You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Drums of Death (Chascal_Fromage_Unnapu_Charx_Ecthelion)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 01-24-09 01:54 AM EDT (US)   
And another game on Swolte's great map has started.

RULES (IMPORTANT!!)
- No trading of spells allowed (Balance: mana/gold and helpful casting is ok!).
- The life-spell ‘resurrect hero’ is banned (Balance, story + scripting conflicts).
- Agree to NOT abuse the migration-trick !!! (Balance: those that don’t know what it is, are fine).
- Make ALL players aware of these rules before starting and post these rules in the header.
- Surrender off and allied victory on !!
- Do not sell the 'extra-pretty' wizard towers on Eregion (as Emperor).
- Mastery Spells banned.

TIPS & NOTES
- Very high load on computer-system and large file-size (get a new computer and gmail-account!!). Else, seriously consider not starting on this map. XL with loads of tricks!
- No deliberate experimenting with the scripted events in a pbem game. Just follow the instructions. Punishments can be tougher than expected or regarded fair.
- Option to build outposts and teleporters is disabled.
- Map is designed for good to expert players.
- In a very exceptional situation, some elevations might give some problems to selecting your units, or even moving them properly. Use the ‘select next unit’ button, take your time and be extra careful avoiding misclicks in those areas.
Further you are strongly advised to:
- READ ALL signs, story and events! They not only help you understand the world but they warn you for mistakes! Area guards that can kill a healthy hero exist but you will be warned, for example.
- NO heroes will join you, you will have to quest them! Be very careful with your heroes. Do not let them wander alone! The Call hero-spell is worthless.
- This world is ALIVE. Certain terrain will change in unpredictable ways, animals roam and will keep roaming AEDORA throughout time. Defend your villages and build walls if you want to keep them! One or two archers should do.
- SCOUT ahead!! I cannot say this often enough! Build and use those expendable units. Only players that know what is coming and where to go, deserve to win this game! It may take some time, but better slow than dead!

Starring :

Emperor Purius XI, played by Chascal !
Prince Stefanus, played by fromage_67 !
Omah Krimhodge, played by Unnapu !
Lady Godiva, played by Charx !
Obrynn The Wise, played by ecthelion_21

And now, the most important thing : Let's all have fun !!!

E-mail : chascal at gmail dot com
Replies:
posted 01-24-09 02:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 168  
Emperor Purius XI, day 1 :

How sad.
How sad it is to watch my son, my own son fighting me.
Disorder is everywhere near Eregion. Some Cities even declared their Independence.

This has to stop, and it has to stop now.

So General Marcos has razed Pannovar, my son. Because you needed a lesson.
And now I'm sending all my generals everywhere to restore order and law around Eregion. Because it's in the best interest of all people living here.

TS.

posted 01-25-09 03:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 168  
Prince Stefanus, Day 1

You have only had a small appetizer from the banquet of sadness that awaits you, Father.

You have strengthened my arm by razing Pannovar. It will soon be rebuilt, and now the elves will be my staunch allies. They now have no doubt about what treatment awaits them in your cruel hands.

Already my troops have won the first skirmish, and the renowned Gosso has joined me. I will put her particular skills to good use soon.

ts

[This message has been edited by fromage67 (edited 01-25-2009 @ 03:20 PM).]

posted 01-25-09 08:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 168  
Turn received.
Since this is the first time I play with Omah I would like to ask you for at least one more day to finish an small strategy for the first days.

Use a password in your PBEM games, and contact the Game Password Keepers.
posted 01-26-09 05:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 168  
Sure, no problem at all.

posted 01-26-09 10:59 AM EDT (US)     5 / 168  
Omah Krimhodge - Day 1

Made my goblins happy with me again by killing the false prophet... and immediately a new one appeared... *sigh* He claims to be the chosen one.
My concerns right now can't be about the Vaug Han, the gold income is negative and that is were my forces will focus for the next days.

TS

posted 01-26-09 03:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 168  
Lady Godiva, day 1

Rumours reached us of a distant royal trouble between father and son. This may be the time for the dark elves to rise. Our forces are split, and gold is short. Let's see what the future will bring to us.

ts
posted 01-26-09 04:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 168  
Obrynn the Wise, day 1

Stephanus, you have my mental support against the Emperor!

ts
posted 01-26-09 05:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 168  
Emperor Purius XI, day 2 :

Indeed... some rebels killed 2 loyal Legionnaires. But they didn't die in vain.
I was impressed by their strenght. They never give up, and they've been trained well.
A Big shield to protect them from arrows, and a deadly spear. A wonderful combination, if you ask me.
One that will make my enemies think twice about engaging battle with my troops. But Luck was on the other side this time.

Everywhere else, we continue our advance. All battles were successful, even if some were a little too bloody for my taste.

We now need to find out where Gosso is.

TS

posted 01-26-09 07:10 PM EDT (US)     9 / 168  
Prince Stefanus, Day 2

Your large shields won't protect your men's small hearts, Father. And the High Magistrate's proclamations of treason are empty. Freedom over tyranny.

Speaking of which, I have allowed Gosso to bring along Captain Corda. He is one of your promising soldiers, but now he serves me, as will a horde of others, in time. I will keep a close eye on him, though, despite Gosso's reassurances.

ts
posted 01-26-09 10:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 168  
Omah Krimhodge - Day 2

Movement mistake, have to pay more attention.

TS

posted 01-28-09 01:20 PM EDT (US)     11 / 168  
Lady Godiva, day 2

We can see him. He stands alone in a city with three white towers. Is there fear in his eyes?

We can see other cities. Archon cities. They are not under his control.

ts
posted 01-28-09 02:42 PM EDT (US)     12 / 168  
Obrynn, day 2

We got so few gold and there are so many units I can buy and they all want gold. Even the adopted daughter of Shankir wants me to pay him gold before he follows me in the conquest against Purius.

TS
posted 01-29-09 02:47 AM EDT (US)     13 / 168  
Emperor Purius XI, day 3 :

A very interesting day for Emperor Purius XI.
First, the independent city of Cirta has now accepted to join my forces.
Second, the villages of Phobius and Tirandu are now mine.
Good work, Generals.

Turn Sent.

posted 01-29-09 09:56 AM EDT (US)     14 / 168  
Prince Stefanus, Day 3

Yes, it galls me that I must surrender Phobius and Tirandu without a fight, and soon Amnest, Stackleberg and Port Zeelande, but I must. Other battlegrounds will be more fruitful in the future.

ts

p.s. Restart caused by power outage. Yay for the Moroccan power grid. (Although, to be fair, it is generally better than expected.)
posted 01-29-09 12:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 168  
Omah Krimhodge - Day 3

Three small battles won.
Oh!, and another Vaug Han was found reigning a village of Orcs.

TS

posted 01-29-09 02:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 168  
Lady Godiva, day 3

We will be establishing contact soon with the other wizards. We already hear the slimy voice of the Emperor, but we simply forgot to respond to it...

ts
posted 01-29-09 03:21 PM EDT (US)     17 / 168  
Obrynn, day 3

Another day of gathering resources.

Turn sent.
posted 01-30-09 02:43 AM EDT (US)     18 / 168  
Emperor Purius XI, day 4 :

Soon, my realm will be quiet again, and I will be able to strenghten its borders.
Stackleberg surrendered without a fight. It wasn't a surprise, as Stefanus left the place empty.
And today, inspired by Cirta, Neapolis decided to join my cause.

TS

[This message has been edited by Chascal (edited 01-31-2009 @ 08:57 AM).]

posted 01-30-09 06:31 AM EDT (US)     19 / 168  
Prince Stefanus, Day 4

Immediate contact with my Father's troops is almost over, unless he wishes to pursue us immediately.

ts
posted 01-30-09 09:26 AM EDT (US)     20 / 168  
Omah Krimhodge - Day 4

Gold income is still negative although some units were fired, and the next mines are two and three days away.

TS

posted 01-30-09 01:37 PM EDT (US)     21 / 168  
Lady Godiva, day 4

We enlisted Omah in our friends-book. We can also see some cities. One with a hero called "Vaugh Hann", and another one with a hero called "THE Vaugh Han". I wonder whether one of them might be the true Vaugh Han.

ts
posted 01-31-09 06:32 AM EDT (US)     22 / 168  
Obrynn, day 4

ts
posted 01-31-09 08:56 AM EDT (US)     23 / 168  
Emperor Purius XI, The Great, Day 5 :

Damn ! I thought I had cornered the last army of Stefanus, but they managed to sneak behind my army, through some woods, and raze a windmill before committing suicide. Oh well...
At least, I think I'm done with rebellion inside my realm. Today Amnest fell, so only Port Zeelande is probably still loyal to my son.
And we decided to use our royal treasure to buy the last of the free cities ; Averni. El Padre has already been put to good work.

TS

[This message has been edited by Chascal (edited 01-31-2009 @ 08:57 AM).]

posted 02-02-09 02:28 AM EDT (US)     24 / 168  
Prince Stefanus, Day 5

The reasons are obscure, but there is no doubt that the rebellion received a terrible blow today. It seems it was a combination of very bad luck, and very subtle shifts in public opinion. Even now, in the cold light of day, I can make no sense of it, but one of my major armies of 8 units has deserted.

ts
posted 02-02-09 09:11 PM EDT (US)     25 / 168  
Omah Krimhodge - Day 5

Contact made.

TS

posted 02-03-09 05:52 PM EDT (US)     26 / 168  
Lady Godiva, day 5

Assets have been captured and now we need healing everywhere.

ts
posted 02-04-09 10:21 AM EDT (US)     27 / 168  
Obrynn the Wise

Contact made with two armies today. One of them I hope to never meet. They stink terribly...

ts
posted 02-05-09 02:00 AM EDT (US)     28 / 168  
Emperor Purius XI, The Magnificent, Day 6 :

Today another great General joined my cause : Dorvius !

Port Zeelande has been captured. However our forces aren't strong enough to maintain order, and so the village might rebel at night. Anyway, the good news is that it no longer belongs to my son Stefanus.

Rumors were true. Gosso and Captain Corda rebelled during the night... the curious thing is that Stefanus convinced Corda to again join his cause during the next morning. What is wrong with this Captain ? Why is he willing to negociate with Stafanus, while he should only serve the Archon Empire !
Gosso will now again cause trouble. She's moving back to Stackleberg, and she's definately not alone, but we are ready !

We are now in the process of securing the borders of our realm, and we won't leave it until we are sure to be ready for any invasion.

TS

posted 02-12-09 05:35 AM EDT (US)     29 / 168  
bump?
posted 02-12-09 09:18 AM EDT (US)     30 / 168  
Prince Stefanus, Day 6

Another untrustworthy wench joined my cause. Hopefully she will be more loyal than the last one.

Also, I found that the rumours of Old Obrynn's demise were unfounded, and he still has control and influence over a large part of the underworld. He will be a precious ally.

ts

p.s. Sorry for the late response. Busy lately.
posted 02-18-09 05:36 AM EDT (US)     31 / 168  
6-day bump. Unnapu, did you receive the file?
posted 02-18-09 07:55 AM EDT (US)     32 / 168  
Yes, I got it.
I am really sorry, it was misplaced when I downloaded it the first time.
I will play it ASAP.

[This message has been edited by Unnapu (edited 02-18-2009 @ 07:56 AM).]

posted 02-18-09 08:30 AM EDT (US)     33 / 168  
No offense meant. I just wanted to make sure that you did not forget it.
posted 02-18-09 09:56 AM EDT (US)     34 / 168  
TS

No problem Charx, thank you for the reminder, it is nice to have someone checking out the frozen games. Sometimes it is good to also send an email to the lazy players .

posted 02-19-09 12:42 PM EDT (US)     35 / 168  
Lady Godiva, day 6

I dont know what to say... that was the first time since long ago that i had an "emotional eruption" in front of my computer...

Today, the tree-hero (40 hitpoint, 11 ATT, ~15 DAM, 10 DEF, + doublestrike), a knight, a spider, a spearman and a seducer fought a battle vs 4 wild boars and an earth elemental in a magic loft. Everything went like normal, the spider webbed a boar two times and the elemental one time. As the elemental died, there was only one boar left. I had the hero with about 25 hitpoints, the spider and the seducer left. As the spider and the seducer were killed, i casted another death spell on the boar, reducing it's hitpoints to 3 + cursed it. But my hero was not able to kill it within 6 blows. So at last, the magic loft killed all my units with endless earth-spells....

I was really shocked! Could not believe what i saw.... now things are going to be really hard...

ts
posted 02-19-09 02:08 PM EDT (US)     36 / 168  
Obrynn the Wise, day 6

My friend Stephanus (yes, Stephanus looks more royal like the name of the Emperor's son should be, than Stefanus )told me that rumors were spread by the Emperor that my kingdom included nothing more than a few lizard babies and some Dwarven artists.

That is not true and is only propaganda spread by the Emperor. I am definatly able to defend my kingdom against the expansionist politics of the Emperor. Even though it might ultimately lead to the end of my kingdom in Aedora, I will not collaborate with him.

Having said this, I have to say that Stephanus doesn't only have my mental support. He also has my physical support.

ts
posted 02-19-09 05:27 PM EDT (US)     37 / 168  
Emperor Purius XI, The Magnificent, Day 7 :

Port Zeelande indeed rebelled... but only for a short period of time. Today we secure the village, and start to migrate it to more peaceful citizens.
In the north, we find what we think to be Stefanus' last rebellion point : Delan. No resistance, but the town is quite far away. We are debating wether we should raze it as an example or not.
On another matter, the Emperor is concerned about our mana use. It seems we are using more mana than we can afford... a solution has to be found, and quickly !

Turn Sent.

posted 02-20-09 11:19 PM EDT (US)     38 / 168  
fromage_67, did you recieve the turn ?

posted 02-21-09 04:42 AM EDT (US)     39 / 168  
Sure did. Should have time to play it tomorrow.
posted 02-22-09 05:57 PM EDT (US)     40 / 168  
Prince Stefanus, Day 7

Some of the things a young rebellious son of the Emperor does must remain a secret!

ts
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Drums of Death (Chascal_Fromage_Unnapu_Charx_Ecthelion)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames