You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09TRound1 Game11 Rocky (Charx-TroyLocker)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 08-23-09 08:11 PM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #11
Map: Rocky Divide

------------------------------------------------------------
Lord Ember Charx, charx at gmx.net
Lord Drake Troy Locker, trulzi at yahoo.no
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 08-29-09 00:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 57  
-- Charx reported to be absent in August --

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 08-31-09 04:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 57  
good luck & have fun!

ts
posted 08-31-09 04:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 57  
Lord Drake day 1

We took a hike to get to know the neighbourhood a little better.....and found little of interest yet. I think we'll start the fighting tomorrow....

TS

PS! Good luck to you too. I've really been looking forward to play this map.
posted 09-01-09 01:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 57  
oh well, i hope i somehow will be a worthy opponent for you....

ts
posted 09-01-09 02:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 57  
Lord Drake day 2

My first battles....not without losses though. Wellwell...

TS

Hehe! I think you'll be more than enough to handle for a rusty player like me. I havent played in 5 years and I keep (re)learning stuff every turn, when I catch myself doing newbie mistakes. I'm hooked again that's for sure.
Can't wait to get the kids to bed and check my mail.

[This message has been edited by Troy Locker (edited 09-01-2009 @ 02:06 PM).]

posted 09-02-09 05:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 57  
Ember, day 3

The first more difficult decisions had to be made today. We sacrified one unit on purpose, and the schedules and waypoints for every other unit has been changed too. I hope this all works....

ts

PS: OMG! The community rated you #1. Have you been a former champion?
posted 09-02-09 05:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 57  
Lord Drake day 3

We are a little behind schedule, but there is no crisis. Only one battle today, it went well.

TS

PS! Just a bad rep from the good old days. I've only played one tournament: the BTOOIC-championship. I lost the final to Waterfly's hasted, waterwalking überhero (lvl 1 at the time) after a perfect start. I didn't see it coming. It was a good tourney, but I think I had an easier way to the final than Waterfly, who was outstanding through out the tourney. Back then I used a lot more time preparing for the games, studying the maps, playtesting different strategies and so on. I'm a lot more sloppy now, and preparations are 5 min in the editor. So do not worry

[This message has been edited by Troy Locker (edited 09-03-2009 @ 02:32 AM).]

posted 09-03-09 12:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 57  
Keep in mind... that this game was dead even in the polls with 6 players predicting a win for CharX.... and 6 for Troy. The final poll results could easily have put both of you with 2 victories putting you both ranked about 10th-11th so don't fret Charx. If you win it will just be another match that I couldn't predict correctly (and that's been happening a lot lately ).
posted 09-03-09 02:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 57  
Ember, day 4

The first big faults have been made. Moreover the god of war was offering us a choice between bullshit and useless option.
Sad day...

ts
posted 09-03-09 05:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 57  
Lord Drake day 4

Expanding our realm....

TS
posted 09-04-09 04:21 PM EDT (US)     11 / 57  
Ember, day 5

We lost again two minor units.... i hope that we somehow can match the speed of the drakes.

ts
posted 09-04-09 05:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 57  
Lord Drake day 5

Still expanding our realm. Our battles today went better than expected.....

TS
posted 09-05-09 07:08 AM EDT (US)     13 / 57  
Ember, day 6

A stupid missclick will cost us at least 2 days... somewhere else, we should have studied the editor better...

ts
posted 09-05-09 08:31 AM EDT (US)     14 / 57  
Lord Drake day 6

We lost a hound today. All other things went according to plan.

TS

PS! I must admit the stone golem is tougher than most 1st lvl units.
posted 09-05-09 05:19 PM EDT (US)     15 / 57  
Ember, day 7

Nothing special to report. This day is used to repair what was missed the previous days...

ts
posted 09-06-09 12:51 PM EDT (US)     16 / 57  
Lord Drake day 7

Another day of expanding our realm. No sight of Ember yet.

TS
posted 09-07-09 01:43 PM EDT (US)     17 / 57  
Ember, day 8

We start the dance by taking one of Drake's mills with a Z-bird. And now i know that he knows what i know, that he is preparing an attack through the northern water-gate! 3 green slingies and one hydra, all enchanted, and who else knows whats already hiding in these waters!?

ts
posted 09-07-09 04:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 57  
Lord Drake day 8

Those damn birds! I'm afraid I couldn't put out of it's misery, but I'm willing to delay my charge through the waterchannel for a round to push the thingy a little east. at least we know what Ember is doing with his mana. I guess there is more birds to come.
I guess the bird will spot my hero in the south now. Well, let it!

Things are going according to plan in the rest of my realm.

TS
posted 09-08-09 02:24 PM EDT (US)     19 / 57  
Ember, day 9

Drake showed his hero, and he is impressive indeed. We return our Z-bird, happy that it caused at least a 1-day delay on Drake's plans.

ts
posted 09-08-09 06:49 PM EDT (US)     20 / 57  
Lord Drake day 9

The bird is still out of reach.
We have gathered some troops and are ready to march tomorrow.

TS
posted 09-09-09 02:49 PM EDT (US)     21 / 57  
Ember, day 10

Drake's hero and his flyer are heading north to support the Hydras and slithers with their push. Elsewhere, we got a quest, an easy one, that includes killing a warlord...

ts
posted 09-09-09 03:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 57  
Lord Drake day 10

We have lost a lot of precious time the last couple of turns. Today we got a bird at least. Another one is spotted just out of reach. We continue following the plans that Ember so kindly suggests for us. I will be very disapointed if he is not well prepared .

TS
posted 09-10-09 03:30 PM EDT (US)     23 / 57  
Ember, day 11

I am glad that the drakes follow our invitation. However, we humans are a very friendly folk, but our guests appear too early. So don't take it personally if you don't find anyone there to welcome you in that elven outpost. Please just sit down and have a drink and relax. I will be there as fast as possible.

ts
posted 09-10-09 05:14 PM EDT (US)     24 / 57  
Lord Drake day 11

Embers evil plan has been detected. And our visit to the western lands must wait a little bit. You are welcome to have a go at any of my scattered troops.

TS
posted 09-12-09 04:25 AM EDT (US)     25 / 57  
Ember, day 12

Drake left his troops in a scattered formation, and we made some profit out of it, but it had it's costs.

First, we revealed the 3 slithers that were travelling with Drake's hero on water, but too far away from the 2 Hydras. A nearby snow-troll provided us with 50 extra casting points, which we used for water-walking and disenchanting the enemy. Then we made a go with Estra, 3 Penguins, a red knight, a manticore, a rider and a bird. We lost only the rider, but unfortunately the reinforcements sent by Drake made us leave the seriously wounded manticore and the bird behind.
Our army retreated to get a compact position. We await a stand-off for the next days. At least that uber-hero is no more...

ts

PS: I am away until Sunday evening CET.

[This message has been edited by Charx (edited 09-12-2009 @ 04:25 AM).]

posted 09-12-09 05:30 AM EDT (US)     26 / 57  
Lord Drake day 12

I spottet the herbalist stack too late with my slithers, and they were trapped. It turned out to be a bad decision to let Bane be their body guard as the Hydras didn't reach them. I gambled that you didn't have waterwalking spell, and missed. We brought down your Zephyr and manticore, but we don't like our position on the surface. We have a couple of exciting days ahead of us.

TS
posted 09-13-09 03:55 PM EDT (US)     27 / 57  
Ember, day 13

Stand-off time! Drake is carrying in reinforcements from the south, and we fortified in the watchtower. Another useless item was found there.

ts
posted 09-13-09 04:36 PM EDT (US)     28 / 57  
Lord Drake day 13

We have fortyfied our position in the north. In the caves we hunted down a scout.

TS
posted 09-14-09 02:46 PM EDT (US)     29 / 57  
Ember, day 14

Drake showed the position of his underground army today. I wonder what took them so long...

ts
posted 09-14-09 04:07 PM EDT (US)     30 / 57  
Lord Drake day 14

Another boring day, with a defensive stand off in the north and smart remarks in the caves .

TS

[This message has been edited by Troy Locker (edited 09-14-2009 @ 04:18 PM).]

posted 09-15-09 02:44 AM EDT (US)     31 / 57  
Ember, day 15

No battles today, but it looks like a very big one is inevitable.

ts
posted 09-15-09 11:26 AM EDT (US)     32 / 57  
Lord Drake day 15

The big battle took place and it was a total disaster!
I learned the hard way that hydras choose the "silly" spreadattack instead of the fierce doubleattack in autocombat. I divided the attack in two, on water first and then the land based attack. I went in with this on water:

2 hydras (stoneskin), a silvermedal flyer (EW), a waterdancer, an ok 2 lvl hero, a slither and a frog

Facing:
three penguins (1 slvmedal, all EW. All controlled by Embers herbalist), 1 Knight (silvermedal EW) amd an ok hero (EW and 10SCP left.)

I killed a penguin

After that I crashed against the walls with what I had left and the result was another total disaster.

In the underground I fought another big battle against indies. To sum it up: Lord Drakes guys fight like a bunch of schoolgirls!!

I'm in deep shit in this match!

TS
posted 09-16-09 03:53 AM EDT (US)     33 / 57  
Ember, day 16

Uups. I did not expect Drake to attack us, because i was not aware of the possibility to attack on water first... luckily the battles were won clearly.

Taking the dwarven town helped us to fulfill a quest, and we also took the capital, so that Drake won't sell his tower. From the 2nd floor, Uther Pendragon can see him running towards the south...

ts
posted 09-16-09 12:04 PM EDT (US)     34 / 57  
Lord Drake day 16

Nothing to report

TS
posted 09-16-09 04:55 PM EDT (US)     35 / 57  
Ember, day 17

Drake is still on surface, southeast-corner. The hunting-party is gathering, and maybe tomorrow we will go. I must be careful that there won't be any sloppy mistakes now.

ts
posted 09-17-09 03:59 AM EDT (US)     36 / 57  
Lord Drake day 17

Another day of major setbacks. I had to gamble, and lost.
I had 1 shot at making a "16 att vs 6 def"-hit and lost. It sucks, but it happens. Unfortunately I could not afford it right now.

I must say that I don't look forward to recieve the next turn.....

TS
posted 09-17-09 03:42 PM EDT (US)     37 / 57  
Ember, day 18

Hmm... 16 vs 6... sounds like a possession try of an incarnate? There must be a big army hiding underground... but we will be prepared.

ts
posted 09-17-09 06:00 PM EDT (US)     38 / 57  
Lord Drake day 18

Nothing much to report.

TS
posted 09-18-09 03:44 AM EDT (US)     39 / 57  
Ember, day 19

Uther and Estra lead the pursuit and captured a Syron town in the southeast, but not without risk. They are followed by their knights that are close behind, and they can see Drake heading towards the teleporter one day ahead.

ts
posted 09-18-09 11:51 AM EDT (US)     40 / 57  
Lord Drake day 19

I'm making this too easy for you........

TS
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09TRound1 Game11 Rocky (Charx-TroyLocker)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames