You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Fight for Light (Idealistos-Enginerd-Nerull-Henrysix-PawelS)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 09-11-06 07:57 AM EDT (US)   
Turn order:

1. The Shadowgod (Undead & other evil races) - Idealistos (idealistos@yahoo.com)
2. King Roderick (Humans) - Enginerd (mjschuck@fidnet.com)
3. LLannovar (Elves) - Nerull (nerull@mail2usa.com)
4. Boldir (Dwarves) - Henrysix (henrysix@aol.com)
5. Meriadoc (Halflings) - PawelS (pstrz@o2.pl)
6. Dalviana (Goblins & Dark Elves) - CPU Emperor

Settings:

Allied Victory - Enabled
Build Outpost - Disabled
Surrender - Disabled
Teleporation Gates - Disabled

Special rules (IMPORTANT!):

1. NO SPELL TRADING!!!
2. "The ShadowGod may use all he can think of to get his demons out sooner but must agree to NOT use the disband-animate Hero spell trick!"

All standard house rules apply.

Turn sent to Idealistos.

A proud member of the Unofficial Patch team.
Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 09-11-2006 @ 08:48 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-11-06 11:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 1 -

We start this game being Powerful, and our army is quite big indeed. There's only one problem with it, namely, our most powerful units and heroes (in fact, all 5 heroes) are imprisoned, and there is no simple way to rescue them. First, they are too far away from the capital, and then, the pass is guarded by 8 Phoenixes in one stack, positioned so that one can only attack them from one side, i.e. also with one stack! Even if I get 8 Dread Reapers once, it will be still impossible to kill them.

Therefore, I've made a difficult decision today, and dismissed 3 imprisoned Lords. This is the only way not to run out of gold after a couple of turns. I have also dismissed all my level 1 and several level 2 units. What remains, is actually not a very strong army. Its speed is too low also.

We have a couple of towns besides the capital, but it looks like they can't produce level 3 buildings at all, and their size is limited also. Good news is that our capital has a level 3 Wizard Tower!

Let's see how this Fight for Darkness will proceed

TS to Enginerd.

[This message has been edited by Idealistos (edited 09-12-2006 @ 04:46 AM).]

posted 09-11-06 11:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 150  
King Roderick

We don our mighty crown and begin the adventure.... Dalviana can be seen nearby and we wonder what her troops will do. We are weak but we will soon be strong!

posted 09-12-06 01:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 150  
Llannova, day 1:

We took down two leprechuans without lossing a single soldier, a good start in this fight for light...

posted 09-12-06 01:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 150  
Boldir, day 1

Hanna this way! Bofur that way! You guys! Above ground! I'm going to help out at those nodes!

Ouch. Void.

posted 09-12-06 06:24 PM EDT (US)     5 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 1

We need large quantities of gold to buy cities, recruit heroes and units, and build buildings. So I disbanded some unneded units, and given the highest priority to capturing income structures. So far we captured two windmills. A few other battles were fought too, and we lost one Pony Rider total.

ts

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 09-12-06 08:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 2 -

If we will continue to have such losses, our army will soon disappear. All my Death Knights are either killed or severely injured, and they don't have regeneration. The precious Warlord was possessed and died, and I'm guilty in it because I forgot that Incarnate has Wall Climbing. Other units, including a half-dead Necromancer, managed to survive, but some of them are exposed to an attack of indies.

There are some good things though. I have four Black Spiders now, and two of them are not quite usual I won't tell more though...

TS

posted 09-13-06 11:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 150  
King Roderick

Another fine day... still weak but getting stronger as we capture resources, build structures and prepare to do more tomorrow.

posted 09-14-06 02:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 150  
Boldir, day 2

Once more unto the Void, dear friends!

It was worth it, though! I've built my army and my magic power.

[This message has been edited by Henrysix (edited 09-14-2006 @ 02:28 AM).]

posted 09-14-06 07:12 AM EDT (US)     9 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 2

Exploring.

ts

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 09-14-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     10 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 3 -

My army is very ineffective. It is crowded in one place, while I need it to be in another one. As the result, I have to scout with my Ballista, and leave some places unexplored. Btw, my Ballista isn't that bad, since it managed to kill 2 Frogs last night.

TS

posted 09-17-06 03:48 PM EDT (US)     11 / 150  
King Roderick

Fun things are happening all around...

posted 09-17-06 07:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 150  
Boldir, day 3

Wandering beasties are all around. Even so, we have already managed to complete a quest and free a dwarven hero!

posted 09-17-06 08:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 3

After defeating three Unicorns at a Rainbow's End, Marijke has found a very nice armor, and a good amount of gold that allowed us to buy a nearby village.

ts

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 09-17-2006 @ 08:08 PM).]

posted 09-18-06 11:30 AM EDT (US)     14 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 4 -

Looks like we have lost 2 days because of a strategic mistake. The development is slow, especially considering the army we already have, but once we fully develop... Beware!

My main army is stuck, but other small groups are fighting. My Machines have faced legions of Frogs, and burnt them all. And my two brave Bone Horrors have killed 8 Spiders in total. Because of these victories, my gold income is positive!

TS

[This message has been edited by Idealistos (edited 09-19-2006 @ 04:00 AM).]

posted 09-18-06 10:42 PM EDT (US)     15 / 150  
King Roderick

A fine day as we capture more resources and complete a quest. We do have a few wandering beasts bothering us but they will be dealt with tomorrow.

posted 09-19-06 02:48 AM EDT (US)     16 / 150  
Boldir, day 4

We put our plans for expansion on hold to deal with the incoming goblins and minotaurs. Careful now...

posted 09-19-06 06:43 AM EDT (US)     17 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 4

We can't trade spells in this game, but there are other ways to get spells from different spheres. I got Chain Lightning as a reward from the Spirit of Nature.

ts

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 09-19-06 08:06 AM EDT (US)     18 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 5 -

Just one more turn, and... we will run out of gold!

Meanwhile, our digging continues so slowly that even the Priests can catch up with the main army.

TS

posted 09-19-06 08:49 AM EDT (US)     19 / 150  
King Roderick

Darn centaurs running through my land. Two of them managed to storm a town with walls.... and the surviving centaur had only 1 hp... and I was one turn away from building my war hall... now it is lost.

We kill the centaur and retake the city. Did not need this setback.

posted 09-19-06 12:53 PM EDT (US)     20 / 150  
Boldir, day 5

Goblins are dead. Minotaurs are dead. Now we have a Troll in the tunnels. But not for long.

posted 09-19-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 5

We fought a few battles today. All were successful, except one. A stupid move resulted in losing a Sheriff and a level 1 hero.

ts

2 turns per day - it's awesome speed!

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.

[This message has been edited by PawelS (edited 09-20-2006 @ 04:48 AM).]

posted 09-19-06 07:57 PM EDT (US)     22 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 6 -

Still crawling... No battles, but two of them are planned for tomorrow.

... And we won't run out of gold, thanks to the brave Wyvern Rider who sneaked past all those scary Area Guards.

TS

posted 09-20-06 00:20 AM EDT (US)     23 / 150  
Kind Roderick day 6

Little action... mostly moving around preparing for more battles.

posted 09-20-06 11:55 AM EDT (US)     24 / 150  
Llannova, day 2~6:

We completed 4 quests over the past few days, hoping for some good units but only got gold and mana so far

posted 09-20-06 11:58 AM EDT (US)     25 / 150  
Boldir, day 6

We have allied with the halflings. They understand us in a way that the tall people just can't.

More sobering news: We have spotted Dalviana's domain. How much longer before some skirmishing begins?

posted 09-20-06 05:03 PM EDT (US)     26 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 6

Dalviana's domain is close, I'm afraid we'll see her units soon.

ts

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 09-20-06 09:50 PM EDT (US)     27 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 7 -

We were surprised as we saw a small army of Humans coming towards us. We have never seen anyone so eager to die Or maybe they are hoping to stay by our side after being seduced by a pretty Vampire?

TS

posted 09-21-06 08:33 PM EDT (US)     28 / 150  
King Roderick

Well.... we move around a bit and prepare for adventures... not sure we like the sounds of adventures with the foul creatures of the dead...

posted 09-22-06 03:21 PM EDT (US)     29 / 150  
Boldir, day 7

Drogur comes across a damsel in distress! Tomorrow is the big rescue!

posted 09-22-06 04:20 PM EDT (US)     30 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 7

Recruited a hero. Killed a big penguin and two Chaos Spawns.

ts

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 09-22-06 06:14 PM EDT (US)     31 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 8

I'd like to make an official statement to all of you except the Dwarven leader.

BE SCARED!

... since my main army has already reached the surface. Ask King Roderick for more information, if he's able to speak after what he has just seen.

That doesn't mean my army is that big or that I feel myself invisible... But shouldn't you be scared of Shadowgod?

TS

posted 09-22-06 11:23 PM EDT (US)     32 / 150  
King Roderick

To arms! To arms! All nations of Light must attack the evil Shadowgod. His evil minions are already on our doorstep and we must attack! The fearful dragon and his evil breath will soon be upon us.

Armies are rushing to the front to prepare... we do not think the dragon will approach alone and this is good... for now... but dragon slaying troops will soon be ready to take on the terrible beast. Begone!

Elsewhere... Dalviana and her forces are approaching and more infidels have been spotted we will be busy the next few days... and hopefully we will be released from this cursed reputation of our being called "weak"!

posted 09-23-06 03:32 AM EDT (US)     33 / 150  
Boldir, day 8

We are making progress in two directions in the tunnels. Tomorrow I anticipate our first skirmish with Dalviana.

posted 09-23-06 04:01 AM EDT (US)     34 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 8

A Yeti has come at night and slaughtered one of my best heroes. It would never happen if I was able to control my units in that combat. I hope I'll get the Resurrect Hero spell some day.

ts

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 09-23-06 08:14 AM EDT (US)     35 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 9 -

First enemy soldiers were defeated today. King Roderick threatens us saying he'll prepare a lot of dragon fighting units, but he has probably forgotten that our army contains many other units besides the Dragon.

Our army is still not sufficient for our tasks, and we search for any ways to improve its quality and quantity. We thought about training units in an Arena, but it is way too expensive, like 150 Gold for a single Warlord, and that's just for the Silver medal... We'd better fight some more.

TS

posted 09-23-06 04:49 PM EDT (US)     36 / 150  
King Roderick

Some threats... mostly idle remarks... now we must prepare more than just dragon slayers... we must build troops ready to take on an incarnate... spider queen... shade... warlord... Wyvern... etc... etc.. etc..

To Arms.... Invaders are coming! To Arms!

Also... we complete another quest and kill a few Dalviana's invading forces.

posted 09-24-06 01:38 AM EDT (US)     37 / 150  
Boldir, day 9

Another minotaur slain. We hope the caverns stay cleared this time.

posted 09-24-06 05:58 AM EDT (US)     38 / 150  
Meriadoc, day 9

Captured an Elven outpost. It will never grow to a village, but it gives some income and allows me to migrate any city to Elves.

ts

Creator of the AoW1 Mod.
posted 09-24-06 11:44 AM EDT (US)     39 / 150  
Shadowgod - Turn 10 -

Human outpost has been captured, and its inhabitants agreed to be transformed into Undead. We didn't want to do it, but Humans are too unhappy, and we should somehow change that...

Our Demons are still trapped. It's hard to play without heroes, and even the best items are of almost no use now. There is a rumor that the Shadowgod will lead the army himself, but others say that he has come only in order to enchant the warriors.

TS

posted 09-24-06 06:39 PM EDT (US)     40 / 150  
King Roderick

The ruthless Shadowgod is causing us much grief... he has flown into our lands and been joined by a might Reaper... together with that dreaded Dragon and Wyvern they are quite a force... then they steal into the circus, slay the leprechauns and buy a Roc! All getting closer to the border. We cannot wait for them to advance any further, we must attack now even if it means our death!

Begone foul beasts! Charge!!!

Well... at least not all of the foul beasts survived

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Fight for Light (Idealistos-Enginerd-Nerull-Henrysix-PawelS)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames