You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Random163 Neutrality (ScottB-Enginerd-Gryffone)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 07-27-06 12:26 PM EDT (US)   
Nimue at scott_burns_mail@yahoo.com
Artica at mjschuck@fidnet.com
Anon at gryffone@gryffone.com

Small map w/Shadow and Underground 3 human players, no AI
All neutral races, all water magic

Replies:
posted 07-27-06 01:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 116  
Nimue Day 1

Well my environment is a bit dry for me maybe I will conjure up some rain. But it looks relatively fruitful. In any case, I send out my armies to look around. I can't believe it when I get a report that one of my key units has died already. Ah well,tomorrow is another day.

posted 07-27-06 05:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 116  
Artica day 1

We embark on bold adventures, the battles go well for us... we think as we only lose one mighty shard thrower (well, he wasn't sooo might I guess ). We are beaten and bruised but will prevail.

Shall we register this as a 3-person FFA ladder game? Is this just for fun? I'm open either way.

Good Luck!

posted 07-27-06 10:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 116  
Anon - Day 1

Some say that you can't tame the savage beast, yet my Tigran warriors are loyal and do not bite the hand that feeds. And hungry is what these feline warriors are, so I shall let them feed upon those who are not welcome in my land. The Orcs guarding the resources stood little chance against my blood thirsty hero. An inferior tribe of Nomads has been spotted nearby that we have been quested to eliminate. It is time to go on the hunt.

As far as what type of game I am open however I do question about 3 player FFA games because of the potential ganging up effect or passive play while another player is eliminated. It is hard to be able to know but it would be at least best to know all 3 were at war with each other.

posted 07-30-06 07:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 116  
I have not seen turn 2 yet although it seems from your post Gryffone that you have played your turn.

I thought that hiranu's random games automatically registered on the WL - but if not then I think we should register it.

As far as 2 v 1, that's ok as long as I am not the 1!

Seriously, I am happy to ban peace or alliances and say that everyone must be at war. However, you can't ban passivity - so we just have to live with it. I find that overly passive players generally lose anyway.

Cheers.

posted 07-30-06 03:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 116  
Game file sent. Sorry about that.
posted 07-30-06 04:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 116  
Artica day 2

A fine day as we survive an attack in the night by a lowly creature. We have spotted a tower in the distance but can't tell if it is guarded or not... hopefully not... it will help us in our explorations. We also discover the portals to other areas..... which way should our meager forces go?

Sounds good, feel free to gang up on me then.... if you dare...

With no objections by day 3 I'll register the game then (unless someone beats me to it)

posted 07-31-06 01:11 AM EDT (US)     7 / 116  
Anon - Day 2

Today we travel as it seems that the nomads have evaded us and moved further away. We did notice that we may have neighbors nearby and wonder what type of creatures they may be.

If we are all game to register this as a WL then I am game as well. Feel free to register the game.

posted 07-31-06 08:09 AM EDT (US)     8 / 116  
Nimue Day 3

My forces have conquered a water node, I can feel the power flowing into me like, uhh, water.

I need some healing though as I have several damaged units.

posted 07-31-06 08:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 116  
Artica day 3

Rats... the tower is heavily guarded (well at least far too deadly for my lone scout to try and take one). We settle for exploring other areas.... no battles today.

I'll go register the game right now.

posted 07-31-06 09:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 116  
Anon - Day 3

The Nomads seem to be moving far away from us yet we have spotted an Orcan tribe moving towards us. Perhaps they are looking for their Orcan brothers that we have slain. We shall certainly be happy to show them where they went.

We have also found a nice little Draconian village who's inhabitants seem to be willing to join our cause. They are asking for a price to be paid for their services which we should have available by tomorrow. If anything they make nice fodder and should prove to be valuable as long as they don’t bite the hand that feeds.

posted 08-01-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     11 / 116  
Artica day 4

We continue to do very little as we explore. Aha... another tower in the distance and we don't see any guards (unless they are concealed). We'll find out tomorrow.

posted 08-01-06 08:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 116  
Anon - Day 5

As planned we bought off the Draconian village. They proved useful as the Orcan brigade walked right next to the village. We beat the Orcs to the chase and left no prisoners. To our benefit the Nomads are back in view and we now set off to take them out as well.

posted 08-02-06 10:31 AM EDT (US)     13 / 116  
Nimue Day 5

Whoa a near miss - a couple of blade dancers nearly took out a hero - I was down to 1 hp and ran away needing him to miss me as I left and luckily he did.

The hero begs me to heal him, but I can only heal him inside of a battle, so he will have to challenge the blade dancers to another fight tomorrow, but this time with some back up.

Elsewhere I spy a few villages and things on the horizon - I wonder if that is the draconian village I have heard so much about? I will get a better view tomorrow.

posted 08-03-06 07:01 PM EDT (US)     14 / 116  
Artica day 5

We capture the tower nearby.... oh wow!!! We have now seen our two enemies in the distance (well one scout is much closer than he should be). We're sure they will see us as well.

Let the fun begin!

posted 08-03-06 09:43 PM EDT (US)     15 / 116  
Anon - Day 6

We were successful in taking out the Nomadic infidels and we were rewarded for our victory. We also encountered two new tribes today. Across the river we met a strange creature that we have not seen before and they warned us about crossing the bridge. Their leader does seem to be a little cold. We shall leave it alone for now. We also encountered a Wild Boar yet the creature seemed to be operating with orders from another Wizard. We were tempted to eat it yet perhaps it is best to leave it alone for now. We also encountered some humans and they were swayed by gold to join our cause.

posted 08-04-06 05:56 PM EDT (US)     16 / 116  
Artica day 6

A fine day indie wanderers killed our scouts!

The borders are being watched... we'll secure them as best we can. Not sure what will happen the next few days.

posted 08-04-06 08:33 PM EDT (US)     17 / 116  
Nimue Day 6

My pet boar happened upon a city of Anon and a large force including a manticore. Time to bug out!

Elsewhere, some minor scout scuffles, but nothing major. I killed the guards of a circus and hope to pursuade some of the acts to join me.

I think I will poke my nose underground just out of curiosity. Hopefully I get attacked and go into the void again - I like it there.

posted 08-04-06 10:37 PM EDT (US)     18 / 116  
Anon - Day 7

Today one of our Scouts was attacked by another Nomad and this one was being led by Nimue. Consequently we are now at war with Nimue. We will certainly have to keep our eye out for her forces. The Wild Boar ran away before we could indulge ourselves on a feast. We have instructed our men to attack any of Nimue forces that they encounter.

posted 08-05-06 09:31 AM EDT (US)     19 / 116  
Artica day 7

Nimue attacked our defenseless tower.... we took it back of course and exacted more revenge for their foolishness.

No sign of Anon... we're sure that will change eventually.

posted 08-05-06 07:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 116  
Anon - Day 8

A Scout found an unguarded Node of Nimues so he captured and sprayed it. Elsewhere a furnace was captured.

posted 08-06-06 09:31 AM EDT (US)     21 / 116  
Artica day 8

Our advance scouts continue to bother Nimue... they probably won't survive much longer in those lands but it was fun while it lasted.... hopefully the diversion was worth it.

No sign of Anon.

posted 08-06-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 116  
Anon - Day 9

Nimue killed off my scout. I figured it wouldn't take long. We found another Draconian village and the inhabitants were eager to join our cause.

posted 08-06-06 09:07 PM EDT (US)     23 / 116  
Nimue Day 9

I have finally rid my lands of pesky scouts (at least all the ones I know about) and am ready to take back an outpost from Artica unless it gets reinforced in the night.

Elsewhere, took another node.

posted 08-06-06 09:55 PM EDT (US)     24 / 116  
Artica day 9

As expected we were attacked in the night... what was not expected was that two wandering indies attacked us first to weaken our scouts (losing one) and making us an easier target for Nimue most unfortunate. At least we took out one crossbowman and got a good look at his homeland.

No sign of Anon... what's he up to......

posted 08-07-06 10:00 AM EDT (US)     25 / 116  
Anon - Day 10

Explored an Undead Crypt and rid the inhabitants from the place. Found a little item hiding inside that they were guarding. Also captured a fire node. It is difficult though to fight fire with fire. Some Indies have attacked an outpost, we shall correct that problem. Found that Artica may be deeper than we thought.

posted 08-07-06 06:27 PM EDT (US)     26 / 116  
Artica day 10

Nimue takes the tower back.... must do something about that.

Anon has a very heavily wounded stack on the other side of the river.... good thing he'll have to heal up for awhile.

Explorations continue...

posted 08-08-06 09:31 AM EDT (US)     27 / 116  
Anon - Day 11

A new Hero has arrived to join our party. This new guy is a little strange and seems to want to lay his hands on the troops and I don't know if he has any healing powers. I'll have to keep an eye on this one yet he does seem to have some use so we'll keep him around for now.

posted 08-08-06 08:05 PM EDT (US)     28 / 116  
Artica

We do well in one battle... terribly in another... no major troops lost but we sure could have used those scouts....

Watching our borders with great interest....

posted 08-08-06 08:45 PM EDT (US)     29 / 116  
Anon - Day 12

We went to reclaim our Draconian Village from the Indies and found an Artica underling at the scene of the crime. Perhaps it was Artica who put the Indies up to capturing our Village? Either way we have declared war upon Artica also claiming a Node in the area from her. Tomorrow we take back what is ours.

posted 08-09-06 10:51 PM EDT (US)     30 / 116  
Artica

Hmmmmm we found Anon....

Nimue is pushing his borders too....

posted 08-10-06 09:58 AM EDT (US)     31 / 116  
Anon - Day 13

As promised we retook our Draconian village. Artica though also decided to attack the Death Node and kill our scout with a small group. The question is where does the majority of Artica's units reside. And what about Nimue? We have not seen any sign from her for the past few days.

posted 08-10-06 05:13 PM EDT (US)     32 / 116  
Nimue Day 14

It seems Artica is everywhere I go! In the underground, the Shadow world and on the surface! Well her frosty wolf rider is no more.

I am recruiting various units to help - a contingent of elves offers their support - at least when they can bear to stop staring at Sheila, my Nymph friend.

I see a scout of Anon, but it does not appear too threatening yet.

posted 08-10-06 07:48 PM EDT (US)     33 / 116  
Artica

Well... the night went as expected... we lost our border scouts and territory.

Guess we'll just reinforce the border better next time.

posted 08-10-06 10:34 PM EDT (US)     34 / 116  
Anon - Day 14

The Indies have shown up again but had little effect against my occupying force. They now won't be back. I do notice that Artica is staying in her Wizards Tower and Nimue remains to the North. It appears that Artica is holding the most territory at this point.

posted 08-12-06 12:48 PM EDT (US)     35 / 116  
Anon - Day 15

Artica attacked my Lurker Scout and slayed him. Found a Hero stack of Artica's and noticed they are wounded and racially mixed.

posted 08-12-06 04:11 PM EDT (US)     36 / 116  
Artica day 14-15

Anon thinks we have lots of territory but he is the one that is pressing forward into our lands. Nimue is doing the same as we have lost 2 settlements the last few turns... one to each of our enemies.

Not sure what Anon will do underground with his mighty stack... sure will be fun to see.

posted 08-12-06 08:45 PM EDT (US)     37 / 116  
Anon - Day 16

Artica has moved his stack back to meet up with another hero. Hard to know what the stack will do next but we remain cautious. A flying beast of Artica's has been spotted flying around. Nimue remains unseen.

posted 08-13-06 06:12 AM EDT (US)     38 / 116  
Nimue Day 16 (or is it 17)

A good day - I have taken two settlements, an independent one in my area and a village owned by Anon in the shadow world.

Artica is still around and dangerous - she kicked me out of the underground completely and killed a scout or two.

Not sure about next step though, build, attack, defend, or some combination?

posted 08-13-06 09:39 AM EDT (US)     39 / 116  
Artica

Nimue complains about getting kicked out of the underground but says nothing about kicking us out of the shadow world....

Anon is approaching with a mighty stack.... we debate for hours what we should do.... in the end our 8 armies choose to not attack his 8 armies as the bloody battle would have ended in our defeat. We watch with wonder as to which direction Anon will go.... towards our stack... or towards our home....

posted 08-13-06 01:07 PM EDT (US)     40 / 116  
Anon - Day 17

The last day has been about decisions. To fight Artica's stack where both sides would have been certain to take heavy casualties and no certain victory. We can also choose to invade into Artica's territory but that also might be a trap she is setting. Nimue has captured a settlement we had in the Shadow World which effects our decisions as well.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Random163 Neutrality (ScottB-Enginerd-Gryffone)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames