You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (WL) Valley of Turmoil LTR vs TL (WL)
posted 07-17-06 05:17 PM EDT (US)   
Game has started

LordTheRon -> Queen Noora of the Elves
Timelord -> Cruel Grumshank of the Orcs

All houserules in effect, teleporting and surrender disabled.

Good luck and mostly have fun!

Replies:
posted 07-17-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 27  
Queen Noora day 1

The time has come! It is time to reunite these lands for the sake of goodness. The Elves shall prevail!

We started out nicely persuading quite a few followers to join our noble crusade against all filth that inhabits these lands.

posted 07-19-06 02:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank - Day 1

The Orcs are demanding money to fight??!!! When did they require anything more than the promise of blood and flesh to fall behind their leader??!!

Thankfully, a dark elf lady offered her services and she also brought along a monstrous-looking Nomad brute who claims he has vast experience handling errant slaves. Lets see whether that helps! Just to make things easier, I have also recruited a warlord to train the new recruits quickly.

Turn sent

Good Luck, LtR!

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
posted 07-20-06 05:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 27  
Queen Noora day 2

My brave brother has found me. He'll join us soon. Meanwhile my nymph isn't performing anywhere near her maximum. We had to kill a fellow Elf because of that.

---

Sorry for the restart. My cideocard overheated. The wire of the fan somehow got loose. This is fixed now. Nothing major but a small battle vs independents that ended up worse than before thanks to my ugly Nymph.

Good luck to you too TL!

posted 07-24-06 02:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank - Day 2

My uncle joined me and I must say, he looks far stronger than me given his age! Coffers are running dry and research is slowing down dramatically...yet, hopes are high and we hope to taste some Elven flesh soon.

Turn sent

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
posted 07-24-06 09:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 27  
Queen Noora day 3

We persuaded a few Dwarves to join us. Our ranks are swelling but our goldreserves are depleting. Thanks to some good fighting we're out of the red numbers now though!

posted 07-25-06 02:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 27  
Cruel Grumshanks -

Two heroes in one day and a quest fulfilled and a witch crying out to join me...what more can a man want, even if he is an Orc?!!

Turn sent

I downloaded the map yesterday and checked it briefly in the editor. Just letting you know...

posted 07-25-06 08:45 AM EDT (US)     7 / 27  
I also checked it editor very briefly when it came out, but I'm playing it as it comes not using the editor to see what's my best option. I think it's more fun to just explore the map and see what comes along. Lots of possibilities at least! I've had lots of choices during my first turns.
posted 07-25-06 09:21 AM EDT (US)     8 / 27  
I wanted to play it blind too. Then, I saw Swolte's comment in the downloads section about the Elves having a more useful domain, so wanted to check whether you start on the surface or not.

Haven't checked any of the events though or explored the map thoroughly. Haven't got the time, to tell the truth.

posted 07-25-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27  
Queen Noora day 4

We happily continue our explorations and find more supporters every day. I think we smell some foul Orcs though, which could be bad news!

posted 07-28-06 04:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 27  
Cruel Grumshanks - Day 4

Though my orc cavalry was slain by a lurking Elfie ranger, that said ranger was seduced into my folds at the first sight of the lovely succubi...

A spy is seen...huge fires are prepared and massive cookpots cleaned with pig lard and made ready...elven flesh tastes best when cooked with their close cousins (the pigs!) though my generals have claimed the human flesh for themselves....raw!

Turn sent

LtR, apologies for the restart. The game didn't come out of the combat screen after I seduced the ranger (which your spy witnessed). Had to exit through Task Manager.
Had 2 other battles - first one went worse than the first time around and second one, there was no difference (well, maybe a few more wounds for my priest, but nothing major)

posted 07-29-06 10:59 AM EDT (US)     11 / 27  
Queen Noora day 5

A rather good day as we won two reasonably important fights. Let's see what the spirit of Order has to offer us tomorrow.

posted 08-02-06 01:22 AM EDT (US)     12 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank -

More victories and important battles planned for tomorrow...pity Noora's spy was dinner for those crocs, my succubus was looking to play with him!

Turn sent

posted 08-06-06 11:07 AM EDT (US)     13 / 27  
Queen Noora day 6

Three interesting troops joined forces with us. We're still making very nice progress.

posted 08-08-06 05:25 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27  
Queen Noora day 7

Goodness gracious. A horrible, horrible turn of events due to an incredible amount of bad luck lost us four very important units. I hope we can recuperate!

posted 08-09-06 06:28 AM EDT (US)     15 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank -

Guess those 4 units were important, as our reputation jumped to Magnificent while Noora is merely promising...a promise that will be nipped in the bud!

Turn sent

posted 08-09-06 05:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27  
Queen Noora day 8

You bet those units were important! Anyways we killed four of your Grumshank, although probably nothing serious, just a few scouts.

posted 08-10-06 02:27 PM EDT (US)     17 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank -

As a favor to Noora's bad position, we explored a ruin for her...its a pity none of her units were killed though!

Turn sent

Looks like your luck is turning, LtR

posted 08-10-06 06:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27  
Queen Noora day 9

Well we could use that bit of luck. Our scout is reporting trouble coming from the west. We prepare ourselves.

posted 08-11-06 06:17 AM EDT (US)     19 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank -

Sukura and his cyclops now work for the Master of Orcs and Goblins.

Turn sent

posted 08-11-06 12:15 PM EDT (US)     20 / 27  
Queen Noora day 10

Looks like we need a whole bunch of extra luck to turn the tides as lots and lots of enemies are spotted, basically everywhere.

posted 08-14-06 11:31 AM EDT (US)     21 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank -

Looks like Noora's armies have consolidated. A big battle is on the cards...

Turn sent

posted 08-14-06 03:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 27  
Queen Noora day 11

We stand our ground, though it might not be our greatest plan ever, we just cannot let these hideous forces pass into our lands.

One small moment of joy as we sank two of Cruel's little transport ships with a nymph and a boat we recruited from one of Cruel's own recruiting sites.

posted 08-16-06 07:14 AM EDT (US)     23 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank -

The armies of Noora standing their ground were decimated and the mighty Dwarven hero now serves the Cause of the Orc.

Emboldened by this victory, Nisaj led an attack on the remaining watchtower bordering our lands and was able to seduce both the hero and one of his accompanying companions. A second front of 2 strong stacks makes its presence felt in the north now.

Underground, things are progressing nicely as ever.

Turn sent

posted 08-18-06 10:27 AM EDT (US)     24 / 27  
Queen Noora day 12

Ouch, it was feared already that we would lose that fight but it was a real shame to see our hero Goldchip surrender to some flying bimbo so easily.

We're in a whole bunch of trouble now, things look very troublesome.

posted 08-21-06 01:44 PM EDT (US)     25 / 27  
Cruel Grumshank -

The end is near for Noora.

Turn sent

posted 08-21-06 04:00 PM EDT (US)     26 / 27  
Noora

This doesn't look very promising. And that's the understatement of the century!

Well played TL. I'd like a rematch on this one, where I should be able to give you a better run for your money. Like I said, I had some bad luck and made a few bad decision, but I'd like to play the other side of the pond too!

I'm going on a vacation soon though, so we'd better start this game when I get back. This will be around the 22nd of September.

posted 08-27-06 04:48 PM EDT (US)     27 / 27  
I didn't even finish that last turn. Congrats Timelord. And like I said. We'll rematch once I get back.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » (WL) Valley of Turmoil LTR vs TL (WL)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames