troops out there... he has lots it seems. Expect another attack or two by wandering indies in the night.... one group will do quite well, the other will not.

posted 04-19-06 06:51 PM EDT (US)     24 / 159  
Myranna

Yikes! Yaka and his troops are approaching.... no need to worry too much as there is a river between us.... except there is a bridge.... and he has a wyvern and beholder leading the pack

Elsewhere a red knight came out of nowhere and killed some feeble scouts

At least the goblin city will finish migrating in the morning.

posted 04-20-06 07:46 PM EDT (US)     25 / 159  
Myranna

We killed the beholder..... just barely.... we turn back and lick our wounds and hope the other forces of Yaka stay where they are.

Elsewhere... the red knight has joined up with other swordsmen and they are approaching.... we move to meet them... will they come closer???

posted 04-21-06 02:55 AM EDT (US)     26 / 159  
Scythe-beard

Two of the knights were run down. The other was reinforced and I give chase to it from the south and approach a market place. Hopefully Vorsar doesn't have extra troops nearby because I moved a weaker stack within range of this group from the west.

posted 04-23-06 11:54 PM EDT (US)     27 / 159  
Scythe-beard - 20

It's hard to believe that it's 20 days into my campaign and things have not become much easier.

I turned alone from the advance by main force and left Tengar in charge. He reports that one of Vorsar's towns was spotted and may be sieged tomorrow.

Meanwhile I am hustling to return to my tower as a new threat exposed itself. Dalviana has sent an orc hero and a spider queen into my poorly defended lands. My newest field leader Frederic will hopefully get back to defend my tower as I'll be late...

posted 04-29-06 09:04 PM EDT (US)     28 / 159  
Myranna day 20?

Tragic loss in the night to one beloved hero... he died uselessly caught off exploring by a bunch of wandering beasts

We avenge his death by kill the beasts and our wounded troops realize that another stack of evil beasts is just around the corner, Yikes!

Elsewhere.. explorations continue.

posted 04-30-06 01:54 AM EDT (US)     29 / 159  
Scythe-beard

A dwarven town is taken from me by an orc wizards troops.

I take a human town, but the inhabitants are grumbling and discontented under their new ruler.

posted 04-30-06 09:20 AM EDT (US)     30 / 159  
Myranna day 21

The indies backed off so we give them chase. More troops of Yaka and Vorsar are out there... quite strong in fact... we will soon bring the battles to them (we hope).

posted 04-30-06 07:57 PM EDT (US)     31 / 159  
Myranna day 22

We kill the wandering beasts.. try and take a node (it didn't work) and flee before the mighty troops of Yaka headed our way again Maybe this time we can that wyvern and hero...

posted 05-01-06 08:01 PM EDT (US)     32 / 159  
Myranna

Slow going, we cautiously advance into the unknown... Vorsar and Yaka seem to be at every turn Tomorrow we hope to strike a blow against Vorsar...we'll see how it goes.

posted 05-03-06 04:03 PM EDT (US)     33 / 159  
Late post, too tired last night.

Things are starting to gel as I establish outposts and stronger bands of warriors to protect my frontier.

One such band enters into the domain of a dark elf wizard.

An outpost is warned of an approaching force flying Vorsar's flag by a quickly retreating unicorn.

posted 05-03-06 11:05 PM EDT (US)     34 / 159  
Myranna day 25

Vorsar and Yaka continue to pose a great threat but we are protecting our borders and testing them where we can..

posted 05-04-06 02:54 AM EDT (US)     35 / 159  
Scythe-beard

Tengar pushes forward into mysterious and evil looking lands. The whole band is anxious to stamp out some evil...

Also, a special, shiny new force is being organised for special operations..

posted 05-04-06 08:37 PM EDT (US)     36 / 159  
Myranna

We bother Vorsar a little bit and wonder what fun we'll have with him tomorrow...

Yaka is approaching again, maybe we can persuade him to stay at home!

posted 05-05-06 05:54 AM EDT (US)     37 / 159  
Excuse mefor butting in, guys...but it sounds like this map is better played co-op

Is the map AI too difficult for a 1 vs 1 game, perhaps? My apologies if I made the map too difficult for you guys to enjoy!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 05-05-06 04:16 PM EDT (US)     38 / 159  
Hi Timelord. I would say it is challenging and caught me off guard a couple times, which is fine. Expansion was muted in the beginning and we both lost our start hero. I've built up a couple forces now that are pushing out into the unknown. I'm fine with it but it's not a beginner map

How's the map coming for LtR and myself? No pressure, but this is the longest time in which he and I haven't had a game going. I'm having withdrawals from crushing his cookies...

If you check back here TL, I know you have many games going, but if you get time I was wondering if you wanted to run my Destiny of Rivals map from opposite sides? Can be for fun or WL

Scythe-beard

Vorsar's scouting force of two cavalry was ambushed by a unicorn led force of crossbowman. It is known that more are in the bush. Hopefully they won't take my town while the garisson is away.

My shiny new force almost mutinied as they were annoyed by the constant preaching of the holy priest who accompanied them.

Tengar pushes deeper into wasted lands, as does Frederick.

posted 05-05-06 10:15 PM EDT (US)     39 / 159  
Myranna day 27

A fine day laying a few traps for the invaders.... we'll see how well it works... we think we can trap one of Vorsars mighty heroes however we do worry a bit about Yaka and his 2 stacks of support troops heading our way We hope to stop them at the bottleneck on the bridge... could get interesting.

TL - Yes a tough map and it's helping me learn more about the game (as I still think I'm a bit new at this) and I fear in the end the victor will be the one who can deal more effectively with the computer players. Early losses (mostly from random beasts attacking) have made things difficult but not insurmountable. I think Fubarno is doing better as he is "popular" or something like that and I am still "weak". There is still probably 15-20 days or more of play with the computer players before things really get exciting between us. My expansion efforts are in full force too, hopefully I can build up a sizable threat by the time we meet

posted 05-06-06 05:44 AM EDT (US)     40 / 159  
S-B
Day 28 (I think)

A small but pwerful Dalviana force with two heroes, sorceress and butcher is spotted by Ector and Frederic's force. Hopefully they don't have reinforcements in the area. I conjure a unicorn for added support.

Tengar spots what looks to be a nomad village. They'll need to do some further investigation.

Force Shiny dropped of the constantly preaching archon priest so as to take on a new companion.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Random 1 (Fubarno vs Enginerd)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames